Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Habs fans basically describing as him "a better" Brendan Smith (LOL) which is fine as a 7D and if Nemec runs into a wall at points as a young D to rotate out or the obvious injuries to the top 4 RD in Hamliton and Pesce

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I think we’re learning that Keefe was the reason why Toronto had like 10 NHL D on their roster lol
Ya I’m a little curious how they manage this. Some bodies are going through waivers. 5RD now if we get Pesce. 3LD plus at least one expected LD signing. (Dillon?)

So we end up with 9 D. I’d assume Hattaka and DeSimone go through waivers. This might be slightly annoying to see from Desimone’s perspective. Better not play over Nemec or something stupid.

This takes up a little bit more of our cap space. Fits is clearly busy.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Ya I’m a little curious how they manage this. Some bodies are going through waivers. 5RD now if we get Pesce. 3LD plus at least one expected LD signing. (Dillon?)

So we end up with 9 D. I’d assume Hattaka and DeSimone go through waivers. This might be slightly annoying to see from Desimone’s perspective. Better not play over Nemec or something stupid.

I can’t see him playing over Nemec. I don’t think they’re that stupid. At least for DeSimone he’s on a one way so he’ll still get his NHL pay

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
I don't think it's an issue. We can exceed by 10% during the offseason, right? And when guys get sent down to start the season, their salaries are under the threshold anyway.
One way guys salaries aren’t I don’t believe. Assuming we sign a LD we’ll have 8D counting against the cap even if we only have 7 on the roster.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

This doesn't take up any cap space. Kovacevic is on a below-minimum salary contract. He saves us $8k on the cap over DeSimone.

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I can’t see him playing over Nemec. I don’t think they’re that stupid. At least for DeSimone he’s on a one way so he’ll still get his NHL pay

Nah, he won't. Habs fans are explaining him like Brendan Smith on the main board, he'll be the 7th D and only play if Nemec is having a down stretch of games (just to get his head right) or injuries happen. He won't be a consistent regular imo

Reactions: Hisch13r

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
This doesn't take up any cap space. Kovacevic is on a below-minimum salary contract. He saves us $8k on the cap over DeSimone.
But won’t Desimone still count against the cap if he gets sent down? He’s on a one way

Yes they did they said it was a Done Deal and then about an hour later it was announced he signed in Columbus
Nobody ever said that. At most people thought we were favourites.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
But won’t Desimone still count against the cap if he gets sent down? He’s on a one way

Nobody ever said that. At most people thought we were favourites.
Pagnotta said it I remember the tweet being something like it’s basically a done deal just working a few kinks out in the contract. And I think weekes had gaudreau to nj as well

Comparison Ford

i got a star
Sponsor
May 25, 2008
LA
that’s our 7D, i wouldn’t be surprised if we ran 7D for a lot of the season with a move like this.

Sieg/Dillon-Hamilton
Hughes-Pesce
Dillon/Sieg-Nemec
Kovacevic

that way, we use this on the Pk:

Dillon-Pesce
Sieg-Kovacevic
Nemec

and use Hamilton/Hughes/Nemec on the PP.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
that’s our 7D, i wouldn’t be surprised if we ran 7D for a lot of the season with a move like this.

Sieg/Dillon-Hamilton
Hughes-Pesce
Dillon/Sieg-Nemec
Kovacevic

that way, we use this on the Pk:

Dillon-Pesce
Sieg-Kovacevic
Nemec

and use Hamilton/Hughes/Nemec on the PP.

Don't want to run 7D but if it means that MacDermid isn't playing.

Reactions: Comparison Ford

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2