Confirmed with Link: Kovacevic Traded to the Devils for 2026 4th Round pick (Highest of the three 4th Rounders the Devils own)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
So without any other moves, the defense is looking like

Guhle-Savard
Matheson-Harris
Struble-Xhekaj
Barron

I thought we might have traded Harris at the draft to sign Roy/Carrier if Hughes really wanted to improve the team.

I think we start the season with Hutson instead of Struble, he plays in the AHL with Reinbacher and Mailloux. Atleast in the beginning.

We get our last long looks at Harris and Barron. Hughes isn't going to rush them out the door, he understands D's need time and he isn't giving them away until he knows exactly what we have in them.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
So without any other moves, the defense is looking like

Guhle-Savard
Matheson-Harris
Struble-Xhekaj
Barron

I thought we might have traded Harris at the draft to sign Roy/Carrier if Hughes really wanted to improve the team.

I honestly think there's a chance that BOTH Mailloux and Reinbacher make the team out of camp. If not just one of them.

This trade just opens space for both of them.

SamHabsFan

Apr 6, 2016
Quebec
Id rather have traded Harris though, Savard is now the only right hand shot D on the team...looking like Mailloux and Reinbacher will be competitionning for a roster spot, which is good news

Reactions: Redux91

Bottle Rocket

Jul 23, 2023
Good asset management. We bought low (waivers) and sold higher (4th). He played his role of being depth/placeholder and is no longer needed as we look into giving games to our young guns this year.

A good soldier, but managing a hockey franchise is about planning and executing the plan. That's what they are doing.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
If both of them make it, what would the Rocket right side on D look like?

HQoNrlx.gif

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
We already have (2) 4 th round picks in 2025 draft...so they choose to tske a 2026 4th

Who is to say this 4th rounder or one of our own is not involved in a coming trade.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Hutson - Savard
Matheson - Reinbacher
Guhle - Mailloux
Struble - Barron
Harris

Still need to make room

We actually don't, atleast not right away. Struble Reinbacher and Mailloux will all start in Laval. I'm sure of it.

Hughes is buying time for Harris and Barron. Unless he can get value he deems worthy for Harris he won't just move him for the sake of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chili

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia