Does Marner lose his 'A' with the leadership changes?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Does he?

• Yes

Votes: 55 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 64 53.8%

• Total voters

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
The bigger concern is will Nylander keep his hair braided like he has currently in Sweden and roll around like Riff Raff or go back to the Game of Thrones golden mane of Valyria?

He can do whatever he wants with his look as long as he keeps producing like he did in Games 6 and 7 this year. I realize you’re just joking around though

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
He can do whatever he wants with his look as long as he keeps producing like he did in Games 6 and 7 this year. I realize you’re just joking around though

He took his foot off the gas the moment he signed his contract and I'm expecting more of the same Nylander this year as all the previous years. Sometimes great, sometimes not even present.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
So since Real Sports are now selling Marner, JT and Reilly A jerseys can we close this thread and contain our childish hatred to one boorish thread?

And wasn't it obvious when Reilly and Marner were present? Hello.
Boring.
I'm not sure you want to take any off nights playing for Berube.
Good. Let's find out if the Leafs are REALLY serious about winning.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
So since Real Sports are now selling Marner, JT and Reilly A jerseys can we close this thread and contain our childish hatred to one boorish thread?

And wasn't it obvious when Reilly and Marner were present? Hello.
Many still believe he is being traded before the season starts, loosing an A seems like a sane thought in comparison.

Reactions: DarkKnight

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Many still believe he is being traded before the season starts, loosing an A seems like a sane thought in comparison.
Who is still “believing” he’s traded before the season?

I know many, including myself, wanted him traded by the draft and then at the start of UFA. With those 2 deadlines behind us, where are you still seeing “many still believe” he’s being traded before the season starts?

Everything I’ve seen indicates those of us wanting him gone have resigned ourselves to it not happening and playing out the season.

Never had an issue with you as a poster but your complete lack of objectivity when it comes to anything relating to Marner is a bit much and quite contradictory to someone who says he “keeps it real”.

Your opinion, but I don’t see “many people” saying Marner is going to be traded before the season.

Sounds more like an additional put down on folks who don’t like Marner for specific and stated reasons that don’t jive with your opinions of him.

Side question: Jack Lambert is your team captain. Is he picking a guy like Marner over McCabe or Tanev as an A on the team?

Last edited:
Reactions: Racer88

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

I know many, including myself, wanted him traded by the draft and then at the start of UFA. With those 2 deadlines behind us, where are you still seeing “many still believe” he’s being traded before the season starts?

Everything I’ve seen indicates those of us wanting him gone have resigned ourselves to it not happening and playing out the season.

Never had an issue with you as a poster but your complete lack of objectivity when it comes to anything relating to Marner is a bit much and quite contradictory to someone who says he “keeps it real”.

Your opinion, but I don’t see “many people” saying Marner is going to be traded before the season.

Sounds more like an additional put down on folks who don’t like Marner for specific and stated reasons that don’t jive with your opinions of him.
By many I'm sure he means one solitary off-hand comment he read in a thread last week that literally nobody else remembers.

Living in such a perpetual state of victim hood must be exhausting.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Haven't seen the summer lid!

Screenshot_2024-08-16-19-50-37~2.png

I wonder if they show up to camp like that?

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002

Side question: Jack Lambert is your team captain. Is he picking a guy like Marner over McCabe or Tanev as an A on the team?
Couple hundred did here.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Reactions: BrannigansLaw

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Your own thread, with voting closed May 13th, well before the Draft and open of UFA.

Try a new poll now asking if Marner is traded before the start of the season and let’s see where the chips fall on that one.

Does Lambert pick a guy like Marner as an A over guys like McCabe and Tanev? :)
I don’t own that thread, I started it but it’s not mine. It would be silly to ask the same question again. It’s still the off season, they could still be right. Most seem pretty confident they are.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Foot seems to be on the pedal when the lights are the brightest.

I don’t care if he decided to float after Game 39 or whatever.

That is the popular (but false) narrative around here but it’s likely going to change this year.

Can’t be that carefree slacker kind of player at $11.5 in TO without catching heat.

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020

All of the above is 100% true

Reactions: LeafSteel

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
Show me where anyone has said he’s going to be traded in the last month or so. Because I haven’t read any posts of anybody saying that. I think when that picture of Marner and Berube at Timmy’s went public, everyone started thinking he was going to be back.

Reactions: Racer88

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Considering that the thread has been closed for almost a month, I'm not sure it answers the question "Who is still “believing” he’s traded before the season?" Also, from reading the posts, it's pretty obvious that a lot of the people who said he would be traded were actually hoping he would be traded rather than expecting it.
Nice gaslight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad