Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
He never had any sources on their draft targets before though. It was a different staff and maybe he's gained some. But not like he called Dach or Boqvist ever. I thought it was the day of the draft some other writers were saying they heard Dach was a target.

The draft day trades made it probably harder so I wouldn't of expected it, but I didn't see any Korch/Nazar calls.
He's a beat reporter not an insider. He can know things and not say them because that'll hamper his access.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
Why would it be "because he's russian?" Why would you think that's why
to play devil's advocate, there is a very real chance that the international situation gets much worse in the next year. to stop playing devil's advocate, if it comes to that we probably won't be worrying about hockey too much come time for next off-season.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
to play devil's advocate, there is a very real chance that the international situation gets much worse in the next year. to stop playing devil's advocate, if it comes to that we probably won't be worrying about hockey too much come time for next off-season.
Are you saying that we shouldn't take Demidov because my house is going to be blown up by Russians and I won't care that we took Levshunov because I'll be worrying about my own rebuild?

• Haha
Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
Are you saying that we shouldn't take Demidov because my house is going to be blown up by Russians and I won't care that we took Levshunov because I'll be rebuilding?
like i said, i was playing devil's advocate. i prefer demidov, and i generally think the "russian factor" has been overblown to this point.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Ukraine is landing body blows with thirty year old US tech. If this proxy war goes full scale war Russia is toast. If it goes nuclear agreed the earth is at 110 degrees and nobody is skating on ice.

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
If this proxy war goes full scale war Russia is toast. If it goes nuclear agreed the earth is at 110 degrees and nobody is skating on ice.
if your first condition is satisfied, then the second is almost a guarantee in my estimation. as i like to say, time will tell. still would rather they draft demidov. my only point is i can see how an american corporate entity would price in that extra risk, doesn't mean i think it's reasonable or a good decision.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
if your first condition is satisfied, then the second is almost a guarantee in my estimation. as i like to say, time will tell. still would rather they draft demidov. my only point is i can see how an american corporate entity would price in that extra risk, doesn't mean i think it's reasonable or a good decision.
Agreed. I'm not expecting this war to escalate. Draft Demidov.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
— Apropos of nothing, one name in our Top 32 that seems to be generating a lot of final week buzz: Guelph Storm centre Jett Luchanko. He’s No. 19, but several scouts told us they feel he’s picking up momentum as we head towards Friday’s draft. Someone to keep an eye on.

Jett Luchanko is the player that Scott brought up in discussions around the 18th pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad