Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXV: Season over. Still waiting to begin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Just got a horrible text.

As of July 1st no more text messages from TSN.:cry:

This was the best thing for those long weekends where the phone is in the trailer or on the holidays where you only spend a brief moment on the phone

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You can always buy Richards out next summer, right? Try him for one more season.

Kinda surprised Tampa didn't do that with Vinnie.

I agree on Richards

As for Vinnie who knows. If I was Yzerman you do it whenever ownership gives you the money.

poetryingasoline

Feb 20, 2008

This was the best thing for those long weekends where the phone is in the trailer or on the holidays where you only spend a brief moment on the phone

My heart sank when I read the first sentence.

What happened to TSN having direct links to their reporters twitter accounts?

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

What?! You must be a Tier 1 TSN fan because I did not get that text message from them yet.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
I guess that AV likes him.

Looks like it's more of a second chance scenario to find out of this season was a one-off or not. They would still have the option to buy him out next year if he doesn't bounce back. It's probably not a bad call either. I mean, he hasn't had fewer than 66 points in a season since he was a sophomore (aside from his 48 point season where he only played 56 games and was on pace for 60 this year in a bad year.

If it works out, great. If it doesn't, they just buy him out next year. They could sign McDonaugh and Stepan to $6M and $5M contracts respectively and still have more than enough room under the cap to fill out their roster even with Richards on the books this season. They're not as desperate to dump salary as it would seem.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
My heart sank when I read the first sentence.

What happened to TSN having direct links to their reporters twitter accounts?

They probably still have it, but you know how nice it is to be in very poor cell phone range, but still be able to get the odd text message?

The convience was amazing.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
What?! You must be a Tier 1 TSN fan because I did not get that text message from them yet.

In all fairness I think if you signed up when it first came out you were almost a tier 1. I know a couple people that signed up after and I'd get a message and then an hour later they'd get it.

This really is ****ing ********. How am I going to get all those moves to my phone now?

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
In all fairness I think if you signed up when it first came out you were almost a tier 1. I know a couple people that signed up after and I'd get a message and then an hour later they'd get it.

This really is ****ing ********. How am I going to get all those moves to my phone now?

Do you have a smart phone?
Download the free app and enable push notifications, same thing.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

Just download the TSN app and approve push messages. Same thing.

EDIT: Wow, I literally said the same thing, almost word-for-word, that Groucho did.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Not a chance, I don't need to hear who won the wimbeldon at 3am. With the texts I signed up to the sports i wanted.

They don't spam me with push notifications, so I've never seen this as a problem.

But if you're so against occasional, easily ignored pushes about other sports - just download the NHL GameCenter App and turn push notifications on. Only NHL stuff.

Only drawback is it's slower by half an hour or so.

Auguste McEscoffier

Oct 20, 2009
re: Coburn

Rishaug hasn't heard the Oilers are in on Coburn, but that he expects them to be in on Coburn, which isn't surprising one bit.

Mac isn't showing his cards to anyone it seems.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
MacT is too slow... I want Tambo back. He'd have signed a #7 dman and a 4th line C by now and we'd be done for the summer and waiting for training camp to start.

#Ekblad+McDavid

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Stauffer/Tencer/Rishaug all talking about Coburn recently.....

Sounds like they would want Coburn and to draft Horvat at 11.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

sounds like ol joe stevens needs to set up @joestevens29 on twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad