Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXV: Season over. Still waiting to begin...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
I can only hope someone steals that thunder. Letang would be a nice addition but the contract sounds brutal to me. Huge price to get the guy and a massive contract. Count me out of the letang derby.

I like Detroit's old system they used with Lidstrom, using him as the maximum player salary cap with all other salary negotiations having to fall beneath his. It gives the teams a more formal salary structure. I'd like to see a similar philosophy applied to Hall and his $6M annual cap hit.

With Letang, if he came it at under $6M I'd consider. Over $6M and I pass. Since he's rumoured to be looking at around $8M, it's a big pass for me.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
This is a typical response, but it doesn't fly. They're still going to get the same money playing in the US.

There's actually a pretty huge range of taxes accross the NHL. If you play in Alberta you take home way more money then someone who plays in Montreal

fp0630_hockey_salaries-20-04-441.jpg

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
@nielson1260 2m
So Nurse, Monahan and Horvat with visits to Edmonton.

So if Calgary takes Monahan, safe to say Edmonton/Philly will swap picks with Philly taking Nurse and Edmonton taking Horvat at 11?

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Peverley isn't a fourth line center, neither is Bolland. Perhaps Peverley could play the 2c role if Gagner shifts to the wing.

Peverley also plays RW, and I'd much rather have him as the 3RW than Clutterbuck anyway. I really don't agree with Gagner playing wing and would keep him at 2C.

Bring Jones back and sit Brown in the PB and you're on your way to a pretty decent lineup. Forgive my tangent, but if we could then get Columbus to retain some salary in an Umberger trade, and sign Gordon as a UFA, the lineup would look quite good IMO.

Hall - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Umberger - Gagner - Yakupov
Paajarvi - Bolland - Peverley
Smyth - Gordon - Jones
PB: Brown, Lander

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Peverley also plays RW, and I'd much rather have him as the 3RW than Clutterbuck anyway. I really don't agree with Gagner playing wing and would keep him at 2C.

Bring Jones back and sit Brown in the PB and you're on your way to a pretty decent lineup. Forgive my tangent, but if we could then get Columbus to retain some salary in an Umberger trade, and sign Gordon as a UFA, the lineup would look quite good IMO.

Smyth - Gordon - Jones

I like your idea here.

Ideally I want as many guys as possible that can play Centre. Although poor luck had a bit to do with it, it was simply embarrassing when literally all of our centres in the organization all went down within a week and we were left without a pot to piss in.

Having a bunch of guys on the team that can play any position anywhere in the lineup at any given time is huge. We will be able to handle injuries much, much more effectively.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Smyth - Gordon - Jones

Get rid of Smyth and replace him and Jones with some toughness and that's not that bad. Also what assets are you using to land Umberger, Bolland, and to a lesser degree Peverley? If the reported price on Bolland is correct then we should steer clear of him.

Last edited:

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
@nielson1260 2m
So Nurse, Monahan and Horvat with visits to Edmonton.

So if Calgary takes Monahan, safe to say Edmonton/Philly will swap picks with Philly taking Nurse and Edmonton taking Horvat at 11?

RNH, Gagner and Horvat is just too small down the middle. I like Horvat but not if we keep Gagner.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Smyth - Gordon - Jones

I'm totally on board with this, as far as center depth goes. Getting any 3 of Bolland, Zack Smith, Peverley, Gordon or Cullen would do great things for the overall center depth on the team, if a guy goes out, no VV getting a regular shift.

I'd go a step further, probably let Jones go and bring in one, or both, of Eric Nystrom or Matt Hendricks.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
RNH, Gagner and Horvat is just too small down the middle. I like Horvat but not if we keep Gagner.

Horvat is 211lbs. That is not small for an NHL player. That said I'd still like to see Gagner out and a bigger center in his place.

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Sam Gagner‏@89SGagner5m
It's hard not to get pumped up watching the Blackhawks Cup Parade. What a scene.

OH OH .... foreshadowing that he wants to be traded to Blackhawks :P

Archangel

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Has the poster who made it quite clear the Oilers had made at least 2 trades to be announced right after the final, come by to explain why there has been nothing and not only has there been nothing, Mact has backtracked big time

KenLinsemanFanClub

Sorry State
Nov 26, 2003
Isle of Van
Has the poster who made it quite clear the Oilers had made at least 2 trades to be announced right after the final, come by to explain why there has been nothing and not only has there been nothing, Mact has backtracked big time

Pretty quiet on the Canucks board is it? Why don't you go stir something up over there?

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

Do you just copy and paste the same post over and over again?
You're not even an Oiler fan so why do you care anyway?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Given that there's been exactly one trade announced since the finals ended, I imagine there's a few gunshy GMs around the league. Plus they have to deal with buyouts and waivers.

It's really not as simple as people think. Other moves around the league can affect what you do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad