Confirmed with Link: Kovacevic Traded to the Devils for 2026 4th Round pick (Highest of the three 4th Rounders the Devils own)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Don’t understand this. I complained yesterday that we should have traded for Holtz, who was had for nothing. So couldn’t we have simply traded Kovacevic for him? Would rather a young forward with upside who needs a change of scenery than another draft pick

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
So now, are you ok for the d-men or we still have one too many ?

I guess we will keep 8 d-men to begin the year ?

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Struble/Harris
Barron

Big minutes in Laval for Reinbacher and Mailloux.

Is it the time to trade Savard ? (big value)

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Don’t understand this. I complained yesterday that we should have traded for Holtz - so wlcouldn’t we have simply traded Kovacevic for him? Would rather a young forward with upside who needs a change of scenery than another draft pick

Maybe Hughes doesn't want Holtz for the same reason that the Devils no longer wanted him. This is not a fantasy league, there is a lot of information that we are not privy to.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
So now, are you ok for the d-men or we still have one too many ?

I guess we will keep 8 d-men to begin the year ?

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Struble/Harris
Barron

Big minutes in Laval for Reinbacher and Mailloux.

I think one of Harris or Barron still gets traded. I’m guessing Barron

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Selecting Florian Xhekaj in the fourth round would tend to disprove this generalization. ‘
I never pay attention to anything after the first round anyways. I prefer to wait until the project skates before my eyes.
In Florian's case I initially thought it was a good gesture because nobody was talking about him before the draft and we certainly heard complaints after.
It wasn't until camp that I remarked on him and it was all positive.
Lo and Behold he proceeds to breakout in Hamilton in what was a fine season.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Not with the logjam... He's not going to give away Barron and Harris until he gives them as much time as possible.

Well that's the thing, Barron and Harris missed theirs opportunity to cement themselves on the roster last year. That make them vulnerable to be leapfrogged by other prospects. One of them could be very much gone by the end of the camp (if not sooner).

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Well that's the thing, Barron and Harris missed theirs opportunity to cement themselves on the roster last year. That make them vulnerable to be leapfrogged by other prospects. One of them could be very much gone by the end of the camp (if not sooner).

Anything's possible...

But D's need time, there's no leapfrogging unless completely necessary. This is the year for them to cement their places. There's no need to Rush Reinbacher and Maiilous after time and effort trying to develop Harris and Barron this far.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad