Prospect Info: 2024 Nashville Predators Rookie Camp/Showcase

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Yeah, and he is a 2020 pick so he's one of the oldest prospects on the roster. Even so, I think he's been our best forward in this Rookie Camp games (granted, I didn't see the Saturday one).
I don't think he was the most impressive Friday. I'd say he was one of the more impressive.

Straight up for me, Gibson might have been the most impressive but that's likley influenced by lower expectations, and how poised he was for his age.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
I don't think he was the most impressive Friday. I'd say he was one of the more impressive.

Straight up for me, Gibson might have been the most impressive but that's likley influenced by lower expectations, and how poised he was for his age.
Agree on Gibson, earlier I was only talking about the forward group.

Reactions: triggrman

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Agree on Gibson, earlier I was only talking about the forward group.
At one point Gibson, while skating on a 2v2 with Molendyk, Gibson pushed Molendyk into the proper position to make a play. I don't know that I've seen that before. The dude was as solid defensively as anyone on the ice during for that game.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia

I like Ozzy's aggressive nature. I think he will fit in with Nashville’s wants. His production jumped considerably in the AHL playoffs. Hopefully there is something to it. The lost years due to covid (2019 season leading to his draft in 2020 and the following season) plus being on bad AHL teams. Maybe he blooms late into a nice Sherwood/Smith replacement for the 4th line.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
At one point Gibson, while skating on a 2v2 with Molendyk, Gibson pushed Molendyk into the proper position to make a play. I don't know that I've seen that before. The dude was as solid defensively as anyone on the ice during for that game.
I love Gibson's defensive game, but thought he was too impatient with the puck today. He needs to make smarter plays to get puck out with possession.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I like Ozzy's aggressive nature. I think he will fit in with Nashville’s wants. His production jumped considerably in the AHL playoffs. Hopefully there is something to it. The lost years due to covid (2019 season leading to his draft in 2020 and the following season) plus being on bad AHL teams. Maybe he blooms late into a nice Sherwood/Smith replacement for the 4th line.
It's interesting how Wiesblatt is considered a "real prospect" again now that he's in Nashville, after the 2 wipeout years in San Jose. But you know, he's a former 1st round pick - even if just barely, he was picked ahead of Evangelista for example, and he's still on his final ELC/Waiver Exempt season, still technically a prospect. And then if he's actually going to be a prospect for us where he wasn't for San Jose... maybe he needs to get on our rankings list?

Even a scrappy Cousins/Haula/Sherwood type of guy who is just a scrawny pesky hard worker... maybe that player still fits into our Top 20 prospects now? :dunno:

ShagDaddy

Nov 24, 2021
The Boro
I think the Gibson/Molendyk pairing is one that will be around for the Predators organization a long time. They’re both very good prospects and their skill sets complement each other very well.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think the Gibson/Molendyk pairing is one that will be around for the Predators organization a long time. They’re both very good prospects and their skill sets complement each other very well.
Yeah they mentioned during the game Saturday that they specifically wanted to get those two together in this camp to see how they fit together. Overall it seemed they were pretty happy with what they were seeing from those two together.

Reactions: ShagDaddy

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Molendyk/Gibson sounds like a great pairing idea on paper. Glad things seem to be working out at camp. Give them some real time to build chemistry and things could really take off. I like them as a future 2nd pairing with hopefully 1st pairing potential. I think their playstyles will compliment each other well and sometimes that is what makes a really effective pair instead of just individual skills (sum is greater than the parts).

Reactions: Soundgarden

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Main camp starts Thursday:

Tomasino still without a contract. Does he show up?

1st preseason games this Sunday too. Traditional split squad against Florida. So close yet so far

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I don't see why Trotz would even give him the time of day to play without a contract. You want to play? Sign. It's not complicated.

If he holds out, with his resume, he's really hurting his own reputation around the league, nothing more. He's not ever going to get any more money out of Trotz than he has already been offered.

Reactions: originalpredfan

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I don't see why Trotz would even give him the time of day to play without a contract. You want to play? Sign. It's not complicated.

If he holds out, with his resume, he's really hurting his own reputation around the league, nothing more. He's not ever going to get any more money out of Trotz than he has already been offered.
He is unsigned. That isn't a holdout. His ask may be unreasonable or Trotz may be squeezing him or some combination, but his situation is the same as Harley and Perfetti and Swayman and Seider and whomever else is still RFA. Only difference is they are better than him and will get more $.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
He is unsigned. That isn't a holdout. His ask may be unreasonable or Trotz may be squeezing him or some combination, but his situation is the same as Harley and Perfetti and Swayman and Seider and whomever else is still RFA. Only difference is they are better than him and will get more $.
"holdouts" in the archaic sense don't exist in the NHL anymore. We know he has been offered a contract, and in his situation even a 2-way QO is reasonable, so refusing to sign is the modern form of "holdout". I don't know what those other RFAs have been offered, they are much better players who can reasonably ask for more than their QOs, so I wouldn't call them holdouts unless I knew they were rejecting reasonable offers from their teams.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
"holdouts" in the archaic sense don't exist in the NHL anymore. We know he has been offered a contract, and in his situation even a 2-way QO is reasonable, so refusing to sign is the modern form of "holdout". I don't know what those other RFAs have been offered, they are much better players who can reasonably ask for more than their QOs, so I wouldn't call them holdouts unless I knew they were rejecting reasonable offers from their teams.
So a holdout is only someone whose ask is more than is reasonable? We don't know what any of the offers are so how do we know which ones are reasonable?

Each of these players are exercising their rights under CBA, just like each of these teams are trying to best manage their cap situations and keep salaries down. There doesn't have to be bad guy here. As Dave Mason said, they just disagree.

Reactions: Gh24

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
So a holdout is only someone whose ask is more than is reasonable? We don't know what any of the offers are so how do we know which ones are reasonable?

Each of these players are exercising their rights under CBA, just like each of these teams are trying to best manage their cap situations and keep salaries down. There doesn't have to be bad guy here. As Dave Mason said, they just disagree.
I'm not disputing any of that. I'm just providing you with the modern usage of the word, which is the one I've adopted. 20 years ago, it meant something different in the NHL, I agree.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad