Devils team discussion (news, notes and speculation) - offseason part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
lol nobody had Gaudreau in writing as a done deal. I think Seravalli may have said it on the radio but that was it

It was just a lot of smoke and it happened the year after we got Dougie so most of us ran with it, myself included. It also didn't help that Friedman said we were the landing spot for him the night prior but realistically I can't blame anyone with that. That's still the worst UFA decision of the last decade in any sport that I can remember besides maybe Lev Bell to the Jets lol

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016
I remember that basically every team “in” on Gaudreau was declared to be out of the race besides the Devils, so we all collectively concluded that he was signing here if Im remembering correctly. Seravalli might’ve made some claims as well about it. Then Columbus came in at the last minute and signed him.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I remember that basically every team “in” on Gaudreau was declared to be out of the race besides the Devils, so we all collectively concluded that he was signing here if Im remembering correctly. Seravalli might’ve made some claims as well about it. Then Columbus came in at the last minute and signed him.

I'm pretty sure we were actually the ONLY team in on him. Philly couldn't make the space so were never actually in on him. Isles were reported but Gaudreau said they never talked. It was just us.

Reactions: Zacha37

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I'm pretty sure we were actually the ONLY team in on him. Philly couldn't make the space so were never actually in on him. Isles were reported but Gaudreau said they never talked. It was just us.

His Flyers fandom got in the way, there's been way more guys who've been traded from CBJ to the Flyers than any chance of us trading him there mid-late in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if Gaudreau asks out soon with the Flyers actually looking better and Michkov already over

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
He just didn't want to be here lol. He was only going to take a contract with us because it seemed we were the only ones, besides the flames who he didnt want to re-up with, offering him the contract.

The Pesce thing has a lot of smoke, and he played in the northern part of the state.

Who knows though, maybe he's a Rags fan and he goes there for cheap if they unload Trouba somehow.

Camille the Eel

The Devils didn't really have the pieces to get this done. Tampa got back a useful LD and a 20 year old who has 3 years left on his ELC. I don't think Tampa's trading for #10 and Siegenthaler or #10 and Bahl.
I can see this being it but I rate Sergachev very highly as a physical and fast defender who can close fast on elite players and simply stop rushes. Besides the offensive stuff. A true number one who’s 26 years old and signed long term. Assuming he is healthy . . . Where there is a will there has to be a way. I would have moved Mercer for him, for example on a sign and trade and I’ve never even thought of that a propos of another potential trade.

But I guess in the end it comes down to what one thinks of Sergachev. Maybe I’m over rating him.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
His Flyers fandom got in the way, there's been way more guys who've been traded from CBJ to the Flyers than any chance of us trading him there mid-late in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if Gaudreau asks out soon with the Flyers actually looking better and Michkov already over

They also just offered more than us

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
So our D depth might shakeout something like this:

Siegenthaler Hamilton
Hughes Pesce?
New(Dillon?) Nemec
Hattaka Kovacevic
Misyul DeSimone
Vilen Casey

Reactions: beekay414

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
More like he went to Columbus at the last minute begging for a deal since he didn’t want to come here but nobody else was bidding.

Reactions: Zacha37

Moist ReadOnly

Jun 7, 2024
Hopefully he starts focusing that attention up front soon. We have 7 NHL D now without the Pesce and 3LD stuff. We barely have more than 7 quality forwards right now lol
Hischier Hughes Bratt Meier Mercer Palat Haula Cotter Lazar

Were really only missing two spots with Foote probably on the fourth line with Lazar and Bastian/whoever to save money

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Hischier Hughes Bratt Meier Mercer Palat Haula Cotter Lazar

Were really only missing two spots with Foote probably on the fourth line with Lazar and Bastian/whoever to save money

It needs 3 guys and 3 regulars at that. We shouldn't be going in with Foote or Bastian pencilled in on a healthy lineup. That's asking for another year of a disaster bottom 6

Reactions: Comparison Ford

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Henrique could be a top 6 option with Jack, why not? He doesn’t have to be a center here

Henrique Hughes Mercer
Meier Hischier Bratt

Also would be nice to have Henrique as insurance to play C when needed

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Henrique could be a top 6 option with Jack, why not? He doesn’t have to be a center here

Henrique Hughes Mercer
Meier Hischier Bratt

My hope is a 3rd liner or middle 6er that can be a center or wing. Henrique would be a great add. I'd be flipping Bratt and Mercer. Jack-Bratt's great and Nico-Mercer's much better than Jack-Mercer.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
It needs 3 guys and 3 regulars at that. We shouldn't be going in with Foote or Bastian pencilled in on a healthy lineup. That's asking for another year of a disaster bottom 6

Yikes 3 unless they are really cheap could be really hard to pull off if we are adding Pesce and Dillon.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

where are you getting 3 regulars from?

at WORST right now, its Palat, Haula, Lazar, Cotter. That is 2 guys you need.

Reactions: beekay414
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad