Who should the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall in the 2024 NHL Entry Draft?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Chicago Blackhawks select 2nd overall?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
whats the over/under they try to get Levshunov to leave MSU so they can stick him right into the lineup if he's the pick...They seem set on trying to add immediate talent at all cost

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
Powers knows its Levshunov. HMM
1719325542292.gif

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
He doesn't need to be playing NHL minutes next year. If he is I'll have serious question marks.
yeah and there should be serious question marks that the timeline on the rebuild has seemingly gone from there is no timeline to 'we need to speed this up' in one season

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
What are you talking about with this? Based on what?
potentially trading future/current draft capital to add wingers to a team that is so far away from winning instead of just signing Kane to play with Bedard for free...they're not making sound hockey decisions if they 'want to speed it up'...for what exactly, to mess up their 25 draft position? their pool was ranked 19th outside of Bedard, they're so far off still

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I just don't see results in the draft that should allow me to have blind faith in people running the show. Its a wait and see, as always.

(Its also extremely early in this rebuild)

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Powers on twitter today saying don't be surprised if its Levshunov still even with Demidov talk heating up...hopefully its a case of KD vs Donaghey and KD gets final say (assuming he's team Demidov like rumored)

No. Please no.

This post of a game analyses in the prospect forum summarizes my thoughts when I watch Lev play:

Why the hell would you pick someone at 2 when they have such an uphill battle in their decision making with the puck? Then people respond with "but size, physical, tools," yet the guy doesn't have anything near elite in those categories either. Not THAT big, not that physical, his biggest asset is he has a long stride that can get him around the ice well. Just not a guy you take at the very top of a draft.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
potentially trading future/current draft capital to add wingers to a team that is so far away from winning instead of just signing Kane to play with Bedard for free...they're not making sound hockey decisions if they 'want to speed it up'...for what exactly, to mess up their 25 draft position? their pool was ranked 19th outside of Bedard, they're so far off still
But they haven't actually done any of this...

I don't put any stock into these weak rumors of Gunetzel, Necas, etc. Interest at all. To me that's a big stretch to think anything like that is happening.

I think the people who think Davidson is adding some legitimate top 6 talent are out to lunch. They'll add pieces, but not likely any big talent is going to want to join this team

statswatcher

Jul 27, 2022
if they take lev i won't be overly upset, but knocking 18 out of the park becomes that much more important.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
The Lev stuff smells like a smoke screen to scare Anaheim into paying something to flip picks. The Hawks have ZERO reason to tip their hand one way or the other.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Scott likely is more educated guessing than he has inside knowledge from someone who they are picking. I think the narrow down to Demidov and Levshunov definitely has validity, but he's likely just saying RD vs Winger, NA vs Russia. Seen a lot vs not seen that much. Its likely true they lean Levshunov, but I doubt KD or scouts are talking to him.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Powers isn't the best but he's connected.
He never had any sources on their draft targets before though. It was a different staff and maybe he's gained some. But not like he called Dach or Boqvist ever. I thought it was the day of the draft some other writers were saying they heard Dach was a target.

The draft day trades made it probably harder so I wouldn't of expected it, but I didn't see any Korch/Nazar calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad