Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Liljegren to 2 year extension 3M AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Leafs' defensive zone structure was a joke. Forwards were never on top of the pucks. They were looking to blow the zone; all the time on the wing. For that Leafs would need like Prime Chara big body dude.

Berube's defensive structure is different I think Lily would do a lot better. If it doesn't pan out for some reason then one can always trade him; its not an albatross of a contract.

I am willing to bet Liljegren would do a lot better under Berube
I don’t see it at all, I feel Berube will see his weaknesses and not trust him. Lil looks great in spurts, but it’s his consistency and his lack of core strength (which shocks me given his frame). I’ll admit I’m wrong, I’ve bounced on him prior, lie, when he looked amazing when Reilly was out.

Reactions: rumman

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
That’s how you kill morale, pay the guy who can’t do his job while others do the heavy lifting, where do you guys work, in a office?

Benoit is not good, he tries hard and hits people.

He is paid appropriately and is young enough to improve, but his skill level is not there.

Liljegren is not worth the contract either, but Benoit is very overrated on these boards because he looks like he works hard.

• Haha
Reactions: Al14 and rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Maybe he does figure it out, but what has concerned me, I’ve seen no development in his game the last two years. Go look at the games from the 2022 season, I’d argue he looked his best there for a spell. His consistency hasn’t improved at all, his arc is flat, which is why I’m now down on him. The lack of physicality and hockey IQ lapse, combined with his propensity to get “down on himself”, I don’t think he’s a top 6 on a true contender D core. He’s depth to me, and you can’t pay depth that cash.
Marchant made him look pathetic this playoffs, I see no reason for him to magically transform into Anton fricken Stralman over the summer………

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
What's interesting to note is that in North America he's only really had 1 coach, Sheldon Keefe

He'll have a chance under a new coach, hopefully the change sparks some consistency in his game

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
That’s how you kill morale, pay the guy who can’t do his job while others do the heavy lifting, where do you guys work, in a office?

Pro sports is filled with uneven contracts. Ufa vs rfa, rfa with arbitration vs rfa without rights.

It's part of the business, if Benoit can't handle that he's in the wrong industry

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
How can anyone say people see what they want and not acknowledge he was bullied off the puck? Like seriously, did you watch the Boston series? His idea of a board battle win is a draw. It was embarrassing.

Mind blowing.

That's because some people watch the whole season, and don't make their mind up based on a small sample size.... How many of our players were Dog poop in the playoffs... I mean, it was most really. Yes, he struggled in his first playoff series... but, at the same time, people seem to lack any ability to see what he can become, through their lense of what he is now. Mind Blowing indeed.... you'll be thrilled when he's putting up 40-50 points elsewhere....

Reactions: aingefan

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Being sat out for Brodie tells you how well he played vs Boston.

Lily got injured, he wasn't healthy scratched if I recall correclty.

and come on man.....

Below is the 7 game sample size against Bruins in the playoffs
1719784869301.png

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Marchant made him look pathetic this playoffs, I see no reason for him to magically transform into Anton fricken Stralman over the summer………
They all did, he was mentally destroyed. How people just fluff that off and think he’s going to be different, don’t get it. To me it was the ultimate confirmation of what were our concerns. Can’t handle pressure. Can’t move the forward. Can’t process the play quick enough.

Reactions: rumman

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
That's because some people watch the whole season, and don't make their mind up based on a small sample size.... How many of our players were Dog poop in the playoffs... I mean, it was most really. Yes, he struggled in his first playoff series... but, at the same time, people seem to lack any ability to see what he can become, through their lense of what he is now. Mind Blowing indeed.... you'll be thrilled when he's putting up 40-50 points elsewhere....
Lilly sucked this year, and I give him a pass for some of it due to the ankle issue, but come on, he sucked as much as Brodie, Gio, and Timmins………

Reactions: Al14

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I don’t see it at all, I feel Berube will see his weaknesses and not trust him. Lil looks great in spurts, but it’s his consistency and his lack of core strength (which shocks me given his frame). I’ll admit I’m wrong, I’ve bounced on him prior, lie, when he looked amazing when Reilly was out.

I think it had to do with confience. Keefe was a MORON. With Berube Lily IMO is going to be better. Lily's partners were trash last season; hopefully he has better pairing partner to begin the season that would stabalize the pairing and forwards(especially wingers) not blwing the zone would help transition the puck too.

Berube's breakouts are a lot different than Keefe stupidity. ROR struggled because of it IMO when he was here b/c the systemic change was drastic

Was poking fun at how bad our PK was...

Treliving is doing a great job though.

Treliving is DEFINITELY doing a great job. Dubas f***ing SUCKS

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Lilly sucked this year, and I give him a pass for some of it due to the ankle issue, but come on, he sucked as much as Brodie, Gio, and Timmins………

Sometimes you're only as good as who you are paired with.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Pro sports is filled with uneven contracts. Ufa vs rfa, rfa with arbitration vs rfa without rights.

It's part of the business, if Benoit can't handle that he's in the wrong industry
It’s not a Benoit problem, it’s a Lilly problem. Stay on point………

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00