Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Joe Marino is keeping the roster status up to date with this Google Doc.

We're essentially talking about a WR6/special teamer here. Samuel/MVS are not expected to be injured long term.

FWIW i expected Shavers to make the team in that role - but i don't know why people would look towards a big name here. The team has more than enough depth at the position, not to mention there should be more focus on 12 with a healthy Knox & more focus on a strong running game.
I wouldn't expect that they make a big name type move at WR.

But, either Samuel and MVS are expected to be healthy for week 1 or they have to do something at WR unless the plan is to keep Hamler and his return ability over Shavers.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

Joe Marino is keeping the roster status up to date with this Google Doc.

I wouldn't expect that they make a big name type move at WR.

But, either Samuel and MVS are expected to be healthy for week 1 or they have to do something at WR unless the plan is to keep Hamler and his return ability over Shavers.

Maybe they plan to carry five & bring up whoever makes it to the PS for games if Samuel and/or MVS can't go?

Or maybe they do favour a guy like Hamler? It surely can't be Justin Shorter despite him being a draft pick & having the ST experience - by all accounts he's had a brutal preseason...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Maybe they plan to carry five & bring up whoever makes it to the PS for games if Samuel and/or MVS can't go?

Or maybe they do favour a guy like Hamler? It surely can't be Justin Shorter despite him being a draft pick & having the ST experience - by all accounts he's had a brutal preseason...
Shorter is getting cut, too.

Screenshot 2024-08-27 104017.png

A PS elevation is a likely path, as well. They are likely confident that they can get Hamler and/or Isabella onto the PS.

Do you think more people lie about being at the comeback game or that they wanted Josh Allen in the draft?
Today, it's likely drafting Josh. The Comeback is over 30 years old at this point.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
Do you think more people lie about being at the comeback game or that they wanted Josh Allen in the draft?
I will just provide my own anecdote:

I've got my damn ticket stub signed by Frank Reich. My Dad and I went because the game was blacked out, and the tickets were cheap. We bought them at Tops, because Ticketmaster hadn't ruined everything yet. It was my first NFL game. We were getting nachos when the pick 6 happened at the start of the first half. I did not want to leave early because it was my first game (and I had nachos with non-newtonian fluid cheese), so we stayed.

Also - I wanted no part of Allen (especially with the racism reports that were swirling around the draft that turned out to be lyrics), and wanted to stick with Tyrod. I actively expected and wanted Allen to fail early so that they could move on quickly. I still think Tyrod got a raw deal here.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I will just provide my own anecdote:

I've got my damn ticket stub signed by Frank Reich. My Dad and I went because the game was blacked out, and the tickets were cheap. We bought them at Tops, because Ticketmaster hadn't ruined everything yet. It was my first NFL game. We were getting nachos when the pick 6 happened at the start of the first half. I did not want to leave early because it was my first game (and I had nachos with non-newtonian fluid cheese), so we stayed.

Also - I wanted no part of Allen (especially with the racism reports that were swirling around the draft that turned out to be lyrics), and wanted to stick with Tyrod. I actively expected and wanted Allen to fail early so that they could move on quickly. I still think Tyrod got a raw deal here.
Combing through someone's life and finding one comment, and nothing else anywhere. High school kids say things, let them grow up before condemning them for their entire life. The draft process loves to cause issues with the incoming players for smoke.

Tyrod became afraid to throw the ball over 10 yards here.

I wonder if there is a WR out there Beane is after that might get cut or a small trade.

Reactions: Asymmetric Solution

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Brothers Travis Kelce and Jason Kelce have indeed reached "New Heights" with their podcast, signing a deal with Amazon's Wondery that is reportedly worth more than $100 million over three years.

The deal, announced Tuesday, gives exclusive ad sales and distribution rights to Wondery.

"We couldn't be more excited to team up with Wondery for the next phase of New Heights," Travis and Jason Kelce said in a statement. "We love this show, and the fanbase that has grown with us over the last two seasons. Wondery understands the shared vision and will offer a wealth of experience and resources to take us to New Heights! We are going to create some groundbreaking moments together through this partnership. We are thrilled to start Season 3 -- see you soon, 92%ers!"

Not bad.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
What the heck is he thinking at WR
Seems obvious to me. McBeane is satisfied with Shakir/Samuel/Coleman/Hollins/MVS as his 5 at WR -- both health-wise and from a talent POV. They must also think that Shavers/Hamler/Isabella/Shorter/etc are a dime a dozen and if they don't make it to the practice squad, they'll find another similar talent.

And it seems like we're going a bit "heavier" on special teams -- fewer WRs, more DBs/DL/LBs.....guys that are actually used to tackling.

And given that we still have Knox and Kincaid.....I've got no issue going with 5 WRs, especially if none of the cuts are good-to-great special teamers. I bet we run a lot of pseudo-12 this year where Knox lines up in-line and Kincaid out wide -- either legit out wide or in the slot.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Feels like they're gonna roll with 5, maybe grab one of the cut WRs from another squad, and live in 12 personnel either way
Not to mention that one or more of the guys who just got cut will likely end up on the practice squad....

12ozPapa

Make space for The Papa
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2012
Random, and dumb question. I’m in Tennessee. What is the best way for me to see Bills games?

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Seems obvious to me. McBeane is satisfied with Shakir/Samuel/Coleman/Hollins/MVS as his 5 at WR -- both health-wise and from a talent POV. They must also think that Shavers/Hamler/Isabella/Shorter/etc are a dime a dozen and if they don't make it to the practice squad, they'll find another similar talent.

And it seems like we're going a bit "heavier" on special teams -- fewer WRs, more DBs/DL/LBs.....guys that are actually used to tackling.

And given that we still have Knox and Kincaid.....I've got no issue going with 5 WRs, especially if none of the cuts are good-to-great special teamers. I bet we run a lot of pseudo-12 this year where Knox lines up in-line and Kincaid out wide -- either legit out wide or in the slot.
Wonder if he is in on Tim Patrick

Random, and dumb question. I’m in Tennessee. What is the best way for me to see Bills games?
Steamz or YouTube TV if your fine paying for it

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
We had been laser focused on 6 WR's, but I think the number to look at is 9 WE+TE, especially with Kincaid and Knox capable of splitting out. If Morris and Davidson both make the team it wouldn't surprise me if we keep 5 WR's

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Wonder if he is in on Tim Patrick

I just don't see it. He's never been THAT good.....and he's coming off of an ACL injury followed by an Achilles injury. At this point, it's entirely probably that Tim Patrick is big and that's it.

If we needed size, maybe. But Keon, MVS and Hollins are all listed at 6'4". I don't think Patrick brings anything more than any of the other 3.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Feels like they're gonna roll with 5, maybe grab one of the cut WRs from another squad, and live in 12 personnel either way
I'm not so sure they're going to 'live' in 12 personnel. When Knox returned from IR, Brady only ran 12, 15% of the time. Yeah that was with Diggs/Davis on the roster, but I'm not sure we're going to see a huge increase (some fans are thinking 45-50% which is unheard of, ATL led the league at 41% for example), maybe we get an uptick to 25-30%?

I think they're happy with the core 4 and MVS/?.

Hollins is going to play a lot more than people think, not saying he'll reach the 90% he had in his career year in Vegas (essentially a Gabe Davis season), but I wouldnt be surprised at 50-60 in the Davis role (blocking!) in both 11 & 12p. Samuels probably a 50/60 guy depending on opponent and game plan. Shakir/Coleman 70-80? MVS 20-30. That's the way I see it as of now. Lots of mixing and matching. Really not concerned with who the 5/6's are tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad