Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread XXV: Season over. Still waiting to begin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If he's filled out now that's fine.. My point is he's not going to be a guy who gets pushed around when he's in the NHL. And even if you don't gain much weight you can still make your muscles stronger. I really wasn't saying anything about his size now, just that it shouldn't be an issue in terms of drafting him.

Fair enough, that said I could see him adding even more mass maybe up to 220lbs. or so if he's already 211 at 18. Part of the attraction with him as a prospect is that he is already strong and filled out.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
lol. this board is so obsessed with size it is funny. Lets just draft the biggest guy available even if he is ranked 175# over all.

Way to take the opposite of what I said and turn it into a strawman argument. Did I ever say to take the biggest player available? No. If you think Horvat is the best player then take him. I just don't want three centers that wont be able to go toe to toe with giants from our new division. RNH and Gagner sure aren't going to stop Kopitar, Carter, Thornton, and Getlzaf from lighting us up.

Size isn't everything but it does matter.

Bauer83

Aug 27, 2004
I'm getting a kick out of the holier than thou opinions in this thread about my opinion on the attitudes of modern hockey players. Whatever. I think that it's a problem and I'm going to continue to believe that it's a problem well into the foreseeable future. I'm sick and tired of these players, Canadians, treating their home country like it's a deplorable third world option.

Completely ignoring what is right in front of you?

Look at the Oilers as a prime example of young hockey players wanting to make Edmonton/Canada home. Schultz being the poster child for someone choosing Canada over every other option in the NHL.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
I'm getting a kick out of the holier than thou opinions in this thread about my opinion on the attitudes of modern hockey players. Whatever. I think that it's a problem and I'm going to continue to believe that it's a problem well into the foreseeable future. I'm sick and tired of these players, Canadians, treating their home country like it's a deplorable third world option.

Wanting to have privacy, live in nice weather, and not sign autographs 12 hours a day does not mean you consider Canada a third world country. Perish the thought of hockey players being actual *gasp* PEOPLE who might have different priorities.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
So sick of the Bozak posts. Do people even watch Leaf games? This guy is so not the answer to any of our problems. Way worse than Gagner offensively and no better defensively (dude is a career - 42 in less than 250 games).

Pretty damning indictment of Bozak in the link below. Best summed up by the following quote on the "chemistry" between Bozak and Kessel "There's no chemistry there. If anything, there is biology, in the respect that Bozak is in a parasitic relationship with Kessel."

http://theleafsnation.com/2013/5/17/why-tyler-bozak-should-have-played-his-last-game-as-a-leaf

Not a chance MacT is dumb enough to trade Gagner for some dud like Bozak just because he can win a few draws.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Way to take the opposite of what I said and turn it into a strawman argument. Did I ever say to take the biggest player available? No. If you think Horvat is the best player then take him. I just don't want three centers that wont be able to go toe to toe with giants from our new division. RNH and Gagner sure aren't going to stop Kopitar, Carter, Thornton, and Getlzaf from lighting us up.

Size isn't everything but it does matter.

exept you don't need a large C to stop Kopitar, Carter, Thornton ect... most of the best defensive players in hockey are average or even below average size. Zetterberg, Datsyk just to name two.

You want your C to be able to play both ends of the ice, if anything you want smaller C (as it seems smaller players are actually better two way players). I admit size is needed. You want some size in your bottom 6, some bigger D men. That is easy enough to find though.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
So sick of the Bozak posts. Do people even watch Leaf games? This guy is so not the answer to any of our problems. Way worse than Gagner offensively and no better defensively (dude is a career - 42 in less than 250 games).

Pretty damning indictment of Bozak in the link below. Best summed up by the following quote on the "chemistry" between Bozak and Kessel "There's no chemistry there. If anything, there is biology, in the respect that Bozak is in a parasitic relationship with Kessel."

http://theleafsnation.com/2013/5/17/why-tyler-bozak-should-have-played-his-last-game-as-a-leaf

Not a chance MacT is dumb enough to trade Gagner for some dud like Bozak just because he can win a few draws.

Personally I don't want any part of any current Leaf roster player. If we're talking prospects, then maybe... But current roster? Pass.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Waiting for trades to happen....

ku-medium.gif

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
I wonder what Carolina would want to swap picks, 5 and 7.

I figured Carolina would want to draft a winger or a D man. If Mac, Drouin, Jones and Barkov are gone by 5, and they want Nish, Risto or Nurse, would they want to trade down? I doubt they're interested in Lindholm or Monahan.

What do you guys think?

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Wanting to have privacy, live in nice weather, and not sign autographs 12 hours a day does not mean you consider Canada a third world country. Perish the thought of hockey players being actual *gasp* PEOPLE who might have different priorities.

dont forget a lot of older players have kids now and its entirely possible that players dont want to have their kids grow up in a city where everyone and their dad knows them and god forbid a player is having a down year and his kids get razzed at school and everywhere they go. and anyone who doesnt think this happens is naive.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Personally I don't want any part of any current Leaf roster player. If we're talking prospects, then maybe... But current roster? Pass.

Not sure if serious. Gardiner, Reimer, Grabovski, Kulemin, MacArthur would be great fits on the Oilers.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE

You wouldn't take players from a playoff team..?

Is it just an irrational Toronto hatred, or are you unfamiliar with their players?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Not sure if serious. Gardiner, Reimer, Grabovski, Kulemin, MacArthur would be great fits on the Oilers.

I personally think Reimer is overrated. He makes even one more save and the Leafs are off to the second round.

Kulemin and Grabovski had a combined 3 points in the playoffs. ...And a combined -19.

MacArthur might be okay, but I really start to question the value of players that play in the Eastern Conference for their entire careers. The East and West are night and day. Think of all those Florida Panthers that came and play in the Western Conference. David Booth, Jay Bouwmeester, etc.

Gardiner is probably the only current roster player I'd take, but I'm still cautious.

Debonair

PS4
Jul 20, 2004
I personally think Reimer is overrated. He makes even one more save and the Leafs are off to the second round.

Kulemin and Grabovski had a combined 3 points in the playoffs. ...And a combined -19.

MacArthur might be okay, but I really start to question the value of players that play in the Eastern Conference for their entire careers. The East and West are night and day. Think of all those Florida Panthers that came and play in the Western Conference. David Booth, Jay Bouwmeester, etc.

Gardiner is probably the only current roster player I'd take, but I'm still cautious.

Plus Mac is a free agent... you don't need to give up any assets to sign him. I'd still pass.

I'd definitely take Jake Gardiner though, he's going to be great.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Bob Stauffer thinks Oilers might make 4-5 trades in the next 3 weeks
Also said he wouldn't be surprised if Mac T traded our second round picks

Auguste McEscoffier

Oct 20, 2009
Haha. Jesus. It's the usual suspects saying the same thing over and over.

It's clear Mac isn't revealing anything, because all we are hearing is 'might,' 'may,' and 'could.' Rishaug, who is usually tuned in when it comes to potential Oilers moves, has been unusually quiet so far. Terry Jones? Great scoop.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
So according to Stauffer top 4 dman for 2nd rd pick + prospect and 2nd rd pick for Clutterbuck + b prospect.

Coburn (?) for 37 + Musil/Marincin?
Clutterbuck + prospect for 56

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
So according to Stauffer top 4 dman for 2nd rd pick + prospect and 2nd rd pick for Clutterbuck + b prospect.

Coburn (?) for 37 + Musil/Marincin?
Clutterbuck + prospect for 56

Cody Almond be that prospect? I don't mind that.

I wonder if you could get Talbot out of Philly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad