5)Duhaim or Sherwood 3 x1.55
6)Lauko for a 4th
For me bigger and better at C. Room for Potrais
Bigger meaner on D
Better scoring on the wings
Way tougher up front
Cap numbers work well they don’t!!
Yep I over did it Bussi 1 mil Swayman 8 plus

This would work great if the team wasn't $4.5 million over the cap.....and that's only with a 20 man roster

Reactions: Tbaybruin

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
I would prefer young pieces (Kleven, Greig, Ostapchuk) and or picks over Chychrun. I would rather give OEL a 4 mil deal over 3 years...The future of Boston is Lohrei and Lindholm on the left side, no need to throw another 6-7 mil per over 7 years there.
If we knew OEL was interested in joining the Bruins at that price, I would agree. Sometimes though, a bird in hand is better than 2 in the bush as they say.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I would prefer young pieces (Kleven, Greig, Ostapchuk) and or picks over Chychrun. I would rather give OEL a 4 mil deal over 3 years...The future of Boston is Lohrei and Lindholm on the left side, no need to throw another 6-7 mil per over 7 years there.

I agree with this. If chychrun had been healthier throughout his career I wouldn’t have as big of an issue with it, but a long term deal(5-7years) with a 26 year old who has missed 25% of career games due to bad knees doesn’t sound good to me.

Love the thought of acquiring someone with chychruns talent. Just major reservations on a long term deal. I’d go 4y $26m at the very max, but I’m aware that likely doesn’t get him.

Reactions: Gordoff

24giovanni

Aug 2, 2005
Now that I've finished reading through the thread,

A few thoughts ,

For those worried about Chickrun's knees , it's not the 70's anymore . knee surgeries have a way higher success rate these days. Bobby Orr would have played way longer than he did if he played in this era.

Chickrun would balance out the Bruins D like you can't imagine, just what the doctor ordered. DS is bang pursuing this asset.

Did we all forget why the Bruins overperformed last season? It was Sway and Ullmark , it would work even better with the few upgrades the Bruins can make this season . You're paying the price for Ullmark or keep on walking. I don't give a f*** what anyone's take on this is . pay or move on. If the Sens decide to pass on Ullmark, then what? Bruins have all the leverage , don't be fooled.

Saw Sprong's name come up, really? Aim higher.

Poitras and Pinto have pretty much equal value at this point , which one would you rather face the Panthers with? Not saying trade Poitras , just saying don't disregard Pinto's value . There is room for both.

Not looking to make Lindholm rich, looking to better the team. Anything that starts with an 8 or higher , move on.

Monahan , for the right AAV, could be an asset. (3.75M max )

I see posters apprehensive about certain FA's You should be , there is a reason their teams let them get to FA status.

Poitras has Marc Savard potential in my eyes , but it's gonna take a few years . He will probably surpass Pinto at some point but we are ways from there .
Agreed and like.

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

617Marine

Aug 17, 2012
Boston
The NHL has probably asked to not announce the trade until the Cup is awarded. If an Ullmark contract extension is the only holdup I can't imagine it would take this long. Its either yes or no.

So my guess is that the trade will be made official tomorrow morning.

Remember during Game 4 in ‘07 when A-Rod/Boras announced he was opting out? The MLB lost their absolute minds.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009

BS, it's a must "be a better team", no must "win". For me it's just the second transition year and I hope they get back in true contention in 2025-26.

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Hate OEL at $4 million. He’s playing 15min/gm in these playoffs. Old. Injury prone. And fake tough guy. Would love the young guys you mentioned though. I don’t mind Chychrun, but please don’t give him a no trade clause Sweeney.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
On Nantucket for work today just ran into a boatload of local talent. Noah Hanifin bachelor party apparently. Eichel Hanifin Yandle only guys I recognized. 5 mins later ran into Matty Berniers who had no idea his fellow NHLers were on island. One or two of those guys would look great in a Bruins jersey
I’m sure Bruce is on the island, too. Not to far away for him.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
Swayman $7 million

Bussi $1

Guentzel $9

Chychrun $4.5

Duhaime $1.8

Kasteilic $0.8

Marchand Zacha Pasta

Guentzel Coyle Geekie

Frederic Poitras Lysell (Merkulov)

Duhaime Kastelic Brazeau

Chychrun Mcavoy

Lindholm Carlo

Lohrei Peeke

Sway Bussi

Guentzel creates his own offense no matter who his center is in the same way P Kane did. Debrusk won’t fit under the cap, so move Geekie up and give him a chance, maybe he can develop into Knuble., in any case, his numbers won’t be worse than Debrusk’s in the regular season. Then see if Lysell or Merkulov can make it on the 3rd line, can’t keep them in the AHL forever. The 4th line has to be a hammer, Maroon is too slow, and if Ottawa wants Lauko, then Bruins should want Kastelic who is decent on face offs. Duhaime for obvious reasons. See how this lineup develops through the season and make adjustments at the deadline. But I think the extra offense from Guentzel & Chychrun, and the extra toughness on the 4th line will build on last season’s excellent outing.

Reactions: Gordoff and sarge88

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Swayman $7 million

Bussi $1

Guentzel $9

Chychrun $4.5

Duhaime $1.8

Kasteilic $0.8

Marchand Zacha Pasta

Guentzel Coyle Geekie

Frederic Poitras Lysell (Merkulov)

Duhaime Kastelic Brazeau

Chychrun Mcavoy

Lindholm Carlo

Lohrei Peeke

Sway Bussi

Guentzel creates his own offense no matter who his center is in the same way P Kane did. Debrusk won’t fit under the cap, so move Geekie up and give him a chance, maybe he can develop into Knuble., in any case, his numbers won’t be worse than Debrusk’s in the regular season. Then see if Lysell or Merkulov can make it on the 3rd line, can’t keep them in the AHL forever. The 4th line has to be a hammer, Maroon is too slow, and if Ottawa wants Lauko, then Bruins should want Kastelic who is decent on face offs. Duhaime for obvious reasons. See how this lineup develops through the season and make adjustments at the deadline. But I think the extra offense from Guentzel & Chychrun, and the extra toughness on the 4th line will build on last season’s excellent outing.
It’s not terrible but I will be genuinely disappointed if Zacha, Coyle, and Geekie are the entirety of the “top 6” c core again. Guentz could make it not as much of an issue tbf but that leaves the B’s locked in at C for a little bit and that could backfire.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Hate OEL at $4 million. He’s playing 15min/gm in these playoffs. Old. Injury prone. And fake tough guy. Would love the young guys you mentioned though. I don’t mind Chychrun, but please don’t give him a no trade clause Sweeney.
Yeah it could be rich, and Boston would have a third pair at about 7.5 mil which may be too much. I would be happy with a couple different players there, but I have liked what I have seen from him.

Reactions: Gordoff

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
BS, it's a must "be a better team", no must "win". For me it's just the second transition year and I hope they get back in true contention in 2025-26.
I generally like Mick's stuff, as he knows the game and has a famously long memory, but I didn't actually read the article.

Sometimes I post bits just to give people something to check.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Most players in that age bracket sign with some form of NTC or NMC. It's a sign of today's free agent atmosphere; players want security and some control over their future.

Reactions: JOKER 192
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad