2024-2025 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I've always liked Faksa's game. Should help us defensively. Solid faceoff guy. Improvement over Hayes most likely.

I've watched a lot of Sens hockey over the last two seasons and couldn't tell you much about Mathieu Joseph. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Two separate deals. I hope these are cap dumps and don't cost much to acquire as I don't think either are vast improvements over Hayes for roughly the same amount each. Faksa is solid D center so would fill that role but has little offense. Joseph us a good 3rd line winger but as stated we have younger prospects to play at wing.
Looks like we got them for the cool cost of free.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Both guys are solid defensively, penalty killer types and we picked up a third in the process. Big fan.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
As seemingly insignificant as these moves are. I think the sting being taken away from the Hayes trade is subsided now.

We added pretty decent depth, showed a willingness to spend money, drafted defenseman, didn't get locked in to a dumb long term contract, got younger and only downgraded from a 2nd to a 3rd of teams in probably pretty similar spots.

I would be extremely satisfied if we found a way to move out Krug in the meantime without giving up a 1st to do so.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
When is Sunny supposed to be able to play again? I could see Faksa more as a 4C option than 3C. But obviously with the ability to play 3C if/when needed. Also plays wing.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Adding the better defensive players in the Bottom 6 also helps the top 6 in the long term. Not happy we still have Krug and Peru both on the team at the same time. But, having defensive forwards on the team is good

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Our bottom 6 is already way better
And it's been a weak link for this team for a while so I'm happy to see these moves...realistically, Dean and Dvorsky are not getting big roles this year...they need to focus on tearing it up in the minors.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Maybe Faksa is our 4C and not 3C?

Sundqvist is probably just a winger at this point, especially after another knee surgery. Dean also could use more time in Springfield.

Our top 9 also needs spots for Thomas, Kyrou, Buchnevich, Schenn, Saad, Neighbours, Bolduc, Texier, and Joseph.

I wonder if there’s a bigger trade coming.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Maybe Faksa is our 4C and not 3C?

Sundqvist is probably just a winger at this point, especially after another knee surgery. Dean also could use more time in Springfield.

Our top 9 also needs spots for Thomas, Kyrou, Buchnevich, Schenn, Saad, Neighbours, Bolduc, Texier, and Joseph.

I wonder if there’s a bigger trade coming.
That was my thinking. I wonder if they're worried about Sunny bouncing back from another injury.

The Bottom 6 would be some iteration of:
Bolduc-Texier-Joseph
Torp-Faksa-Kapanen

Reactions: CaliforniaBlues310

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
The best things these moves do in the short term is allow us to not rush our young guys like Dvorsky and Bolduc and still compete at the pro level.

Best case scenario is that we float around a bottom 8-12 spot at the deadline, sell Faksa, Joseph and Kapanen then after a 3/4 year of seasoning in the A, we call up Dvorsky, Bolduc then eventually sign Snuggy.

Then we send them all back down for AHL playoffs.

Draft Schaefer or trade for a high end D prospect
Build for 2026-2027

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
The best things these moves do in the short term is allow us to not rush our young guys like Dvorsky and Bolduc and still compete at the pro level.

Best case scenario is that we float around a bottom 8-12 spot at the deadline, sell Faksa, Joseph and Kapanen then after a 3/4 year of seasoning in the A, we call up Dvorsky, Bolduc then eventually sign Snuggy.

Then we send them all back down for AHL playoffs.

Draft Schaefer or trade for a high end D prospect
Build for 2026-2027
Can't stress this enough. The extra term was always the worst part about Hayes. If these guys don't work out, who cares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad