Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Surprised that they didn't retain Shorter. He must have had an awful camp.

Brendan Rice made the Chargers 53 man roster.
I'm not. There were very few reports that he popped in practice and he didn't do much in games. Plus, he is a guy that has never turned physical talent that shined in HS to much of anything in college or in two training camps. He just had some delusional online fans that thought he was better than he actually was.

Surprised they didn't get a PS kicker. Good for Rice too, his knock was attitude right?
Again, I'm not.

Kicking is such a mental thing. They are stuck with Bass for this season due to his contract extension, Like they were stuck with Von Miller last year.

It is not going to be good for Bass's psyche to have a PS kicker that he's worrying about.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Surprised they didn't get a PS kicker. Good for Rice too, his knock was attitude right?
I’m not sure.
I'm not. There were very few reports that he popped in practice and he didn't do much in games. Plus, he is a guy that has never turned physical talent that shined in HS to much of anything in college or in two training camps. He just had some delusional online fans that thought he was better than he actually was.

Again, I'm not.

Kicking is such a mental thing. They are stuck with Bass for this season due to his contract extension, Like they were stuck with Von Miller last year.

It is not going to be good for Bass's psyche to have a PS kicker that he's worrying about.
It wasn’t delusion. I was hopeful for him. His college career wasn’t elite but his time at Florida wasn’t bad either. He was developing as a deep threat, and he put up decent stats. I can see why the Bills took a swing on him.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
They're absolutely locked into Bass this season. Even next year it's not exactly an easy cut if they wanted to do that.

I'm mildly surprised that a different punter/holder wasn't added to the PS or even kept around training camp for longer , but i guess those guys are widely available as FAs.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

My hope with Shorter was that he was billed/"hyped" as a guy who had/could excel on special teams. I never really held out much hope for him being anything other than a "break in case of emergency" guy at WR. And given how McDermott has always loved his ST-only guys, I figured/hoped Shorter could be that.

Whoops. Oh well.

Yep. His PR issues are exactly what kept him off the roster and why we went and got a returner.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
It wasn’t delusion. I was hopeful for him. His college career wasn’t elite but his time at Florida wasn’t bad either. He was developing as a deep threat, and he put up decent stats. I can see why the Bills took a swing on him.
There were plenty of people online that were delusional about Shorter and vastly overstated his talent. There were some people that assumed because the Bills put him on IR last year that they had grand plans for him this year. And that seemingly was not the case. Or, Shorter didn't progress anything like the Bills had hoped.

It's just like there were plenty of people online that were delusional about Frank Gore Jr. and were losing their minds when the Bills waived him yesterday.

Reactions: Husko

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
There were plenty of people online that were delusional about Shorter and vastly overstated his talent. There were some people that assumed because the Bills put him on IR last year that they had grand plans for him this year. And that seemingly was not the case. Or, Shorter didn't progress anything like the Bills had hoped.

It's just like there were plenty of people online that were delusional about Frank Gore Jr. and were losing their minds when the Bills waived him yesterday.

.......don't confuse the Twitterxverse or Facebook with the posters here. I think that we're all collectively fairly level-headed and reasonable with our Bills takes. Most of us.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Nice roster chart from Salc with depth and IR
1724880422333.png

Reactions: 26CornerBlitz

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel

I assumed the bolded part. I watched it happen with AJ Ofodile. It didn't work out for him, but that's what I assumed with Shorter.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Beane above is asked about potential signing of Jalen Virgil WR to the PS. They have not, but Beane admits they have talked and he is coming in for a visit. Anyone know anything on him btw? He was waived by the Broncos and is 26. Another returner potentially ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad