GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Who said you have no right to be a rabid fanbase, that's exactly how I described our fanbase and I include myself in that because of how much I seek Habs news or religiously watch Habs games.

That's what makes us the best fanbase, but at the same time, that enthusiasm manifests itself in ugly, ugly ways.

I said i was ashamed being a Habs fans because of how certain factions of our fanbase treated David Reinbacher after he was drafted.

I don't have shame for how this organization has been run, I live in Ottawa and when I think of a shit organization I look no further than the Ottawa Senators. I don't live in the Habs bubble I guess.

Meh.

I don't think the people in charge are dumb. I also understand that it's a 32 team league and only 1 team can win. I'm old enough to have witnessed some Cups though, maybe that's why i'm not as cynical as you are I guess.
I don't think Hugo and Gorton are dumb either , but they've only been here for 2-3 years, I am happy with management but they don't have very big shoes to fill after what we've seen before them.

EDIT: I clearly also missed your point in your first message , I thought you were saying we shouldn't be rabid , that's on me I didn't mean to come at you or anything

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Lidstrom is too low. back issues, sure
some team in the top 6 will take him
Just my personal list. I think he ends up as a winger, and I think he's a bit prone to tunnel vision. That combined with the back issues make me comfortable ranking the other 8 ahead of him.

Could obviously be wrong down the road, but that's always the case lol

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I would create a bidding war… there are teams desperate for Dman… I want to first know how high the bidding will get
In that context, the only team i would trade down with is Ottawa. So they take the Dman they want and we still end up with one of Demidov/Lindstrom at 7OA.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I don't think Hugo and Gorton are dumb either , but they've only been here for 2-3 years, I am happy with management but they don't have very big shoes to fill after what we've seen before them
I'm also happy (for now) with the work Hughes and Gorton have done and i'm going to trust whomever they pick tonight because I don't think they have to pick who I want them to pick, to celebrate that draft pick. My desires for a specific player (cough cough Lindstrom) and the teams objectives don't always line up and that's OK lol.

They'll be plenty of time to judge them after the fact.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Catton isn't in the top 10 imo
Catton is a bit tough to rank since he probably has the most dynamic skill outside of Celebrini and Demidov, but a lot of his offense is generated off the rush, and not so much in the offensive zone. That being said, I've seen Slaf learn to generate offense off the cycle where he looked lost doing it last year, so I feel more comfortable with it being a teachable skill.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
The price would be the pick we own and it would make perfect sense. 5th overall is a perfectly fine place to go for Catton.
Last year I was a BensonBoy this year from when draft talk started I said I was a CattonCad but it’s hard to think the HuGoBo Habs going for Catton at 5OA

But I’d be happy

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
In that context, the only team i would trade down with is Ottawa. So they take the Dman they want and we still end up with one of Demidov/Lindstrom at 7OA.
I’m fine with not drafting at all if I can get a couple of good young assets:

What if Jets offer McGroarty + Perfetti for 5OA?

I’d have a hard time saying no

Reactions: Habs10Habs

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Catton is a bit tough to rank since he probably has the most dynamic skill outside of Celebrini and Demidov, but a lot of his offense is generated off the rush, and not so much in the offensive zone. That being said, I've seen Slaf learn to generate offense off the cycle where he looked lost doing it last year, so I feel more comfortable with it being a teachable skill.
Hockey is played off the rush. How often do we see o-zone set ups? Catton’s hands are so so quick.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
The thing with Slaf is that he's an actual monster , its a lot easier to teach a guy to cycle and protect the puck when he has 100 pounds just in his ass walking around like this

big_butt_business_by_cometkingsly_ddcnq85-fullview.jpg

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Hockey is played off the rush. How often do we see o-zone set ups? Catton’s hands are so so quick.
I do agree, but rush offense can be shut down with a 1-3-1 set up, which would make it pretty valuable to have a bit more diversity in terms of your offensive style. I've really only dropped him lower than Iginla recently because I think Iginla can already do both, albeit the rush offense isn't as impressive as Catton's.

I just think his game will translate very easily, and from there the sky is the limit.

Reactions: ReHabs and bopeep

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
ok posters

Demi is there at 5
Lidstrom is there at 5

Who do you pick??

I think it's a Win - Win scenario.

If they pick Lindstrom, that means they're not worried about the back issues and having a top 6 with Slaf, Dach and Lindstrom would be very fun to watch especially come playoff time.

If they pick Demidov, well that's a possible game breaking talent that the Habs haven't had in a loooong time. The fans will love the flashiness that's for sure. Having a guy that can beat guys 1 on 1 will be very refreshing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay