Confirmed with Link: [EDM] Oilers extend Leon Draisaitl (8 Years, $14M AAV, NMC)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
These guys actually got me extra pumped on the Oilers. Like yeah we’ve got a bunch of players over 30 but they’re only on the books for 1-2 years and we’ll just get new players in a couple years, really not a concern.

Their point about Drai being stupid for taking 8 years instead of a 3 year deal is brain dead. If he signed elsewhere he’d have to make 16 minimum to match what the Oilers gave him. So even if the cap goes up in a few years he’d have to make more than 16 mil and he’d be in his 30’s, and there’s the risk that he could decline.

Drai is just meant to be an Oiler, Oilers took care of Drai and he committed. Mcdavid is next and I’ll enjoy watching the barn burners cry again.

Lol to be honest as the video went on I started to feel like they're straight up rooting for us. 😂

But I agree, as an Oilers fan, those guys looked at this thing with as negative a lense as you possibly could and it's still pretty much sunshine and rainbows. It's nice grounding material, that's for sure; because I know what they feel looking at their own team, being at the start of what might well be their own decade of darkness.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
As much as I'm apprehensive about the dollars.... It feels great to be able to keep these guys.

Don't forget the dark days when this stuff was off the table..
If only we could have kept my man Dougie.

1026doug-weight-oilers-scaled-e1698249074401.jpg

We have it good, boys.
WEIGHT!!!! Favorite non-Canadian player

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Walt White received a 15 mill a year open ended contract offer.

I wonder how that compares to Leon’s aav when you factors Leon’s Taxes vs Walt losing on a good % when Laundering

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018

I wonder how that compares to Leon’s aav when you factors Leon’s Taxes vs Walt losing on a good % when Laundering
Leon's contract entails much less danger. Unless you consider rabid fans from HF Oil that will be out with the pitchforks after his first "lazy" game...

• Haha
Reactions: Oilslick941611

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I don't think that many of them truly thought that they would leave, it was more a projection of what they really, really, really hoped would happen.

It is pretty sweet in the context of anybody of any ability bailing on Calgary at the first opportunity combined with the Leaf players that seem much more interested in maximizing earnings than winning anything.
I won't lie, I had thoughts of Drai leaving and moving to SoCal. Shows what I know, but I look at Drai and I thought for sure he was heading to LA. IM extremely happy he didn't.

Leon's contract entails much less danger. Unless you consider rabid fans from HF Oil that will be out with the pitchforks after his first "lazy" game...
im super okay with Drai being lazy if he turns it up in the Playoffs and doesn't get injured.

Reactions: Duke74

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
I won't lie, I had thoughts of Drai leaving and moving to SoCal. Shows what I know, but I look at Drai and I thought for sure he was heading to LA. IM extremely happy he didn't.

im super okay with Drai being lazy if he turns it up in the Playoffs and doesn't get injured.
An injury-free playoffs would be a blessing considering the last three years.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

Who da fuk is Walt White?

even googled. All I got was breaking bad...

We'll have to remind the plebs that Drai is still being paid 8.5M. ;)

This will be bound to be reply more than a few times..heh

Reactions: Duke74

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I was considering the scary fans, but the playoffs are dangerous for Leon because opposing teams are allowed to target him outside of play with two handed slashes..

Who da fuk is Walt White?

even googled. All I got was breaking bad...

We'll have to remind the plebs that Drai is still being paid 8.5M. ;)

This will be bound to be reply more than a few times..heh
It was breaking bad. I am sorry :(
I got to the episode where he gets offered 15 mill a year to make his special recipe for a chicken man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad