GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
I like Beck, Roy, Farrell and Mesar but comparing our top forwards and D…. anyone who thinks our forward prospects are in good shape are out to lunch.

I think we’re lacking a stud #1D, but all those forwards are at best, maybe top-9. Only world I’d be fine with a Buium is if both Demidov and Lindstrom are gone, though I’d still prefer Sennecke in that case. I think I would even prefer Iginla before another defender.
I might be alone on that one but Ghule, Reinbacher and Hutson all have a shot at being an actual #1D on a winning team.

• Wow
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Always take it with a grain of salt....but some people know a whole lot more than we do and they are allowed to bet on it, so that could also meant something as it did for the past 2 years.

Well, smart money will certainly move the things.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Gotta love how narratives are playing out.

Hawks taking Levshunov at 2 is totally reasonable
Ducks taking Buim at 3 makes a lot of sense
Blue Jackets taking Lindstrom at 4 is a no brainer

But if the Habs pass on Demidov...OMG, can you believe that the Habs passed on Demidov??????

That's funny to me, but either way, i'm pretty confident if he's there, they're taking him.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019

Hawks taking Levshunov at 3 is totally reasonable
Ducks taking Buim at 4 makes a lot of sense
Blue Jackets taking Lindstrom is a no brainer

But if the Habs pass on Demidov...OMG, can you believe that the Habs passed on Demidov??????

That's funny to me, but either way, i'm pretty confident if he's there, they're taking him.
I would be really surprised if Hawks picked at 3 and Ducks at 4. Would be quite the change of events

• Haha
Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
If we can get Demidov at 5, I think they'd make an effort to move up for MBN. A big, forechecking beast with a heavy shot would balance things out nicely.

I'd also expect them to chase Luchanko, Boisvert or Surin (help ease Demidov in).

That would be incredible. We could literally trade every other pick on the draft +Harris/Struble.

If we walk away with MBN and Demidov that's a great draft for us.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
I would be absolutely pissed if we pass on Demidov or Lindstrom for whoever the f*** it is but

Buium, Levshunov and Silayev have 1D upside and are very exciting prospects.

If one of these is picked up front of Demidov, i will be pissed, but a top 10D in the league has as much value as a 1C.

We will have to get over it if it happen.

But lets be honest, there is no f***ing way we pass on Demidov at 5. Get real.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I might be alone on that one but Ghule, Reinbacher and Hutson all have a shot at being an actual #1D on a winning team.

Maybe, but really what I wanted to say is our D is a lot stronger than our forwards in terms of prospects and potential. Maybe Roy will be a top-6 winger, but I don’t think so.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I would be absolutely pissed if we pass on Demidov or Lindstrom for whoever the f*** it is but

Buium, Levshunov and Silayev have 1D upside and are very exciting prospects.

If one of these is picked up front of Demidov, i will be pissed, but a top 10D in the league has as much value as a 1C.

We will have to get over it if it happen.

But lets be honest, there is no f***ing way we pass on Demidov at 5. Get real.
We passed on Michkov.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014

f***ing spot on.

I want Demidov, he is my first choice but he is overrated. Like Michkov last year, generational talent don't slip to 7. They are lock at 1 the 5/10 years they happen to be available.

People just approach a speculative things like the draft with pre-conceived notion.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Hearing Columbus are seriously looking at trading #4 to the Flyers.........................then Flyers take??

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Personally I want a top 6 forward but it won't be the end of the world to draft a future #1 D.
Well that exactly it: both are organizational needs. As much as I like our Dman pool, it is still missing that "for sure" 1D. Some may achieve that status by default but it's uncertain. So if we walk away with that next "Josi" or "Heiskanen" guy, there is nothing not to like there. That mean more work for KH to trade some other D to shore up the F, but more fun for Fans when that take place

• Love
Reactions: Tyson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: