Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXV: Season over. Still waiting to begin...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
exept you don't need a large C to stop Kopitar, Carter, Thornton ect... most of the best defensive players in hockey are average or even below average size. Zetterberg, Datsyk just to name two.

You want your C to be able to play both ends of the ice, if anything you want smaller C (as it seems smaller players are actually better two way players). I admit size is needed. You want some size in your bottom 6, some bigger D men. That is easy enough to find though.

This. Skill can shut down anything. Modano was a really skilled two way guy, size doesn't matter as much as people on here think. We need a winger or two for down low and to keep cycles, but center just needs to keep growing up. The top 6 is entirely 23 and under atm.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
lol friday afternoon fights and tattling

Im hoping for an active weekend. draft BPA @ 7, trade for luongo, trade dubnyk for another 2nd and take 3 skill projects in the 2nd round Bowey, Theodore, Fucale, Jarry whoever, just load that prospect pool. so when this team starts contending we can bring in young guys on ELCs

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
7th overall to Dallas for 10th and Golioski

37th overall and Musil to Philly for Coburn

ANA's 2nd and Pitlick for
Clutterbuck or Peverly?

Hemsky with 2.5 retained for a bottom 6 guy? Smith? Peverly?

Draft Horvat or Lazar

Much improved team depth wise, especially on D.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Call me crazy but if Barkov Lindholm and Monahan are not available I think it's very likely we trade the pick.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

Clutterbuck or Peverly?

Draft Horvat or Lazar

Dallas gave up a hefty price to get Goligoski, I doubt they move him so easily.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Call me crazy but if Barkov Lindholm and Monahan are not available I think it's very likely we trade the pick.
Maybe, but for some reason I don't see them all being gone.

I think someone like Nichushkin or Nurse or Ristolainen is going to jump up and push one of the centers down. Whether it's a guy the scouts/MacTavish like or not, who knows?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Clutterbuck or Peverly?

Draft Horvat or Lazar

While this is very realistic, i just don't see it happening for some reason.

Probably one of the most realistic posts with more than one trade in it though.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Dallas gave up a hefty price to get Goligoski, I doubt they move him so easily.

I don't disagree but look at their depth.

Goligoski
Gonchar
Daley
Robidas
Rome
Oleksiak
Dillon
Larsen
Benn
Cannaughton
Morrow

The last 2 will likely start the year in the AHL although Cannaughton is more than NHL ready to be a solid 3rd pairing puck moving d-man.

Something has to give on that backend especially with an obvious need for not 1 but 2 top 6 C's.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Get rid of Smyth and replace him and Jones with some toughness and that's not that bad. Also what assets are you using to land Umberger, Bolland, and to a lesser degree Peverley? If the reported price on Bolland is correct then we should steer clear of him.

I'm not really sure. I didn't really go as far as to make proposals for the players in question, but I guess it would be something like...

Bolland - Lander and either our 2014 1st or both 2013 2nds (is that close enough to a Pominville-like return?)

Umberger - Something around Hemsky maybe with salary retained from both sides.

Peverley - draft pick/prospect, I would imagine.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
While this is very realistic, i just don't see it happening for some reason.

Probably one of the most realistic posts with more than one trade in it though.

I agree... not many really big names acquired or shipped out... but it improves depth and assesses weaknesses in the roster. I think that's the type of deals we'll be seeing from MacT.

Of course he might surprise us all with Letang, Vinny, Brad Richards and Bryzgalov and send the boards here into overload mode.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
True. But there is a new GM in charge and it looks like they're going on a semi blow up.

To move up 3 spots? Unless Barkov falls to 7 DAL would be stupid to make this move.

I am done with proposals and speculations... MacT make some deals already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad