Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I was actually thinking a little bit about who the KD era Hawks picks are in this draft.

Could be why they traded up those two spots too (ofc multiple other potential reasons too).

Based on the mocks and everything, I think the first 14ish picks are kind of locked in. Not the order, but the total pool:

1) Celebrini
2) Demidov
3) Levshunov
4) Silayev
5) Lindstrom
6) Buium
7) Iginla
8) Parekh
9) Catton
10) Sennecke
11) Dickinson
12) Yakemchuk
13) Eiserman
14) Helenius

Well, maybe Eiserman/Helenius I could see dropping for some other prospects, but we still see them talked about in the same pool.

So that's 3 more selections until 18th with ours being the 4th.

From the guys mocked in the second half of the first:

MNB, Jiricek, Hage, Connelly, Greentree, Solberg, Chernyshov, Luchanko, Boisvert, Artamonov, Basha, Parascak, Emery, Ritchie, Hutson, Beaudoin, Hemming.

Luchanko, MNB, Hage and Chernyshov fit the elite skating amongst forwards.

That pretty much guarantees at least one of them will be at 18 if they want to go that way.

Could be overthinking, but this makes me feel pretty good about having the 18th pick. We should have plenty of favorites to pick from.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I wouldn’t complain about drafting Luchanko at 18, Mustard at 50, and Spellacy at 67 if all are available. You’d have 3 of Wheeler’s top 5 skaters
I'd like to see us add more variety to our pool this year than just speed and effort. I'm more on Hage and Chernyshov personally. Although I like Luchanko's floor and I think he's an interesting prospect. I just like the other two guys ceilings better.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Guys I like this year more than others seem to in the scouting world

Buium
Catton
Iginla
Hage
Chernyshov
Stiga
Wallenius
Tarin Smith
Eiserman** (15-20)
Basha
Luchanko
Artamonov
Surin

Guys I like less than the scouting world

Levshunov
Silayev
MBN
Parekh
Emery** (15-20)
Greentree
Lindstrom
Ritchie
Kleber

Reactions: hawksrule

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Shalunov played and couldn’t cut it in Rockford

Altybarmakyan came over and couldn’t cut it

Kayumov punched a ref and got suspended 30 games the limited scoring he would have provided isn’t worth it if he kadri’ed himself the moment he loses his temper

Nalimov wasn’t good enough even in the KHL to consistently start in net

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
what makes Demidov comparable to Kucherov? genuine question for those that would know...I remember seeing Demidov mocked top 2 for his class going back to before the Bedard draft year so I'm not doubting that was always within his range of outcomes

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Just got back from Dead and Company at Sphere in Vegas, so I have had the draft at the same venue on my mind.

I don't want to over-simplify things, but when you finish 30th and 31st in league-wide standings in consecutive seasons, you clearly have a lot of flaws. That's why I wouldn't get fixated on Demidov being a forward, or that Levshunov patrols the blueline.

At the end of the day, you have a superstar-caliber forward in Bedard who needs to be surrounded by dynamic talent. When you have as many holes as the Blackhawks currently do (although a deep system), I truly think you take the best player available/most dynamic/highest ceiling. To me, that is Demidov. Giving Bedard - a blossoming player in his own right - a potential superstar linemate to play with for the foreseeable future is incredibly appealing. According to my eye test (and maybe my eyes need to be checked), it seems like it's been easier to get top-4 D through free agency versus guys that are indisputable top-six playmaking forwards that can help drive a line.

When we look at free agency (which I never want to use as a crutch), it's going to be a lot harder to sign someone like Demidov than it is Levshunov. Elite talents rarely hit UFA status these days. Both are incredibly intriguing prospects, and I wish we could take them both. However, when you have the second pick and got a major break in the rebuild having the opportunity to take Bedsy, you have to swing for the fences here, despite whatever perceived risk there is taking someone from Russia.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
We will find out BobMckenzie's Final Rankings at 11am Eastern time this morning...He uses a polilng of 10 scouts who work forc different NHL teams .. so this provides maybe the closest guess on on how the actual draft will go within a couple of spots relative to where players get taken...usually.

I will check his list then discuss.

For a completely off consensus more idiosyncratic view check out Scouhing Report t on You Tube.. where Will Scouch and Sam Mc Gilligan each put forth their top 42 final rankings lists.

They both put down all of the allegedly top dmen candidates except for Buim who is #5 and#7 on the respective lists..Dickinson is next at#10..abd#14 ...Levshunov at #16 and later in the 20s ... Silayev also out of top ten on both lists...Yakemchuk la #35 on Scouch's list..they both see too many issues defenfesiveky and do nit think some of his moves one ozone that work in Jr. Will translate to tge NHL..Both not as high asvotgers on him.
Scouch had Solberg only at #28...way too low in my opinion from what I saw with my own eyes at Workd Jrs and WHC ..
In contrast they kove Brandsegg-Nygaard and both ranked Teddy Stiga at #6 !
Now that really off consensus!

They both like Badinka a lot.. Scouch had hom I think it wss #16?

And they both love Adam Jiricek wY higher than most consensus.

They both ranked Sennecke much lower than many lists..

And they both loved Chernyshev much than most lists..they think Chernyshev and Brandsehg Nygardx have top sox forward potential abd certain high floors.. .good
2 way forwards ...myself I am doubting tge offensive upside.. Maybe just good 2 way 3rd liners in my view.

BTW....they both had a closer consensus on 3 players ...Celebrini #1,Demidov#2 and Lindstrom at #4 on each of their lists..

Anyway a way off rankings for a kit of players compared to other lists..

A lot of lists only see Badinka as 2nd rounder but they think he has upside to be a #3-4 reliable dman ..
I can see the Hawks interested in hom at#34 but not as high as #18 .

Last edited:

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Powers on twitter today saying don't be surprised if its Levshunov still even with Demidov talk heating up...hopefully its a case of KD vs Donaghey and KD gets final say (assuming he's team Demidov like rumored)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad