Player Discussion Nick Jensen (D)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Honestly haven't loved his game. Makes more mistakes than I expected. Feel like some of it's been bad luck but he hasn't been as calm and consistent as I had hoped.
Really? I thought he'd been quietly efficient. Haven't seen much panic in his game, just sort of does his thing, though he does seem to be a magnet for bad luck, hit high with pucks more than once, and got picked by the ref creating a breakaway last night.

He hasn't been the focus of my attention though, so I may have missed what you're seeing.

Reactions: Wondercarrot

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I hope we are not expecting for a Zub level player... maybe Zub when he will be 34 y/o but as of now, they aren't in the same tier.

Gregor is also quite ordinary, I preferred Kelly or Kastelic. I liked the Cousins signing but not too sure about this one.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Honestly haven't loved his game. Makes more mistakes than I expected. Feel like some of it's been bad luck but he hasn't been as calm and consistent as I had hoped.
He’s met my expectations. He will get even better as he learns Sandy or Chabot’s tendencies through additional reps. I like him with Sanderson and Zub with Chabot as TC is hard to play with.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Really? I thought he'd been quietly efficient. Haven't seen much panic in his game, just sort of does his thing, though he does seem to be a magnet for bad luck, hit high with pucks more than once, and got picked by the ref creating a breakaway last night.

He hasn't been the focus of my attention though, so I may have missed what you're seeing.

I agree with this.

He's pretty calm and collected, plays the game quite smoothly in terms of his skating and puck movement. His passing and puck handling is better than expected.

We have a few riverboat gamblers on this team already - it's nice having a guy who plays the game simply.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Haven't noticed him much, which I'll take for my 2RD. He's not making mistakes and is doing all the small things right. That's the biggest upgrade we've had since...honestly can't remember because our 2RD situation has always been so crap

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Great add imo. Likely was asked to do too much as a shutdown D in Washington and their team wasn't very good last year which explains why fans say he had a big dropoff.

He doesn't need to be our top shutdown D here since we have Zub already so I think he's gonna be a very stabilizing piece for us on the backend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad