Patriots/NFL 2024 Regular Season

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
It's giving Ondrej Kase vibes.

4-5 concussions in your life isn't good.

Not good at all

He’s got to stop playing

Miami brutal loss in so many ways with Tua & all pro LT Armstead

Their OL right now with multiple starters out possibly long term is possibly worse then Patriots plus lose Tua

They appear to be in deep trouble

Projecting NFL is so ridiculous

Rams, Packers, and Dolphins all likely 10+ win teams could be in trouble due to key injuries

Reactions: rfournier103

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
He’s got to stop playing

Miami brutal loss in so many ways with Tua & all pro LT Armstead

Their OL right now with multiple starters out possibly long term is possibly worse then Patriots plus lose Tua

They appear to be in deep trouble

Projecting NFL is so ridiculous

Rams, Packers, and Dolphins all likely 10+ win teams could be in trouble due to key injuries
Dolphins are cooked. With Waddle and Hill sitting down on the sidelines and not rooting their team mates on when the offense was on the field is terrible. Have an even bigger issue with the culture of the team / coaching issues.
Is there another Flacco on a couch somewhere they can find?
Proves that each team needs to have a capable backup at QB.

Reactions: DKH

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
As much as I detest the Dolphins, I almost felt bad for them last night. Their play calling was horrible, and even with a stacked WR corps, they just couldn’t move the ball down field. Is the Buffalo defense that good? Maybe. Maybe not.

As for Tua…

To say he had a bad night is a colossal understatement. As others have said, he needs to hang it up. If I were the Dolphins’ owner, I’d tell Tua that I’ll pay him the rest of his contract, but for his own safety he needs to retire. And if he doesn’t retire, he will be inactive every week until his contract expires. The Dolphins, in good conscience, really shouldn’t send him back out there again.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Then how come Butler hasn’t spoken about it?
Great question. I think there’s something there, but whatever it is, I think Butler just wants to leave it alone.

It’s probably something stupid, but neither side really wants to explain it. I’m sure the truth will come out eventually.
Dolphins are cooked. With Waddle and Hill sitting down on the sidelines and not rooting their team mates on when the offense was on the field is terrible. Have an even bigger issue with the culture of the team/coaching issues.
I’m more than okay with a meltdown in Miami. F*ck that team. On a human level, I want Tua to retire and enjoy his millions. As for the Dolphins, I couldn’t be happier with their performance last night. I watched the game from start to finish and loved it.

Reactions: LSCII

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Dolphins are cooked. With Waddle and Hill sitting down on the sidelines and not rooting their team mates on when the offense was on the field is terrible. Have an even bigger issue with the culture of the team / coaching issues.
Tannehill reunion perhaps

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Butler came back to play for BB, so whatever the issue was - he got over it..
He should have been reprimanded but ….basically it’s my folks telling me you want the car you better be home before midnight and you better be going over to friends to play hoops in driveway or play video like you said. Then kid is spotted with 5 other kids at Wendy’s drive thru at 11 and comes in 12:50

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Then how come Butler hasn’t spoken about it?
He knows he F’d up

He was sick and was supposed to chill and get better and fly in later - get out of media stuff etc

There is more to story - but I absolutely know and I kinda get it but I’d have just ripped him

Problem was Belichick warned them all would have looked like he didn’t mean what said

He should have called captains in and discussed and they probably flip him

Fights with coaches, stoned, whatever all never happened

I get why Belichick handling way he is and why he still likes Butler - but he should have been more responsible and not put BB in the position

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I wonder how many players are going to switch to guardian caps after seeing Tua last night

I guess everything is between him and his medical team to make the best decision for him. But if it were me I'd sure as hell hang them up. He's got a lot of guaranteed money, money in the bank, and could probably carve out a career in the media if he wanted. Dude is only 26, long life ahead of him.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Already used to them, I barely notice them and it has no impact on my enjoyment of the game
I saw people online claiming they're ugly and look like "condoms" and is "disrupting" the view of the game.

I don't care if the guardian cap looked like a clown outfit, it's still better than not having it. It's not distracting at ALL.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I saw people online claiming they're ugly and look like "condoms" and is "disrupting" the view of the game.

I don't care if the guardian cap looked like a clown outfit, it's still better than not having it. It's not distracting at ALL.

I heard Peppers would be wearing one so when he made a play I paid attention. I didn’t notice the helmet during the first play he made. Meaning I didn’t realize the guardian cap during the live play. But then there were replays with close ups and I still couldn’t really tell. The only time I can differentiate a normal helmet from a guardian cap is when the players are stationary between snaps. I think some people just want to complain.

I’m with you, even if these helmets were ugly and distracting, I’d support their use but they are not even ugly or distracting.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

I heard Peppers would be wearing one so when he made a play I paid attention. I didn’t notice the helmet during the first play he made. Meaning I didn’t realize the guardian cap during the live play. But then there were replays with close ups and I still couldn’t really tell. The only time I can differentiate a normal helmet from a guardian cap is when the players are stationary between snaps. I think some people just want to complain.

I’m with you, even if these helmets were ugly and distracting, I’d support their use but they are not even ugly or distracting.
If players want to wear them, that is absolutely their right and no one should have anything to say about it. Especially if they aren’t out there themselves.

No helmet will ever be completely safe. The history of the sport of football is very interesting, and it’s the major sport that has evolved the most over the last 150 years or so. If I remember correctly, helmets were introduced in the first place not to prevent concussions, but rather to prevent fractured skulls.

Football has evolved in a way that the players and coaches of the ‘50s and ‘60s would barely recognize today. If these new guardian caps are the next step in pro football’s evolution, so be it.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Clown show

Attachments

• IMG_3711.jpeg
    IMG_3711.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 1

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad