Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread - Linus traded to Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I get the fact the buyout isn't awful.....what I don't get is how they did not at least get an additional pick or prospect for having to do so?
Easy. 1 year left, no extension in place and Linus had to waive for Ottawa. Lack of a guarantee meant taking on Korpi.

Getting the 1st rounder back is huge

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I get the fact the buyout isn't awful.....what I don't get is how they did not at least get an additional pick or prospect for having to do so?

Exactly my thought. I don’t understand how there’s not another piece or two coming our way

Reactions: veganbruin

Tommy Tubs

Mar 2, 2024
This is the kind of thing that made me not thrilled to have Sweeney as GM this offseason.

Last offseason, finding gems for cheap, was his wheelhouse. This offseason, using assets to find top-line talent, no faith at all. He'd rather spend to get Karpisalo as Sway's back up.

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
fb3b4d00-a525-4e97-bc4d-8723db309d3d_text.gif

We literally just sold the cow for a bag of beans.

They are not even magic beans. Noone in the league thinks they are magic beans.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be

On the surface, this deal looks like a steal for the Senators because they gave up a goaltender they didn’t want and a centre they’ve been trying to trade for months, and were also able to retain the No. 7 overall selection they have in the first round of the draft Friday in Vegas.

LOL Sweenius

wolves019

May 6, 2007
Montreal
Were there no "Mark Kastelics" available in free agency?

Kastelic is exactly the type of player that has crippled this franchise for decades. Can't skate. No skill. A modern day Jeff Odgers and that's is being cruel to Jeff Odgers.

Sweeney really struggles when he's the one dealing the best player in the deal.
Sweeney ans Neely struggle with everything

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I feel confident to have sway and korpi as our goaltending team then unproven bussi. Donny building a winner especially when free agency starts. Getting the 1st helps restock the cupboards.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Guys....look at it this way...last time you guys had the 25th and we had the 26th....it ended up like this...

25- David Pastrnak
26 - Nikita Scherbak
Pasta at 25 was a fluke thanks to some odd selections at the top plus a concussion and ankle injury that sidelined Pasta. We got damn lucky that year

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I feel confident to have sway and korpi as our goaltending team then unproven bussi. Donny building a winner especially when free agency starts. Getting the 1st helps restock the cupboards.
Man poor Bussi went from the penthouse to the outhouse in 24 hours here. Trade Linus, you can't waive Bussi you'll lost him to nothing to replacing him with a guy nobody would trade for.

This trade proves something, that there are absolutely no unmoveable contracts.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Considering there's no extension a first + a backup for Sway seems like pretty good value.

No one was going to offer more at the deadline b/c he hasn't exactly excelled in the playoffs which is what folks are bidding on at the deadline.

Kastelic fills a hole to the size of Maroon/Lucic.

A hole that didn't need to be filled. The last thing they needed was another lead-footed forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad