Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXV: Season over. Still waiting to begin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
If it's between Musil or Marincin - I am trading Musil.

100% Marincin was already a lethal Offensive guy, but he started to become polished defensively last half of the year.

Musil is a pure shutdown D with ok hockey sense but no offensive upside and need to improve skating

Id say it goes

Klefbom
Marincin

Musil/Gernat

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 6h
As mentioned two or three times on @OilersNow over the last few weeks. Keith Acton's son, Will could be on Oilers radar screen as depth C

Player coaching their own kid. That seems vaguely nepotistic (we are the Oilers, after all) and I can't think off the top of my head where that situation has occurred before.

Also, 2nd for Clutterbuck and a prospect? Sign me up and call me Phillipa.

Auguste McEscoffier

Oct 20, 2009
Player coaching their own kid. That seems vaguely nepotistic (we are the Oilers, after all) and I can't think off the top of my head where that situation has occurred before.

One of the Sutters, no?

Oct 30, 2011
I'm not so sure. I like both prospects, but I would have a hard time choosing between the two. I might chose the same way eventually, but I could just as easily not.

I think Musil has been steady in his development. He's not as sexy as a prospect, but he could turn out to be a very good shutdown D.

Marincin in some ways is riskier. He could step into that top 4 role one day, but there's no guarantee he doesn't fade into obscurity in the AHL or even going back to Europe.

Boondock Saint

Mar 6, 2003
So according to Stauffer top 4 dman for 2nd rd pick + prospect and 2nd rd pick for Clutterbuck + b prospect.

Coburn (?) for 37 + Musil/Marincin?
Clutterbuck + prospect for 56

Did Stauffer comment at all on what he thinks MacT will do with the 7th overall?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Wonder if it would be for OKC?

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Our 2nd probably isn't enough for Coburn. Maybe it'll be a deal that gets done on the draft floor with a swap of 1sts? If Monahan is gone you have to figure MacT won't mind trading down to 11.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
Did Stauffer comment at all on what he thinks MacT will do with the 7th overall?

Yup talked about Monahan, Nich and Nurse. Also was talking about K. Acton being good with young C's and was discussing RNH and then said if Oilers add Monahan or Horvat or Lazar then having Acton around would be good for their development

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
Ryan Rishaug‏@TSNRyanRishaug40s
I fully expect the Oilers to be in the chase for Braydon Coburn. Not sure what asking price would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad