Does Marner lose his 'A' with the leadership changes?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Does he?

• Yes

Votes: 55 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 64 53.8%

• Total voters

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
The discussion you entered was about secondary assists.

I have no clue why you started talking about goals.
Goals are glory

Not sure what pattern you're talking about, but not wanting to make the team worse and less likely to win a cup isn't a fear of change. It's just wanting what's best for my team. If there's any fear-based positions here, it would be advocating for destructive panic moves for the sake of "change".
There is so much evidence even the last 6 years to show that keeping this core together is unlikely win a cup.

Reactions: LeafSteel

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I'm sure the Isles thought the same thing when they lost Tavarshit for nothing and ended up winning more rounds in one year than we have in his entire time here.

But you go ahead and keep being scared of change.

They haven’t done fck all since Trotz has left so, what does it really matter? Them winning had little do with Tavares and more to do with getting Lehner and graduating Dobson and Barzal. If they had Tavares’ scoring they probably make the cup finals that year

Reactions: Confucius

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
Maybe they already had the "mature conversation" and Marner won't accept reality. I don't know. All I know is the situation all of next season will be toxic to the team until it's dealt with.

Maybe or maybe not. I don't know how the room will respond to the drama around Marner. Neither does anyone frankly but I imagine it won't affect anything unless trade talk really heats up. Until then I think it's more of a fan thing to worry about.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Maybe they already had the "mature conversation" and Marner won't accept reality. I don't know. All I know is the situation all of next season will be toxic to the team until it's dealt with.
Why would it be toxic? How is it any different than the situation with Nylander last season? The team will make them all assistant captains. It's irrelevant.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Maybe this is where Marner's aversion to body contact originated. Emotional damage.

Screenshot_2024-08-15-21-07-09~2.png

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
The topic was not primary assists. Primary assists were in fact never once mentioned until you just now.
As I showed you, the topic was secondary assists, spawned from this comment:

I also never said that "Marner had more primary points than Nylander" (even though he does). I said that Marner had a higher primary point percentage (the percentage of a player's total points that are primary). My response outlined that the secondary assist claim was wrong:

The overwhelming majority of his points were not secondary assists. The majority of his points were primary points (goals + primary assists).
To emphasize the point, I noted that Marner wasn't even the core 4 member that had the lowest primary point percentage. That was Nylander.

I have no clue what you're talking about, or why, but you seem more interested in misrepresenting me and my posts anyway.
The overwhelming majority of his playoff points have been primary points. He actually has a higher primary point percentage than Nylander.
Please tell us again how you never mentioned 'primary points'. :laugh:

This it you post that I initially responded to.

You have no clue what you are talking about, which is normal.

What I pointed out, and which you refuse to address, was that over the last 5 years Nylander has more primary points. Since you keep moving the goalposts, I will also point out that over the last 5 years Nylander has a higher primary points percentage than Marner.

Last edited:
Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Please tell us again how you never mentioned 'primary points'.
Of course I mentioned primary points, and never said otherwise. What I didn't mention was "primary assists", which is what you falsely claimed, and deflected the conversation to. Do you not understand that "primary points" and "primary assists" are different things?

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
How about we add a 3- A team that will agree to his outrageous salary demands.
I don't think the Leafs are concerned about that, and Marner's concern I figured would be included in 2.

Stop responding to trolls, and eventually, when they discover they have no "influence", they go away.
Mea culpa. Normally I just laugh at him.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Of course I mentioned primary points, and never said otherwise. What I didn't mention was "primary assists", which is what you falsely claimed, and deflected the conversation to. Do you not understand that "primary points" and "primary assists" are different things?
Yes, and Nylander has more of both than Marner over the last 5 years, but of course you'll do anything you can to avoid admitting that.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Yes, and Nylander has more of both than Marner over the last 5 years, but of course you'll do anything you can to avoid admitting that.
That's also not true. While Nylander does have 1 more primary point through that time period, he has 10 fewer primary assists.
I'm not sure what you'd like me to admit about that. Congrats on finding the one and only very specific timeline where he has 1 more primary point.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Back to the original question, it's actually an interesting question. My first instinct was an easy no, they'll keep rotating it, but not so sure with some more thought on it.

JT gets one, Reilly has long steadily held the other... and maybe that is just full stop right? Return to a traditional arrangement, none of the namby-pamby sharing an "A" silliness. I'm leaning.. 62% towards no A for Marner, with a ton of language about no slight on Mitch, still a leader, blah blah blah..

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
I honestly don't understand these people that are so afraid of change. They would rather be: "We can't trade X player because we might end up losing ....so we will just continue to lose instead to prevent us from possibly losing in the future by making a trade"...what kind of mental pretzel do you have to get yourself into to think like that?
I don't think it's fear of change as much as fear of the results. If their favorite player who they keep claiming is critical to team success is traded and the team gets better, where are they?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
That just isn't the way professional sports teams send messages. It's unprofessional and bad asset management. If there are examples of it then they are just examples of how not to run an organization.
If he is to be dealt it will be through mature conversation between Marner, his agent and management. Not tough guy insult and value diminishing treatment. Since of course that would just lead to him walking for nothing out spite if nothing else.
Some believe he would be an addition by subtraction candidate but I doubt any would argue it's better to have him walk than be traded. So the goal should be either extend or trade and all treatment should lead towards one of those. Even if he walks he should be treated like an asset that could be traded or extended.

Yes, all the players (for the most part - some scumbags maybe not) are assets.

Running a business you don't throw assets away, just hopefully liabilities.

Use the asset to the best of the organizations ability.

Nothing personal, it's just business and you should squeeze all the value you can.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Back to the original question, it's actually an interesting question. My first instinct was an easy no, they'll keep rotating it, but not so sure with some more thought on it.

JT gets one, Reilly has long steadily held the other... and maybe that is just full stop right? Return to a traditional arrangement, none of the namby-pamby sharing an "A" silliness. I'm leaning.. 62% towards no A for Marner, with a ton of language about no slight on Mitch, still a leader, blah blah blah..
Poll results here are usually incorrect, most it seems don’t have a very good read in the team

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
That's also not true. While Nylander does have 1 more primary point through that time period, he has 10 fewer primary assists.
I'm not sure what you'd like me to admit about that. Congrats on finding the one and only very specific timeline where he has 1 more primary point.
Moving the posts again? I said primary points and primary point percentage. :laugh:

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
I said primary points and primary point percentage.
You quoted and bolded:
Do you not understand that "primary points" and "primary assists" are different things?
And then responded with:
"Yes, and Nylander has more of both than Marner over the last 5 years"
If the "both" referred to something other than the two things you were responding to and highlighting, you should have said so.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
You quoted and bolded:

And then responded with:

If the "both" referred to something other than the two things you were responding to and highlighting, you should have said so.
Ok dekes - you've reached you limit of 20 post moves and fact ignoring for the day. :laugh:

Go ahead and pretend you won an argument, as you always do. We know it's just that you keep on making no sense until the other person gives up in disgust.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Poll results here are usually incorrect, most it seems don’t have a very good read in the team
it's tough to read a team that has been as consistently as pathetic as the Leafs.

that type of reading takes skill.

skill to recognize and predict the lowest common denominator.

i wouldn't call having a "very good read in to team" as a positive trait. Not this group.

Reactions: HolyCrap

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
The Tampa series last year and game 6 and 7 against the Bruins this year.

Ok dekes - you've reached you limit of 20 post moves and fact ignoring for the day. :laugh:

Go ahead and pretend you won an argument, as you always do. We know it's just that you keep on making no sense until the other person gives up in disgust.
I put him on my ignore list years ago. Arguably one of the smartest decisions I made on here.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
So since Real Sports are now selling Marner, JT and Reilly A jerseys can we close this thread and contain our childish hatred to one boorish thread?

And wasn't it obvious when Reilly and Marner were present? Hello.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Ajoie @ Fribourg Gotteron
    Ajoie @ Fribourg Gotteron
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $105.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Zurich Lions @ Biel
    Zurich Lions @ Biel
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $45.00