GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
This post is in prevention of this evening eventual meltdown.

For example, if Demidov is there at 5 and they dont take him, I may write 2 or 3 posts in capital letters, full of ***, I may even, with few beers in, announce my retirement from being a habs fan, but everybody knows it's just smoke and frustration, just let people express themselves and stop the emotion-shaming

Whether you like the pick or not, we will all align at the end of the day and hope for the best for our new prospect, whoever he is. And just assume they know better than we do, watched more, have more input/data, and more scouting experience than your average HF poster.

Peace out ✌️✌️✌️

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018

For example, if Demidov is there at 5 and they dont take him, I may write 2 or 3 posts in capital letters, full of ***, I may even, with few beers in, announce my retirement from being a habs fan, but everybody knows it's just smoke and frustration, just let people express themselves and stop the emotion-shaming

Whether you like the pick or not, we will all align at the end of the day and hope for the best for our new prospect, whoever he is. And just assume they know better than we do, watched more, have more input/data, and more scouting experience than your average HF poster.

Peace out ✌️✌️✌️
you probably said the same thing last year with Michkov

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
I wonder what player they might go for with the 26th pick if they trade it. Necas is probably Buffalo bound and much of the talk aroud Zegras has Anaheim asking for a lot (which could mean they actually want to keep him)

Or they could just try to trade up to #15 and target Eiserman for example

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
There's no way we pass on Demidov for an LD. It just doesn't make any sense...

I hope Anaheim takes Buium, and Jackets don't trade their pick and draft Lindstrom
That scenario should increase the odds of the habs picking Demidov

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

Peace out ✌️✌️✌️
Agree with everything.....but "emotion-shaming"?!?!?! That's a new one!

• Haha
Reactions: xX SEYF Xx

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Chicago will take Demidov at #2 and people in here will complain as if the Habs passed on the guy...
Then Anaheim will take Buium and the media will be flabbergast because everyone told them he was the Habs choice.
Then Columbus will come and take Sennecke and everyone we go Who?!o_O
Then Habs come and take Lindstrom and the board meltdown...

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91 and 417

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The owner said a couple years ago when he purchased the team that Carolina will never select a defenseman again in the 1st under his watch.
Lindstrom also possesses the size + physical element w/o compromising pace, Canes sorely lack in their roster construction

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
If you find yourself enraged or depressed about which hockey player you’re favorite hockey team selects, you’re not alone and professional responders are there to answer your call.

24 hour helpline for Canada
Call 1-800-668-6868 (toll-free)
Been on the phone with them since 6 am, the counsellor just agreed that if we pass on Demidov I might as well just do it

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Caroline trading necas at clb for the 4th would be the perfect scenario as they would target a D. So Lindstrom would be avalaible to us.

Dundon (owner) has a policy that defenseman won't be drafted round 1. So no, they won't.

IF available at #26 do we take Connelly ?

No - the Habs thought of him so little they packed up and left when his group was about to test at the combine.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
There is no need to get so worked up about Demidov. He's skilled but he's a total unknown. I have never watched an MHL game and only seen his highlights. He plays weird but it works for him. It's a total mystery if he will be able to do this on the NHL. Trust the scouts, they seem him play live and they know better than you, me and everyone posting here.

Last guy who could stickhandle like that was Galchenyuk and 95% of the time he would literally deke himself into a corner.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
1719589738246.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad