Speculation: Rangers Training Camp/Preseason 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
If Mika can find his game again, that would help immensely.
I figure if our forwards could hem in the opposition defense and soften them up a bit earlier in playoff games and series and which should start in game one of the regular season on shift # 1 by Kreider ....we will be in business and might make it past another round but as currently constructed....that will not happen with the same guys/same intensity and Rempe will help but he is far from enough at his age and skill level.

If we had Kreider -Kakko-Will C along with Rempe/Edstrom it will help . Running things back with the same team identity is like peeing against the wind . We don't need 110 pts in the reg season but we do need to start playing a hard nose take no prisoner style to be playoff ready . I think the team we start with will look different come the trade deadline .....if not...heads will roll .

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Among others:

Simon Robertsson (STL)
Carl Lindbom (VGK)
Felix Unger Sörum (CAR)
Filip Bystedt (SJS)
Fabian Wagner (WPG)
Anton Wahlberg (BUF)
Adam Engström (MTL)
Oskar Pettersson (OTT)
Elias Salomonsson (WPG)
Elias Pettersson (VAN)
Otto Stenberg (STL)
Calle Odelius (NYI)
Alexander Suzdalev (WSH)
Jani Nyman (SEA)
Nikko Kokko (SEA)
Emil Pieniniemi (PIT)
Jakub Dvořák (LAK)

Looks like a lot of the guys that were on Sweden's WJC team.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Looks like a lot of the guys that were on Sweden's WJC team.

Most of these I could find in Sweden (SHL and Allsvenskan), and Finland (Liiga).

Switzerland until recently was not part of the transfer agreement. Russia still isn't.

Slovakia and Czechia have had a few over the years.

It's just something teams have to accept. The first year of an ELC, that player can only play in the AHL if he's released from his former team.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
They were first overall and close last year

They clearly are good enough but sure adding will help

Say bye to next years 1st rounder it’s inevitable
The 2025 draft is supposed to be much better then this past draft; maybe if it's the 2026 1st rounder, it might be OK. I know I sound like a draft pick hoarder, and they are in a win-now mode, but at some point, you'll need the picks they've traded away in recent years for, in retrospect, not much. Need to keep replenishing the cupboard.

They aren't good enough as presently constituted to go further in the playoffs as they have been in recent years. I'd rather not give up any more picks for 3rd-4th line rentals; I'd rather see if the kids can handle those roles; some of them got a taste of it last season. We'll see what they need to make a playoff push/run come the trade deadline come early March. If they can move Lindgren before the deadline for an upgrade elsewhere, I'd be all for it.

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The 2025 draft is supposed to be much better then this past draft; maybe if it's the 2026 1st rounder, it might be OK. I know I sound like a draft pick hoarder, and they are in a win-now mode, but at some point, you'll need the picks they've traded away in recent years for, in retrospect, not much. Need to keep replenishing the cupboard.

They aren't good enough as presently constituted to go further in the playoffs as they have been in recent years. I'd rather not give up any more picks for 3rd-4th line rentals; I'd rather see if the kids can handle those roles; some of them got a taste of it last season. We'll see what they need to make a playoff push/run come the trade deadline come early March. If they can move Lindgren before the deadline for an upgrade elsewhere, I'd be all for it.

The Rangers have been doing great on middle and late round picks for several years now and for the most part hanging on to their 1st rounders the last few years. That's kind of made up for trading most of their 2nd's and 3rd's. We did trade the 1st the year we drafted Sykora.

Draft picks are the go to trade capital for teams looking to add at the trade deadline. It just is. Of playoff teams that have been stingy moving picks the Canes were probably the clear headliners until last year and arguably it's a main reason why they kept getting knocked out in 2nd rounds and every year often they have extra picks and they pick guys who are consensus liked prospect but a lot of them have also not turned out.

For the Rangers we've had holes to fill going into playoff rounds. Sometimes our trades have been better than other times but the price to fill using draft picks is almost always stiff but that's what other teams seem to want the most. We do have a backlog of very good prospects to try to work into NHL players so it's not like the well is even close to dry right now.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I hope this team comes back with a level of anger this year. It's all fun and games until you lose twice in the conference final and try to trade your captain. The young guys from the rebuild can't skate by on the fact that they are still maturing anymore. And the veterans legacy is that they arent good enough. There is still opportunity to change the narrative, as teams like Washington, Tampa and, yes even Florida have done after lots of playoff disappointment with the same core group. The forward group is as good as any team in the East. Defense is a problem but theres room for internal improvement. I dont think Trouba and Lindgren are as bad as they were last year but usage needs to be adjusted. They will make aggressive moves at the deadline as well.

Looking forward to another great season. Once more into the breach.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Draft picks are the go to trade capital for teams looking to add at the trade deadline. It just is. Of playoff teams that have been stingy moving picks the Canes were probably the clear headliners until last year and arguably it's a main reason why they kept getting knocked out in 2nd rounds and every year often they have extra picks and they pick guys who are consensus liked prospect but a lot of them have also not turned out.
Carolina went all in last year and what did it gain them? They still lost in the 2nd round to us.

I don't support the idea that it's okay because everyone does it. That's not to say that we should never add at the deadline, but there's a limit. If you need that much help at the deadline, your team probably isn't good enough to win in the first place.

If we are going to make in-season moves, I'd much rather make them earlier in the year instead of waiting for the deadline. And I'd much rather target players who will be with us for at least a few years rather than throwing away assets on rentals. Drury has not done that. He has spent a bunch of assets, and we have nothing to show for it.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
We have ECF finals to show for it. I know some are cup or bust, but you need chances before you can go all the way. They're getting chances, the well isn't dry and they have a good shot at more chances.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The vocal Rempe hate on this board doesnt make sense to me. I get that people think he's a 4th line plug but last I checked he was playing the minutes of a 4th line plug. Young players also improve as they get more experience, which has been something many here have also had trouble grasping over the years.

And if it's the penalties he takes, I dont really see the issue. Opposing teams are in danger when the Rangers are on the PK anyway, I prefer that Rempe makes opposing players think twice when they have the puck. All that said, I wouldnt mind him starting off in Hartford getting more icetime. Edstrom is more well rounded and NHL ready at this point.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I hope this team comes back with a level of anger this year. It's all fun and games until you lose twice in the conference final and try to trade your captain. The young guys from the rebuild can't skate by on the fact that they are still maturing anymore. And the veterans legacy is that they arent good enough. There is still opportunity to change the narrative, as teams like Washington, Tampa and, yes even Florida have done after lots of playoff disappointment with the same core group. The forward group is as good as any team in the East. Defense is a problem but theres room for internal improvement. I dont think Trouba and Lindgren are as bad as they were last year but usage needs to be adjusted. They will make aggressive moves at the deadline as well.

Looking forward to another great season. Once more into the breach.

Need to change the players. This team rarely shows the anger with previous playoff failures from the season before to the following season. This team does not have much anger in their DNA. They are too comfortable

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
I don't think people hate Rempe, just that he gets more attention than another other 4th liner we've ever seen.

The thing with Rempe is that he doesn't fit in a box. He's a 4th liner right now, but someone with his size and his introduction to the league does not tend to become anything more than what he currently is. It used to be that this was how a guy like this made it and stuck around, while improving.

You can't write anything off for him as a player. He has puck skills, good skating (and improved skating from last year), and has the ability to play wing and center.

On top of this, he's an open book whenever he talks to the media. Doesn't really hide anything or just spew hockey lingo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad