Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXV: Season over. Still waiting to begin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Sam Gagner‏@89SGagner5m
It's hard not to get pumped up watching the Blackhawks Cup Parade. What a scene.

OH OH .... foreshadowing that he wants to be traded to Blackhawks :P

Gagner for Leddy, sign Bozak for 2 years, trade 7 + for Coburn + 11, draft Horvat.

Bingo, bango, bongo.

Smid - Petry
Coburn - Schultz
Leddy - Schultz

:nod:

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Has the poster who made it quite clear the Oilers had made at least 2 trades to be announced right after the final, come by to explain why there has been nothing and not only has there been nothing, Mact has backtracked big time

Nope. That poster has not said a word since.

So a few different things could have happened here.

1) It was all BS.

2) It was true, but circumstances have changed and thus the deals are no longer in place.

3) It was true but the definition of 'after the Final' basically means the Draft.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
A 6'0.5'' 211lb 18 year old isn't small.

Horvat by himself isn't small but he's not a 6'3" center either. I want one of our top 3 centers to bring some size. I'd gladly take Horvat if we move Gagner but all signs point to Gagner getting an extension.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I'm totally on board with this, as far as center depth goes. Getting any 3 of Bolland, Zack Smith, Peverley, Gordon or Cullen would do great things for the overall center depth on the team, if a guy goes out, no VV getting a regular shift.

I'd go a step further, probably let Jones go and bring in one, or both, of Eric Nystrom or Matt Hendricks.

Bringing in Nystrom is a slap in the face to Fedun IMO. He's also not all that great, he was on waivers pretty recently.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Has the poster who made it quite clear the Oilers had made at least 2 trades to be announced right after the final, come by to explain why there has been nothing and not only has there been nothing, Mact has backtracked big time

Internet poster makes bogus claim---->GM has some explaining to do. HF logic at its best.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Bringing in Nystrom is a slap in the face to Fedun IMO. He's also not all that great, he was on waivers pretty recently.

You could always let Fedun have a free shot.

Look I haven't "forgiven" him either, but he's a player this franchise could use, outside of stupid play he appears to be a generally character guy and no he wasn't on waivers recently or he would have been claimed.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Gagner for Leddy, sign Bozak for 2 years, trade 7 + for Coburn + 11, draft Horvat.

Bingo, bango, bongo.

Smid - Petry
Coburn - Schultz
Leddy - Schultz

:nod:

Leddy was ridiculously sheltered in Chicago. He's very overrated, and not worth Gagner. He's a good young defenseman but he's a 2nd pairing guy at the moment, and it's no guarantee he becomes something better. He moves the puck well but he's not a big or physical guy. He's a worse Justin Schultz.

And unless you're giving Bozak 6 million or something crazy i highly doubt he signs for 2 years. He's going to be looking for term.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I think he was getting at that Nystrom was the guy who caused Fedun's broken femur.

Oh thanks. I wasn't sure what the connection there was but now I've been reminded. Pretty silly reasoning either way.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
You could always let Fedun have a free shot.

Look I haven't "forgiven" him either, but he's a player this franchise could use, outside of stupid play he appears to be a generally character guy and no he wasn't on waivers recently or he would have been claimed.

hahaha, but if he breaks his femur what was the point in signing him?lol. I hear you all i'm saying is he's not a very good player, there's enough guys we could target that him in particular could be excluded. He's the kind of guy you can use on the 4th, but he's like Colin Fraser and that's an easy player to get.

Dallas claimed him on waives. http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2011/10/06/nystrom-on-waivers-in-minnesota/

He probably would have cleared too but Dallas needed his contract to reach the cap iirc.

Last edited:

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Doesn't mean he can't play like one though.

Horvat is more Mike Richards than anything from what i've seen/heard. I wouldn't be too worried about his size. Besides he should get the Logan Couture treatment in terms of development, so he'll be more or less filled out by the time he helps the roster.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I don't think you'd think that if you broke your femur....

GUess it depends on the personality. Guys forgive each other for bad incidents in the NHL all the time and have to suck it up and play together.

I think worrying about the feelings of a guy who may never play for the team (Fedun) is a lousy reason to not sign an actual NHL player, though Nystrom is no steal either, so it's not a big deal either way I suppose.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Horvat is more Mike Richards than anything from what i've seen/heard. I wouldn't be too worried about his size. Besides he should get the Logan Couture treatment in terms of development, so he'll be more or less filled out by the time he helps the roster.

He's 211lbs., what's filled out for him? 230lbs.?

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB

lol. this board is so obsessed with size it is funny. Lets just draft the biggest guy available even if he is ranked 175# over all.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
GUess it depends on the personality. Guys forgive each other for bad incidents in the NHL all the time and have to suck it up and play together.

I think worrying about the feelings of a guy who may never play for the team (Fedun) is a lousy reason to not sign an actual NHL player, though Nystrom is no steal either, so it's not a big deal either way I suppose.

That's my point. Nystrom isn't anything special. It's good for player moral to stand behind a guy like that. One could argue Nystrom is the reason Fedun hasn't been cashing NHL cheques by now, it'd probably be a little tough to watch him cash in while you toil in the minors because you're still trying to regain a step that was stolen from you. Guys forgive because they have to and it's better for the soul, but you don't need to be reminded of it all the time. Also this was a major major injury, a femur is incredibly painful and arduous injury to come back from. It's not like Hall kneeing Clutterbuck, we're talking about a guy who could have lost his entire career.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
That's my point. Nystrom isn't anything special. It's good for player moral to stand behind a guy like that. One could argue Nystrom is the reason Fedun hasn't been cashing NHL cheques by now, it'd probably be a little tough to watch him cash in while you toil in the minors because you're still trying to regain a step that was stolen from you. Guys forgive because they have to and it's better for the soul, but you don't need to be reminded of it all the time. Also this was a major major injury, a femur is incredibly painful and arduous injury to come back from. It's not like Hall kneeing Clutterbuck, we're talking about a guy who could have lost his entire career.

Fair enough. I don't agree with the importance you're placing on the incident, but I can see your point.

We're discussing minor pieces either way so it's not a huge deal no matter what happens in my opinion, but I can see where you're coming from for sure.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
He's 211lbs., what's filled out for him? 230lbs.?

If he's filled out now that's fine.. My point is he's not going to be a guy who gets pushed around when he's in the NHL. And even if you don't gain much weight you can still make your muscles stronger. I really wasn't saying anything about his size now, just that it shouldn't be an issue in terms of drafting him.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
I'm getting a kick out of the holier than thou opinions in this thread about my opinion on the attitudes of modern hockey players. Whatever. I think that it's a problem and I'm going to continue to believe that it's a problem well into the foreseeable future. I'm sick and tired of these players, Canadians, treating their home country like it's a deplorable third world option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad