GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

f***ing pissed right off tbh. We've taken a defenseman 3 out of the last 4 years with our top pick. Enough. Please.

Only way I get behind taking a defenseman this year is if we have a trade lined up for a young top 6 winger, or if Demidov and Lindstrom are gone at 5.

I just can't get behind taking Buium over Demidov given our roster and prospect pool. Doesn't make sense.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
How does anyone know what Columbus plans to do? How does anyone know that Levshunov is going to Chicago and Silayev to Anaheim?
You and I dont know, but i'm sure team have a much better idea of what people ahead of them are gona do. they spent full year on the road with each other. they share notes, etc.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Has there actually been any top 6F/3D Russian that refused to come over ? I think no. The only guys who bolt or do not come over are the ones that arent that good and will have o play in the AHL or the 4th line, so they prefer to stay. Top Russians always come over. So to me the only Russian issues are viewing, and thats recent..
There's a lot more to making these picks than simply when they'll come over. Our current regime likes to be hands-on and directly involved in players development and influences and we've been seeing positive results with our young players.

As I mentioned in a previous post, we don't know anything about these Russian kids as they don't get the coverage like players in other markets do. I follow CHL and NCAA players closely and spend a lot of time reading about them in respective leagues and some of their local news which often has some good inside info. We hear a lot about who are good dressing room guys, who aren't etc. We fans have zero connections to insider info from Russian hockey circles. That's why it's ignorant not to trust our management team who have people closer to the situation (i.e. Bobrov's father working for SKA hockey ops) who do their due diligence on everything.

I'm getting vibes that Habs hockey ops like Demidov and I had vibes last year that they didn't like Michkov. I'm a big fan of Demidov and Silayev but the only things I've read about their personality, work ethic etc are a few quotes from legendary Igor Larionov (Silayev's KHL coach) who seems to really like the kid. If our brass pass on them, they'll have their reasons.

In any event, we're going to be adding a very strong prospect to our organization tonight. Today is a good day for the Habs no matter what.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You and I dont know, but i'm sure team have a much better idea of what people ahead of them are gona do. they spent full year on the road with each other. they share notes, etc.
Agreed but remember all of these rumors are started by these teams on purpose to throw other teams off.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
Agreed but remember all of these rumors are started by these teams on purpose to throw other teams off.
Some, for sure. I still think that there is a high level of intel available to them. Heck... why would the Flyers jump to 4 to take demidov before MTL if they dont know what MTL will do?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Top defense prospects:
David Reinbacher
Lane Hutson
Logan Mailloux
Adam Engstrom
Bogdan Konyushkov

Top forward prospects:
Joshua Roy
Owen Beck
Sean Farrell
Filip Mesar

I like Beck, Roy, Farrell and Mesar but comparing our top forwards and D…. anyone who thinks our forward prospects are in good shape are out to lunch.

I think we’re lacking a stud #1D, but all those forwards are at best, maybe top-9. Only world I’d be fine with a Buium is if both Demidov and Lindstrom are gone, though I’d still prefer Sennecke in that case. I think I would even prefer Iginla before another defender.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
But I hope people are ready then for us passing on Demidov for Silayev 🤣
inside-out.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00