Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXV: Season over. Still waiting to begin...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobblehead

Sep 30, 2006
@TIOPS_DePaoli 12h
Can confirm Letang's agent Kent Hughes countered the Penguins 8 year, $54 million offer, asking for 8 years, $62.5 million/ full NTC
Retweeted by James Mirtle

Given Shero's history, Letang is gone.
Anaheim is interested from twitter last night and they have the pieces to put together a package....Gibson, Fowler, Etem, Smith-Pelley, Rakell, etc.

Anaheim could be the darkhorse to steal MacT's thunder this summer. What would it take for Letang?

Etem, Rakell and Gibson?
the you move Ryan for youth from Ottawa (Zibinajad?Turris? and a dman) or NYR or PHI ...watch out for the Ducks!

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
PRV and the 7th Overall pick for Dion Phaneuf, the 21st overall pick and Biggs/Blacker? That's laughable.

I don't think that is laughable either.

Phaneuf is terribly overrated and I don't want him on the Oil, but the value of that proposal isn't terribly far off. I wouldn't do it, but saying this is laughable is like Leaf fans saying our valuation of Gardiner is laughable.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
Anaheim could be the darkhorse to steal MacT's thunder this summer. What would it take for Letang?

Etem, Rakell and Gibson?
the you move Ryan for youth from Ottawa (Zibinajad?Turris? and a dman) or NYR or PHI ...watch out for the Ducks!

I would think Fowler would have to be in there to

ekcut

The Refs shot JFK.
Jul 25, 2007
Edmonton
PRV and the 7th Overall pick for Dion Phaneuf, the 21st overall pick and Biggs/Blacker? That's laughable.

You probably find napolean dynamite funny too... You cant account for some peoples taste in humor!

Dion, despite being a DB, is a top pairing dman....we currently dont have a top pairing dman.
They dont come cheap.

If it wad a trade and sign, I'd seriously consider it.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

Etem, Rakell and Gibson?

I can only hope someone steals that thunder. Letang would be a nice addition but the contract sounds brutal to me. Huge price to get the guy and a massive contract. Count me out of the letang derby.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I wonder how untouchable Evander Kane is. he is exactly what we need here. gagner +

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
hey guys, what do u think and Devante -Smith-Pelly.......does anyone else think he can be had for cheap? I saw him at the red white game for canada two years ago and he was just exploding guys

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Accordint to Dreger, Peverley is a available, seems like a guy that would fit nicely into the bottom-6 and provide more center depth, what do you think it takes to acquire him?

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 59s
Bruins are making progress in trying to re-sign Bergeron, Horton and Rask. Sounds like Peverley is available for trade. #TSN

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
hey guys, what do u think and Devante -Smith-Pelly.......does anyone else think he can be had for cheap? I saw him at the red white game for canada two years ago and he was just exploding guys

I would certainly inquire about him if I was the GM... I think he goes in part of a package for a big fish.

Edit: re Peverly being available... hardly a new news.. Dreger is pretty much stating the obvious.

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
One poster suggested that anything short of Eberle and Klefbom and they pass. That Kool-aid must be really good.

:shakehead Some fans make the whole fan base look bad. I know there's quite a few good posters from them but it seems like most of them are just little kids and it turns into a bashing show. I wish we can just ban Leafs/Oilers proposals on the main board. That stuff is just embarrassing to read.

Accordint to Dreger, Peverley is a available, seems like a guy that would fit nicely into the bottom-6 and provide more center depth, what do you think it takes to acquire him?

Honestly it would take a 3rd IMO. They need to shed salary so his value shouldn't be high especially coming off an awful season.

Too bad Tambo gave away our 3rd for Fistric without getting one back for Whitney/Hemsky at the deadline :shakehead

Not sure but would love to have him.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Yeah doubtful Boston will be bringing back Peverly or Ference.

I'd be interested in both of them, although frankly Peverly didn't have the best year for Boston and there might be better options.

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Yeah doubtful Boston will be bringing back Peverly or Ference.

I'd be interested in both of them, although frankly Peverly didn't have the best year for Boston and there might be better options.

I think this is the thinking we need to get away from. The only way we're going to win a trade is by taking a chance. If we only go for guys that performed well lately and don't have any issues, we're going to by above market value. If we get underperforming guys that we are confident in we can watch them turn it around and laugh in the other team's faces. It will be wonderful.

I did think that Peverley showed some jump in the playoffs and could be an extremely useful player here. I wouldn't want to pay too much, but I think he would help out our bottom 6 immensely.

It seems like 3rd lines around the league really just need one motivated, energetic player on them to get them going. If you get one player that has enough motivation and jump, it will usually get the other two to play harder and faster, and cause fits for the other teams. Glencross is a good example of this. Brodziak and Stortini were doing sweet FA until he showed up, and then all of a sudden they're a dynamite 3rd line. I think Peverley could be that guy.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
In a dream world.. Our bottom 6 this year.

MPS-Bolland-Clutterbuck
xxxx-Peverley-xxxx

I guess as it looks Smyth and Brown will be in the bottom 6. Just not in my dream world. Hahah

Redwood Original

El Presidente
May 3, 2007
In a dream world.. Our bottom 6 this year.

MPS-Bolland-Clutterbuck
xxxx-Peverley-xxxx

I guess as it looks Smyth and Brown will be in the bottom 6. Just not in my dream world. Hahah

Peverley isn't a fourth line center, neither is Bolland. Perhaps Peverley could play the 2c role if Gagner shifts to the wing.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
I think this is the thinking we need to get away from. The only way we're going to win a trade is by taking a chance. If we only go for guys that performed well lately and don't have any issues, we're going to by above market value. If we get underperforming guys that we are confident in we can watch them turn it around and laugh in the other team's faces. It will be wonderful.

Fair comment - I did say I was interested, but I'd like to see who else is available. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad