Speculation: Rangers Training Camp/Preseason 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
So he’s another player that refuses to play in Hartford?

another year in Europe, with a signed ELC,
is the very common development path for young Euro-developed players
he's not a can't miss guy like a Seider or Stutzle

most likely, he'll be in Hartford next season
it should not undermine his development into an NHL player, or not, at all

Last edited:
Reactions: surlysailor

effen

Feb 3, 2018
Comfortably warm take predictions:

- The D will be shuffled to start so Laviolette can go back to comfort pairings when there's a hiccup. If they start with comfort pairings and they go bad it gets awkward quickly.
- Jones will have a bad to mediocre start to the season and force a trade to be made. Excuse machine will be fired up and cranking as this becomes HFNYRs shiny new complaining toy.
- Vesey is going to look terrible and get waived
- Rempe is going to look really, really good. People will still shade him for unknown reasons.
- Smith is cooked and after trying pretty much everyone else, Edstrom has a nice 10 game run with the BFFs midseason.
- Trouba has a nice (for him) bounceback year.
- Igor completely crushes the regular season and signs a market contract around Christmas.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
Agree. I’m having a difficult time getting excited about the season in general. They made the final four but with obvious issues that they did not really address. I expect them to make the playoffs again. But I have no real expectation that they will finally get over the hump.
The roster is the same as last season, outside of the Reilly Smith add. I don't see how this team gets better/goes further in the playoffs. Maybe Kakko has a breakout like Lafreniere (in terms of impact, not necessarily point total) did last year. Trouba/Lindgren bounce back (unlikely). Hopefully, Chytil stays healthy. Basically, this team only gets better through internal improvement.

• Love
Reactions: leetch99

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The roster is the same as last season, outside of the Reilly Smith add. I don't see how this team gets better/goes further in the playoffs. Maybe Kakko has a breakout like Lafreniere (in terms of impact, not necessarily point total) did last year. Trouba/Lindgren bounce back (unlikely). Hopefully, Chytil stays healthy. Basically, this team only gets better through internal improvement.
If Mika can find his game again, that would help immensely.

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Comfortably warm take predictions:

- The D will be shuffled to start so Laviolette can go back to comfort pairings when there's a hiccup. If they start with comfort pairings and they go bad it gets awkward quickly.
- Jones will have a bad to mediocre start to the season and force a trade to be made. Excuse machine will be fired up and cranking as this becomes HFNYRs shiny new complaining toy.
- Vesey is going to look terrible and get waived
- Rempe is going to look really, really good. People will still shade him for unknown reasons.
- Smith is cooked and after trying pretty much everyone else, Edstrom has a nice 10 game run with the BFFs midseason.
- Trouba has a nice (for him) bounceback year.
- Igor completely crushes the regular season and signs a market contract around Christmas.

I can see most of this happening. Trouba bouncing back for one but I still see him being traded next summer.

The one thing here I'm not sure I'm getting is Vesey looking terrible. He's pretty good at fitting the role he's had with us. It's like getting into a routine at work where you know what's expected and you become good at what you do. I don't see why it should change now---maybe when he gets deeper into his 30's though.

Smith I don't know. He didn't fit in Pittsburgh all that great but sometimes that happens. That said I have to think he'll be an improvement over Wheeler and Roslovic neither of whom impressed me very much. The other thing about Smith is he has a history of being a really good playoff performer. He has more playoff points than anyone else on our team with 79 in 106 games. Kreider is next with 76 in 123.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
So, Drury said Kakko was pretty much injured last season?
Hes hurt mostly 4 out of the 5 seasons. Only played 82 games once in his 5 season and it was his best season with 40 points. Even in the shortened Covid season, he was hurt, missed 8 games. Heading the way of Chytil as being injury prone

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Hes hurt mostly 4 out of the 5 seasons. Only played 82 games once in his 5 season and it was his best season with 40 points. Even in the shortened Covid season, he was hurt, missed 8 games. Heading the way of Chytil as being injury prone

Pretty sure almost every game he missed through his first 2 seasons was because of
Illness.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I honestly don't get the love Othmann gets. He's being pencilled in for top 6/9 spot wing?
what has he done? Berard outplayed him by huge margins last year in Hartford. 5 on 5 it wasnt even close.
Othmann is never gonna sniff pp time on the big club. Berard/Edstrom and even Rempe would be more effective bottom 6 guys at this point.
I hope I am wrong and Othmann turns the corner but pedigree/draft position means nothing. Berard and Edstrom hopefully have a good camp and make the team. They deserve it.
Or Berard is the very first call up at the very least
Didn’t Othmann fall because of his skating ability (or lack thereof)? Good shooter and bad skater I think? My memory could be failing me, and I’m thinking of someone else.

Anyway, if skating is questionable at that age and you don’t have the IQ of Adam Oates, you’re likely not going very far. And from the (albeit tiny) sample size I got last year, this kid is no Adam Oates.

Reactions: bl02

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
It’s a very boring camp in general because pretty much every spot and every special teams spot is locked in, not that it’s is an issue, just doesn’t make for any interesting storylines.

Hopefully Othmann or Berard pushes for a spot, but hard to care about much else.

I don’t care who gets the 4th line spots, pick the best players veteran or youth.

Wake me up in April to see who they play in the first round.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Kakko's improved every other season so far, followed by a setback.

Makes you think if we can get the kid to a 20-20 campaign this year, maybe it's time to deal. This team may not want to give him a long term extension with his inconsistent history. He has a good year, he might be looking at 5x4.5.

Reactions: CasusBelli

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
It’s a very boring camp in general because pretty much every spot and every special teams spot is locked in, not that it’s is an issue, just doesn’t make for any interesting storylines.

Hopefully Othmann or Berard pushes for a spot, but hard to care about much else.

I don’t care who gets the 4th line spots, pick the best players veteran or youth.

Wake me up in April to see who they play in the first round.

Wake me up when Panarin and Mika dominate in the playoffs. Sadly they need open ice to do this. They should have stayed in Europe

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Of course it’s a boring camp. GOOD.

We’re the best reg season team and made it to the ECF. We should be pretty well set.

Maybe if Fox and Trouba aren’t hurt going into the playoffs we do more. Or if Chytil and Kakko weren’t out a long time they’re better. Like any year, who knows. I’ll take my chances with top 5 talent and the best goalie.

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

savebyrichter94

Every Profound Spirit Needs A Mask
Sep 14, 2008
PA
Looking forward to all of the "[insert player] is looking big out there" tweets from beat writers in the coming weeks.
IMG_1315.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad