Confirmed with Link: [EDM] Oilers extend Leon Draisaitl (8 Years, $14M AAV, NMC)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Defsta

Dec 1, 2004
Holy the mains and cp are full of revisionist crazy time cope. Prior to the signing the city of Edmonton sucks, nobody wants to play there, the stars will bolt, multiple teams are making massive cap space room for him to land, etc etc. Now he’s an aged out superstar, taking the bag, in massive decline and destroying the oilers future.

I guess I knew it would be this way but wow.

We all knew, but that bitterness is so sweet. People can't get past that players actually want to be here. McDrai duo will be fun to watch in tears to come and those guys can't do anything about it.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Holy the mains and cp are full of revisionist crazy time cope. Prior to the signing the city of Edmonton sucks, nobody wants to play there, the stars will bolt, multiple teams are making massive cap space room for him to land, etc etc. Now he’s an aged out superstar, taking the bag, in massive decline and destroying the oilers future.

Reading the mains is like reading the comments on X. Best just to avoid it altogether.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I love it. He signed below market rate for 8 years. Can continue to build around that for years. Was it more then I would have liked yes but he is here for 8 years after this season.

Reactions: capazzo and stewy04

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Just reading the sleeze that the Canuck fanbase is up to I'd really like to see the Oilers pick up a player that is willing to cross-check some throats then laugh about it. When you go that far left that's what happens without exception. Brainwashed with ville progressiveness out the ass and end up with a disgusting society.

Reactions: Duke74

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021

Wait until McDavid signs here in a year's time.

The tears flowing out of Toronto will be enough to raise global sea levels by 10 feet.

Reactions: stewy04 and Duke74

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Just reading the sleeze that the Canuck fanbase is up to I'd really like to see the Oilers pick up a player that is willing to cross-check some throats then laugh about it. When you go that far left that's what happens without exception. Brainwashed with ville progressiveness out the ass and end up with a disgusting society.

Their obsession with that cross check on McDavid as some sort of flex kind of underscores how incredibly immature they are. You have to be about 6 to think that is any sort of own.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Not only that fast guys generally age better. Remember how good Teemu Selanne still was in his 40’s? He was still putting up PPG seasons. Even lesser players like former Oiler Jason Chimera or a guy like Matt Cullen. Guys with good wheels age even better because they can lose a step and still be faster than most people. McDavid can lose a couple steps and still be fast. He’s going to age very, very well.
Also guys like Leon who slow the game down like big Joe did usually are able to keep going longer as well. Not concerned about either guy slowing down anytime soon to be honest.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I mean HFOil isn't exactly better, but at the end of the day people would've bitched no matter what kind contract Leon would've signed.

HFOil is tolerable with judicious use of the ignore button and knowing when to disengage which admittedly I can have a problem sometimes lol. But then I wouldn’t get 5 Mins 4 Ftg from the mods.

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com

Success breeds jealousy

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton
Their obsession with that cross check on McDavid as some sort of flex kind of underscores how incredibly immature they are. You have to be about 6 to think that is any sort of own.

There's no fanbase more ignorant, petty, cocky and vindictive than the Canucks fanbase.

Half of them have been fans since the start and that has made them bitter.

The other half are 1st or 2nd generation Canadians that feel the need to prove just how "hardcore" they are, and then overcompensate for not having a strong hockey heritage.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
no reason Draisaitl can't be good into his mid-thirties either
Joe Thornton wasn't a burner and he managed 82 points at age 36
and i really think Thornton is a good comparable to Leon. Draisaitls's goal scoring will slow down with age but his vision and passing ability will allow him to continue to put up points much like Thorntons.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

Confirmation bias is one of the new religions. When reading basically every one of these takes with that in mind it makes it easier. Avoiding the mains entirely all the time is even better.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
There's no fanbase more ignorant, petty, cocky and vindictive than the Canucks fanbase.

The other half are 1st or 2nd generation Canadians that feel the need to prove just how "hardcore" they are, and then overcompensate for not having a strong hockey heritage.
Its amazing how much a place can change in 50yrs. In 1974 Vancouver and lower mainland would be the abode of Longshoreman, Lumberjacks, Salty sailors, miners, fisherman, dock workers, rail workers, and with 80% of people earning living on just old fashioned hard work. Vancouver was a working class city back then built on brawn. Have to say it was a much more likable place back then before gentrification. Most of those people are flushed out now economically from the area. Maybe a sobering parable when big city dreams comes knocking maybe don't answer that door..

Reactions: rboomercat90 and AM

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

The Canucks have the worst fan base, and its not close either. I don't claim to know why that is, but there is no questioning that its the truth. Toronto fans are bad, but are at least fairly knowledgeable about hockey. Toronto fans just suffer from the idea that everybody wants to play there. Calgary fans are actually perfectly fine and know their hockey really well, same for Winnipeg and Montreal fans. Haven't had many interactions with Ottawa fans, so don't have an opinion on them. But.... HOLY SHIT, are Vancouver fans terrible. They are cocky, which is hilarious given the history of the team. They have almost no hockey knowledge it seems, an almost unbelievable lack of knowledge for a Canadian market. They have the same depth of understanding of the game that Tampa Bay fans seem to have, and that's not a compliment. They talk shit, and are super aggressive, which is beyond hilarious given the two prior points.

By far the worst fan base in the league, BY FAR.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Sounds like no official captains skate’s this year.

Last years were an unmitigated disaster. McDavid, McLoed and the Viking all were injured during them. The start to the season was unimaginably bad. Good article, I like McDavids approach this year. Of course mid June I’m out of the country so this is the year we will win the cup.

The Canucks have the worst fan base, and its not close either. I don't claim to know why that is, but there is no questioning that its the truth. Toronto fans are bad, but are at least fairly knowledgeable about hockey. Toronto fans just suffer from the idea that everybody wants to play there. Calgary fans are actually perfectly fine and know their hockey really well, same for Winnipeg and Montreal fans. Haven't had many interactions with Ottawa fans, so don't have an opinion on them. But.... HOLY SHIT, are Vancouver fans terrible. They are cocky, which is hilarious given the history of the team. They have almost no hockey knowledge it seems, an almost unbelievable lack of knowledge for a Canadian market. They have the same depth of understanding of the game that Tampa Bay fans seem to have, and that's not a compliment. They talk shit, and are super aggressive, which is beyond hilarious given the two prior points.

That’s just Vancouverites in general. It’s the capital of Prickville.

Reactions: bellagiobob

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton

The worst was when they kept crying preferential treatment during the series. How quick they forgot how far up the refs asses they were during the Sedin years

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The worst was when they kept crying preferential treatment during the series. How quick they forgot how far up the refs asses they were during the Sedin years

lol, indeed. The only reason they got to experience a finals since 1994 is because of diving and crying from their players and management. Until they ran into a team with Colin Campbell's son. Suddenly the league and refs were no longer responsive to any of it :) Oh well!

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Of all the ridiculous things they do, and it is a very, very long list, the worst might be how they default to lines of attack that have nothing to do with hockey as a starting point. How shitty every other city is relative to Vancouver is where they go every single time. I think that they think it's a burn that nobody can clap back on, but they don't seem to grasp that there actually aren't a hell of a lot of people that would even want to live there at the moment that live outside of BC. I know people from there that live in rural Alberta communities (aka worse than Edmonton) that say they wouldn't move back there even if someone put a gun to their head. Who wouldn't want to spank $1M on a three bedroom bungalow for the pleasure of living in Surrey?

They really, truly think it's a flex, but it just makes them look dumber than they already do. Been that way for a long time too, still remember those fools boasting about how Vancouver was "the most livable city in the world" 15 years ago as if literally anyone gives a f***.

Reactions: MessierII

JeffSkinner53

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Of all the ridiculous things they do, and it is a very, very long list, the worst might be how they default to lines of attack that have nothing to do with hockey as a starting point. How shitty every other city is relative to Vancouver is where they go every single time. I think that they think it's a burn that nobody can clap back on, but they don't seem to grasp that there actually aren't a hell of a lot of people that would even want to live there at the moment that live outside of BC. I know people from there that live in rural Alberta communities (aka worse than Edmonton) that say they wouldn't move back there even if someone put a gun to their head. Who wouldn't want to spank $1M on a three bedroom bungalow for the pleasure of living in Surrey?

They really, truly think it's a flex, but it just makes them look dumber than they already do. Been that way for a long time too, still remember those fools boasting about how Vancouver was "the most livable city in the world" 15 years ago as if literally anyone gives a f***.
Vancouver's not that great to be honest. It's pretty overrated and way too expensive. You can go the beach and the mountains but who actually has time when youre trying to survive. I also find people in Edmonton a lot nicer in general.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Vancouver's not that great to be honest. It's pretty overrated and way too expensive. You can go the beach and the mountains but who actually has time when youre trying to survive. I also find people in Edmonton a lot nicer in general.
I go to Vancouver probably 3-4 times a year since I have friends that live like 2 minutes from kits beach, I don’t think I could live there though , the grey rainy skies are depressing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad