GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
As a Habs fan you should know that's it's not easy to get a center unless you draft one. Wingers are much easier to acquire.
Doesnt matter, people dont draft a player based on position, unless they are desperate which they are not, gap between demidov and lidstrom is A- demidov player vs B+ lidstrom, people will choose bpa, and further you would be tremendously obnoxious to disregard 2 young russians trying to flee their messed up country for the great american dream, i put some mustard on that

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Doesnt matter, people dont draft a player based on position, unless they are desperate which they are not, gap between demidov and lidstrom is A- demidov player vs B+ lidstrom, people will choose bpa, and further you would be tremendously obnoxious to disregard 2 young russians trying to flee their messed up country for the great american dream, i put some mustard on that
Now I want a hot dog.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
f***ing spot on.

I want Demidov, he is my first choice but he is overrated. Like Michkov last year, generational talent don't slip to 7. They are lock at 1 the 5/10 years they happen to be available.

People just approach a speculative things like the draft with pre-conceived notion.
I think we have a rabid fanbase (and I don't mean that in a bad way necessarily) and other fans/media take advantage of that to raise our hysteria.

Like the Michkov thing is another perfect example...never mind that 3 teams passed on him, they were justified NOT drafting the generational talent, same with the Coyotes, it's just the Habs that missed out on the generation's next big thing.

We're seeing that play out right now, and I ain't having it. Miss me with that.

I was so ashamed of being a Habs fan last year after the backlash Reinbacher got, I might to hide my allegiance this year if it happens again lol.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Many are stuck on position "we don't need a LD".

We don't have any other LD like this aside from Hutson. Having Hutson AND Buium on the same team would make us deadly af.

It will make our forwards that much deadlier...

Top D's play more minutes than forwards.

There's a reason D men are generally more valuable than forwards.
We’ve got Guhle, Matheson, X, Struble, Engstrom, Harris, Hutson…

It just doesn’t make sense.

If Demidov isn’t there, take Sennecke.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I think we have a rabid fanbase (and I don't mean that in a bad way necessarily) and other fans/media take advantage of that to raise our hysteria.

Like the Michkov thing is another perfect example...never mind that 3 teams passed on him, they were justified NOT drafting the generational talent, same with the Coyotes, it's just the Habs that missed out on the generation's next big thing.

I was so ashamed of being a Habs fan last year after the backlash Reinbacher got, I might to hide my allegiance this year if it happens again lol.
Preach on friend!

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
As an aside, anyone else wish we could come out of this draft with Catton somehow? The price would be difficult to manage…

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal

Ya think?

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
Us trying to draft Demidov

run-explosions.gif

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Hearing Columbus are seriously looking at trading #4 to the Flyers.........................then Flyers take??
I would assume if that's the case, the Flyers would make this trade on the draft table because they're obviously targeting a specific player.

Either way, it doesn't really change anything for the Habs.

Reactions: dinodebino
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia