Confirmed with Link: Leafs sign Liljegren to 2 year extension 3M AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
And a player who can’t put it together, everyone’s had bad bosses, that no reason for giving him a hall pass. If I’m Benoit and I see this stiff making twice as much while mailing it in, well that ain’t good……..
Benoit can barely pivot or make a breakout pass to save his life.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
All of the charts that say this guy is awesome mean about as much as the charts that said Mete was awesome. Liljegren has room to grow, but he is not twice the value of Benoit. Why are we paying guys for what they hope they’ll be? He was a playoff healthy scratch over guys we traded a 4th for.

He was arbitration eligible, so getting the deal done now gives the team more certainty about capspace heading into tomorrow.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Brodie sure (most of that will go to Tanev). Gio was making peanuts and the other two were on LTIR.

There should be some extra $$ after we replace Sammy's 3.5m.

Tre has done nothing to get me excited about next year so far.

Honestly, he can't do much until marner and tavares are off the cap. He doesn't want to force the issue with Marner and/or Tavares so next season is basically a coin flip anyway.

The REAL team building will start when both marner and tavares are off the cap. If these morons extend ridiculous aav to marner making him the highest paid winger in the league thats gonna PISS ME THE F OFF though

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Woll's # is irrelevant since it doesn't hit next season. When it does, JT's $11 million is gone.
Good teams make every deal count, they don’t justify bad signings by saying money’s coming off the books next season……….

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
This should make some people happy though, I know there were lots of complaints we weren't spending enough on D, so this helps with that.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
This is where reading an excel sheet vs watching is shown.

The player can’t stay on his skates, it’s constantly bullied off the puck, can’t shadow his assignments and can’t stay healthy.
Maybe Tre needs a new eyeglass prescription………

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Whether Berube can get more out of Lily is TBD.

Well the advanced stats say there is something, and his real stats when given 20 minutes a night show he is something, so maybe we should make sure before we let a hoemgrown RD walk and be that player elsewhere.

He has never been given the chance to be impactful constantly

Reactions: BM14

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Benoit closes gaps like a pro, and you’re exaggerating his breakout passes. Go watch Lil breakout against Boston, zero poise, zero hockey IQ, panic blind passes 90 percent of the time. An absolute train wreck. Benoit>Lil and ainec.
Yikes. That’s certainly a take.

Reactions: HockeyVirus

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Its like 500k too rich but Keefe used him like a joke. So long as they work with him and give him a shot, that's how good D develop and it does take more time.

Reactions: PromisedLand

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
That's a lot of dough. But it's certainly within the realm of possibility that he earns every penny of that contract and it looks like a relative bargain next year if the Leafs are paying $3m for a top 4 RD

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
He sat out ONE game this playoffs.... seriously... LOL
You are right (1 games this year, 6 games last year) but he is still a disappointment
1719783696986.png

Attachments

• 1719783643910.png
    1719783643910.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 0

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Yikes. That’s certainly a take.
It amazes me what people watch. Like literally every former hockey player watching thought Lil was garbage, Benoit solid, but you’re aghast. Too funny. Yes we know people have loved the Lil for years, it isn’t the universes fault he’s never earned a job. Unlike Benoit who stole his gig this year, on MERIT.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Assuming Tanev will be 4mil x 6 as reported, this leaves us with just shy of $9 mil in cap, with 1st line LW, 2nd line LW and 2nd pair RD, a goalie to sign.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I really like Benoit, but he was a complete reclamation project who wasn't qualified ny his original team.

He's been a great fit here, but he was never going to be a contract comparable for Lily who had a qualifying offer that's already more than Benoits current deal.....

2.5-3.5 mil is always the sta dard offer for rfas at this age who havent quite broken out yet

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Well the advanced stats say there is something, and his real stats when given 20 minutes a night show he is something, so maybe we should make sure before we let a hoemgrown RD walk and be that player elsewhere.

He has never been given the chance to be impactful constantly
I thought they'd move him, not let him walk for nothing. He just does not strike me as a Tre/Berube dman but hopefully he will get his shot.

Reactions: Menzinger

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad