Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Cmon, this is a terrible trade. To take on another goalie without them giving an asset to do so is criminal. This is such a shit trade. Sweeney doesn’t have it in trades or assessing the pro player. He just doesn’t. There is nothing that says it was even a hockey trade. I don’t subscribe to the fleecing the next guy shit. This is just incompetence. Neely should be assessing his buddy after this shit. Get ready because he’s going to screw up FA too. I can just see it.

He'll replace Debrusk with Lindholm and this team will just get slower with less finish.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I just don't understand where Korpisalo fits in...If Bussi is waived he will definitely be claimed

The trade could actually be worse if you lose Bussi for nothing

So I guess the plan is to
a) Waive Korpi and hope he gets claimed
b) Waive Bussi and hope he doesn't get claimed (unlikely)
c) Buyout Korpi over 8 freaking years
d) Move Korpi out now (by possibly retaining) or taking on another equally bad contract?

I just don't understand why Sweeney would put himself into a position like this just for pick 25. I like Kastelic for what its worth but its a 4th liner

Maybe they look to move him to Colorado for Miles Wood?

There has to be another shoe to drop. If the intention is to play Korpi (option b) and waive Bussi, this deal could look even worse especially if Korpisalo doesn't rebound
Move WHO out for Wood? Korpi or Bussi? He's buying the balloons, and hot dogs for the "draft party" tonight at Market Basket!! We gonna have a party! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
And Kastellic out hits and plays a consistent physical game. I would have preferred Duhaime, Lomberg or Sherwood who hit and can fly but I really don't want another year of Lauko as the Bruins toughest 4th liner

I don't want Lauko here next year either.

Kastelic is a bum/fringe level player just like his old man. I don't care about his hits or his fights. Do you see any Kastelic's playing in the Stanley Cup final? No, because teams that employ players like that don't make the finals anymore.

Reactions: Ratty and Gordoff

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Were there no "Mark Kastelics" available in free agency?

Kastelic is exactly the type of player that has crippled this franchise for decades. Can't skate. No skill. A modern day Jeff Odgers and that's is being cruel to Jeff Odgers.

Sweeney really struggles when he's the one dealing the best player in the deal.
47 goals on one jr season.yes not NHL. I will Waite to see how he does this year.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Hope that first rounder can be used in a trade for Necas.

That late of a first is like that extra cherry on top to convince a gm who’s on the fence about a trade.

It’s not going to be the difference maker just by guessing what the meat of a trade from Boston could look like

Reactions: Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Hmmm- Bruins can retain 25% on Korpi as you can’t go past 50% total on retention. They can flip and retain 25% and 50% retained Korpi would be attractive to a number of teams that need goaltending. Hope that is the thinking and another deal is in the works.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
14 years????? Sweeney arrived in 2015...and he did a great job in the 2015 draft lollll he inherited a roster with a ton of depth and he completely demolished the team and its pipeline...good luck for the 14 coming years
Demolished the team? We are talking about the 2015 roster that missed the playoffs and had Jimmy Hayes and Ryan Spooner playing in the top six. That’s the depth you’re talking about?

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Well let’s goalie Bob sees something or maybe another move coming. And Sweeney needs to hit on this pick.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Unfortunily my sons kept texting me asking me to explain how this could be real lol

Even drinking a few rusty nails I had no answer lol
Cmon, this is a terrible trade. To take on another goalie without them giving an asset to do so is criminal. This is such a shit trade. Sweeney doesn’t have it in trades or assessing the pro player. He just doesn’t. There is nothing that says it was even a hockey trade. I don’t subscribe to the fleecing the next guy shit. This is just incompetence. Neely should be assessing his buddy after this shit. Get ready because he’s going to screw up FA too. I can just see it.
We only give away assets to rid back bad contracts, this deal sucks

Reactions: Gordoff

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hmmm- Bruins can retain 25% on Korpi as you can’t go past 50% total on retention. They can flip and retain 25% and 50% retained Korpi would be attractive to a number of teams that need goaltending. Hope that is the thinking and another deal is in the works.

Thats my only hope. Just as you have it laid out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad