Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
— Apropos of nothing, one name in our Top 32 that seems to be generating a lot of final week buzz: Guelph Storm centre Jett Luchanko. He’s No. 19, but several scouts told us they feel he’s picking up momentum as we head towards Friday’s draft. Someone to keep an eye on.

Jett Luchanko is the player that Scott brought up in discussions around the 18th pick.
I think the Red Wings will draft one of Luchanko/Helenius/Solberg/MBN. Seems like all 4 guys fit that mold.

Reactions: TLEH

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
“His hockey sense and skills are better than any forward [in the draft] with the exception of [Celebrini and Demidov],” said a scout.

Okay... so the only reason you're ranking Catton at 10-18 scouts is .. because of the size? So we still haven't learned from Benson, DeBrincat, Point for example.. All undersized players who are extremely talented and underdrafted. Also 5'11 174 at 18 isn't even that undersized.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
— Apropos of nothing, one name in our Top 32 that seems to be generating a lot of final week buzz: Guelph Storm centre Jett Luchanko. He’s No. 19, but several scouts told us they feel he’s picking up momentum as we head towards Friday’s draft. Someone to keep an eye on.

Jett Luchanko is the player that Scott brought up in discussions around the 18th pick.
He’d fit the hawks drafting profile

Reactions: TLEH

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

I've been really high on Luchanko for awhile. He's a better slightly slower version of Moore. At eighteen he's a great pick.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Powers keeps saying it's Levshunov...

Meanwhile, Doneghey has been made unavailable to the media...

Now why is that?
50RpHS.jpg

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I think a lot of Powers' analysis is informed by Pronman and Pronman adores Levshunov. Maybe that's just my cope but I'm sticking to it.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I mean Levshunov would be fine. He is more likely to be Ekblad than Doughty but that’s still a solid player.

At this stage in the rebuild, I’m still hoping the players we draft this high are of the “core piece who will be a Blackhawk for life” variety like the old core

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
To give some context on the 2019 draft prediction:

3. Chicago Blackhawks

Alex Turcotte, C, USNTDP-USHL

I was torn between Turcotte and Bowen Byram. Honestly, Byram is probably what the Blackhawks need right now. He could be in their season-opening lineup. But because the Blackhawks have drafted five defensemen in the first two rounds over the past three years and appear set as of now to return at least Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook, Connor Murphy, Erik Gustafsson and Slater Koekkoek from this past season’s defense, they probably don’t have a spot for Byram. Turcotte likely requires some patience and will probably spend a year in college – he’s committed to Wisconsin – but he seems to have the greatest upside among the forwards after Hughes and Kakko. As one source quite familiar with Turcotte recently said, “He just does a little of everything. His compete factor is what sets him apart. I think he wants it.” Someone else recently used Jonathan Toews at the same age as a comparable. The source completely agreed. He said, “That’s a good comparison. He’s focused and works.” A Toews-like player to one day replace Toews? The Blackhawks could certainly use that. – Scott Powers

Pronman: Turcotte would be my pick here, as well. Between a projected No. 1 center or a No. 1 defenseman, I would always take the center in terms of value to a team and less projection risk.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
To give some context on the 2019 draft prediction:

3. Chicago Blackhawks

Alex Turcotte, C, USNTDP-USHL

I was torn between Turcotte and Bowen Byram. Honestly, Byram is probably what the Blackhawks need right now. He could be in their season-opening lineup. But because the Blackhawks have drafted five defensemen in the first two rounds over the past three years and appear set as of now to return at least Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook, Connor Murphy, Erik Gustafsson and Slater Koekkoek from this past season’s defense, they probably don’t have a spot for Byram. Turcotte likely requires some patience and will probably spend a year in college – he’s committed to Wisconsin – but he seems to have the greatest upside among the forwards after Hughes and Kakko. As one source quite familiar with Turcotte recently said, “He just does a little of everything. His compete factor is what sets him apart. I think he wants it.” Someone else recently used Jonathan Toews at the same age as a comparable. The source completely agreed. He said, “That’s a good comparison. He’s focused and works.” A Toews-like player to one day replace Toews? The Blackhawks could certainly use that. – Scott Powers

Pronman: Turcotte would be my pick here, as well. Between a projected No. 1 center or a No. 1 defenseman, I would always take the center in terms of value to a team and less projection risk.
Because of all the turcotte talk and lose a lot for turcotte memes, I watched him a lot. But I fell out of love with him from that because he seriously had to goals off of a shot. All his goals were dekes or rebounds. He seemed to have nothing from a slot shot even. I got concerned he wasn't a guy who could score enough. I wound up having no-one I loved that draft.

I was never a Byram guy like 75% here were. I just felt he didn't have a real #1 potential. Oddly I think like 3-4 Dmen this draft do have more #1 potential than he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad