Player Discussion Nick Jensen (D)

sensfan4lifee

May 21, 2024
Explain this in detail please. Exactly why that is.
I don't feel like I need to explain it in detail when you can look at his stint in Vancouver and that should explain it all.

The Sens need a coach that will hold players accountable, someone with experience instead they went bargain shopping again instead of taking time and doing a thorough process.

They need someone like Joel Quenville, f*** I'd even take Ted Nolan.

Instead they hire Travis Green who's not going to improve the team, they will end up sticking with him for longer than they should and it will hamper the development of the prospects oh wait we have no prospects.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Instead they hire Travis Green who's not going to improve the team, they will end up sticking with him for longer than they should and it will hamper the development of the prospects oh wait we have no prospects.
Neat, appreciate the crystal ball look! It's nice to know we don't need to waste our time watching games or giving the guy a chance.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
I don't feel like I need to explain it in detail when you can look at his stint in Vancouver and that should explain it all.

The Sens need a coach that will hold players accountable, someone with experience instead they went bargain shopping again instead of taking time and doing a thorough process.

Coaches can grow, it's possible. Look at Maurice, Tocchet, Bowness, etc. It'll be exciting to see if Green can be the missing piece that gets the team playing hard consistently.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
we need jensen to have a bounce back year or that defense is in trouble

Reactions: Cosmix

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

You do need to explain. I'm really not familiar with what he did or didn't do in Vancouver. I don't follow west coast teams as much as I used to since having a daughter.

Why was he so bad, specifically?

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
we need jensen to have a bounce back year or that defense is in trouble
I think Jensen will be fine. We need Chabot to have a bounce back year and start playing to his full potential. I also think we need to see another step forward for Sanderson.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
- manage the puck better
- be much harder to play against
- more balance throughout the lineup
- more agressive play all over the ice

Reactions: JackieDaytona

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I don't think people realize how bad Chychrun was last season. Every Dman suffered their xGF% with him, while on the reverse, every Dman benefitted when paired with Sanderson. I'd honestly like to try Sanderson-Jensen and Chabot-Zub
I think this makes the most sense. Not only does Zub and Chabot have some history, Zub is an absolute rock and can cover for some of Chabot's errors, while Jensen will ease into his time here with one of the steadiest, most complete young D-men in the league - while also allowing - similarly to Zub - Sanderson to utilize his offensive abilities more because he can trust Jensen will be where he's supposed to be.

vandelay

Nov 3, 2022
So you did 0 research. Well done. Thanks for your contribution.

So Nick Jensen I hope his skating is still there after last year. Seems like there are reports it may have take a step back?
I think this makes the most sense. Not only does Zub and Chabot have some history, Zub is an absolute rock and can cover for some of Chabot's errors, while Jensen will ease into his time here with one of the steadiest, most complete young D-men in the league - while also allowing - similarly to Zub - Sanderson to utilize his offensive abilities more because he can trust Jensen will be where he's supposed to be.
I do agree, it makes a lot of sense. That said, Zub needs a bounce back year as well. I thought he really struggled early on. Had some good stretches but a bad start and unlucky injuries made for a tough year.

Also, I know this is tge NJ thread but I have high hopes for JBD (well, not that high). I think he went from not worth a waiver claim to a fairly stable n.6 by year's end. This is the year (hopefully) that the game slows down for him. I don't think he gets faster but if he can think it just a bit faster, he can be a good third pair option. The bar is low but I think he takes another step this year.

Reactions: bert

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Lots of coaches who are now deemed to be good and successful had bad win-loss records in their early careers, even some that have coached Stanley Cup teams. Vancouver was not a good team and their GM was possibly the worst in the league. Sometimes you need to dig a little deeper to understand why things happened.

I don’t mind if people are skeptical, but it's never a bad idea to do a little research and then formulate an opinion. There’s a reason they say “ready, aim, fire” in that precise sequence.
Sometimes they skip the aim part. :)

I do agree, it makes a lot of sense. That said, Zub needs a bounce back year as well. I thought he really struggled early on. Had some good stretches but a bad start and unlucky injuries made for a tough year.

Also, I know this is tge NJ thread but I have high hopes for JBD (well, not that high). I think he went from not worth a waiver claim to a fairly stable n.6 by year's end. This is the year (hopefully) that the game slows down for him. I don't think he gets faster but if he can think it just a bit faster, he can be a good third pair option. The bar is low but I think he takes another step this year.
I hope he takes a physical step forward and starts to hit more often, develops greater strength to clear the front of the net, and acquires some nastiness to make life tougher on opponents attacking our net.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I don't think people realize how bad Chychrun was last season. Every Dman suffered their xGF% with him, while on the reverse, every Dman benefitted when paired with Sanderson. I'd honestly like to try Sanderson-Jensen and Chabot-Zub
chabot and zub havent really worked together in the past but maybe they end up working better as the second pairing playing against lesser competition

if we are sticking with jbd instead of trying for an upgrade then from what i recall he played well with chabot

maybe
Sanderson-Jensen
Chabot-JBD
Kleven-Zub

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad