Buffalo Bills Training Camp - July 16 (rookies), July 23 (veterans)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
31 players left on offense and 31 players left on defense. Need to cut 12 more players.

Cain
McKitty
Davidson
Grable
Clayton (PS under international player program)
Bills
Clapp
Toohill
Milano (IR)
Couch
Ingram

Maybe one of the DTs.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
The Jets and Bills will be squaring off twice in the regular season, but they teamed up to make a trade on Tuesday.

According to multiple reports, the Jets have agreed to send defensive back Brandon Codrington to the Bills. The teams will exchange late-round picks in 2026 to complete the deal.

Codrington signed with the Jets after going undrafted out of North Carolina Central this year. In addition to his defensive role, Codrington was a standout punt returner while in college and he broke loose for big returns on both punts and kickoffs while with the Jets in the preseason.

• Wow
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Well now this is a very odd move to me. We've got Hardy who was being praised as a DB/KR/PR that has positional versatility (inside/outside) in the secondary.

Yet we kinda sorta trade real assets for the same thing? For a guy that was UDFA this summer?

Something isn't adding up, IMO.
Hardy is rumored to be injured and may potentially miss time.

Reactions: misterchainsaw

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The Bills waived Hardy.

Milano on IR.

Bills Initial 53 Man Roster
The Bills placed OT Travis Clayton, RB Darrynton Evans and LB Matt Milano on Injured Reserve (IR). The Bills designated both Milano and Evans as eligible to return this season.

I assume Clayton going on IR means they don't get to use him as a roster exemption for the international player program.

Interesting that Evans was designated for return, feels like they could have just waived/injured him, especially with trading for a return guy as well.

buffa dud

Dec 31, 2021
The Jets and Bills will be squaring off twice in the regular season, but they teamed up to make a trade on Tuesday.

According to multiple reports, the Jets have agreed to send defensive back Brandon Codrington to the Bills. The teams will exchange late-round picks in 2026 to complete the deal.

Codrington signed with the Jets after going undrafted out of North Carolina Central this year. In addition to his defensive role, Codrington was a standout punt returner while in college and he broke loose for big returns on both punts and kickoffs while with the Jets in the preseason.

All that aside... I like it just for the intel. It gives the Bills a first-hand account of the defensive playbook without doing anything illegal. One of the easiest ways to get a leg up on the other teams in the division.

The other way, which is also great, is picking up their disgruntled free agents. Particularly when it's an area of need. If the Bills didn't have Diggs' dead cap hit, or Von Miller's ghost tying up so much space, Christian Wilkins would have been a textbook example. (I feel like the Patriots did this to the Bills a number of times, over the years.)

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006

They had 5 active WRs all of last season. So, if Samuel & MVS are healthy, it won't shock me if they keep 5 again.
Who was the last rookie UDFA to make it on the 53? Levi Wallace? Guys like Lewis/Ingram worked their way through the PS onto the roster, but as a rookie, Wallace, Gilliam, and Robey-Coleman are the only recent ones that stand out to me.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Wow. I'm shocked that they released Hardy. Like....really shocked.

Everything thing else seems expected.
I’m very surprised they kept Toohill and cut Hardy. I don’t think I heard anything about Toohill and he did zilch in the preseason games. Hope Hardy finds his way to the PS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad