Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
2 trades by Sweeney

Lindholm for 1st, 2nd, 2nd, Vaak and 1 year of $2.75m Moore's cap dump
vs
Ullmark for 1st, Kastelic and 4 years of $3m Korpisalo's cap dump

what do you see?

1st for 1st and Vaak for Kastelic are a wash.
Where are 2nd and 2nd picks?
Where is the compensation for an extra 3 years of $3m in wasted cap space?

This franchise is going nowhere with this moron of GM.

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Man poor Bussi went from the penthouse to the outhouse in 24 hours here. Trade Linus, you can't waive Bussi you'll lost him to nothing to replacing him with a guy nobody would trade for.

This trade proves something, that there are absolutely no unmoveable contracts.
I think it also proves what we have in the front office.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Risky move by Ullmark not signing longer term.

Now, if we hear in a few days he signs long term deal, well this is in the ballpark of Thornton fiasco.

Underwhelming and baffling really.
I hate this trade (like Kastellic) but the Thornton deal was a career killer for O'Connell, as it should have been. Sweeney, sadly, will survive this.

Reactions: BBruins and Gordoff

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Man poor Bussi went from the penthouse to the outhouse in 24 hours here. Trade Linus, you can't waive Bussi you'll lost him to nothing to replacing him with a guy nobody would trade for.

This trade proves something, that there are absolutely no unmoveable contracts.
And no such thing as an insider, what a bunch of horseshit

Reactions: Gordoff

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I just don't understand where Korpisalo fits in...If Bussi is waived he will definitely be claimed

The trade could actually be worse if you lose Bussi for nothing

So I guess the plan is to
a) Waive Korpi and hope he gets claimed
b) Waive Bussi and hope he doesn't get claimed (unlikely)
c) Buyout Korpi over 8 freaking years
d) Move Korpi out now (by possibly retaining) or taking on another equally bad contract?

I just don't understand why Sweeney would put himself into a position like this just for pick 25. I like Kastelic for what its worth but its a 4th liner

Maybe they look to move him to Colorado for Miles Wood?

There has to be another shoe to drop. If the intention is to play Korpi (option b) and waive Bussi, this deal could look even worse especially if Korpisalo doesn't rebound

KOZ37

May 17, 2010
How is this not awful? IT'S FREAKING 8 YEARS!
The years suck yes....the yearly amount is bearable. Not ideal but bearable. Regardless they should have gotten more for taking him on. Guess if he wasn't signing an extension it limited the return in a big way.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
You can take Sweeney out of 2015, but you can't take 2015 out of Sweeney.

Sorry, but this return is horrible. Feels a bit like DS wanted to do Ullmark a solid.
HE seems to do everyone a "solid" except Bruins fans . Leaving no bitter tastes in anyone's mouth incase he needs a job later? Every time I get sucked into believing that he's on the precipice of making an incredible deal/steal he gets fleeced.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Easy. 1 year left, no extension in place and Linus had to waive for Ottawa. Lack of a guarantee meant taking on Korpi.

Getting the 1st rounder back is huge
Cmon, this is a terrible trade. To take on another goalie without them giving an asset to do so is criminal. This is such a shit trade. Sweeney doesn’t have it in trades or assessing the pro player. He just doesn’t. There is nothing that says it was even a hockey trade. I don’t subscribe to the fleecing the next guy shit. This is just incompetence. Neely should be assessing his buddy after this shit. Get ready because he’s going to screw up FA too. I can just see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad