Rumor: Wings taking calls on Bertuzzi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Bertuzzi doesn't have nearly the same allure as Mantha did.

Doesn't hurt to shop him, but I would bet good money Bertuzzi doesn't receive close to what Mantha brought back if he is traded.

Well your scouts would have to be morons to think that. Bertuzzi is twice the player Mantha is.

The funny thing is you seem really hung up on Mantha’s size when Bertuzzi plays bigger than Mantha does.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedHawkDown

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
While a prospect who can become 2C is a big need, the Wings have many of the pieces to build an elite D. The future on the left-side looks strong (Edvinsson, Wallinder, Johansson, Sebrango, McIsaac). The right side doesn't have nearly the potential. Also, there isn't any veteran presence.

If Detroit is serious about moving Bertuzzi, improving the current and future right-side of the D makes perfect sense.

The ask from LA should be Roy and Clarke, though Roy and Faber might work. Roy is a near ideal partner for Edvinsson his first 2-3 seasons. Clarke/Faber would make Detroit's top 4 league best in 3-4 years.

Yzerman has a track record of acquiring young D when trading. So the ask from LA should be for the Kings to share some of the wealth of RHD in their system.

This is not accurate. Detroit’s 2 best defenseman are a 20 y/o RHD and a 24 y/o RHD. They could forgo drafting or acquiring another RHD for half a decade and still be OK. Our center depth on the other hand is non-existent at every level. If Bert is traded, it almost has to be for center help.

Reactions: TCNorthstars

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Niemela
Robertson
Abramov
1st
3rd
Probably have to add more but if we put Muzzin on LTIR to get the cap space I’d take Bertuzzi for a playoff run in a heart beat

So with the news that Amirov has cancer, you are willing to dump three more of the Leafs higher end prospects, plus a 1st for Bertuzzi? What does this leave the Leafs with, Knies and a bunch of C prospects? Jesus, i'm glad you're not the Leafs GM.

Bertuzzi isn't the difference between the Leafs winning/not winning the Cup, and if they don't win they would have no cheap young talent ready to step in. Basically a death wish considering their cap situation.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
People dont seem to understand province doesnt equal country. Canada requires proof of vaccine or isolation.
As of right now. By the end of march every province will have removed restrictions. You really think the federal government is still going to at that point?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
So with the news that Amirov has cancer, you are willing to dump three more of the Leafs higher end prospects, plus a 1st for Bertuzzi? What does this leave the Leafs with, Knies and a bunch of C prospects? Jesus, i'm glad you're not the Leafs GM.

Bertuzzi isn't the difference between the Leafs winning/not winning the Cup, and if they don't win they would have no cheap young talent ready to step in. Basically a death wish considering their cap situation.
A physical near PPG winger is pretty much EXACTLY what the Leafs need. He can score and play physical, unlike basically their entire forward core. He’s also known as a big playoff player (again, unlike the entire Leafs forward core). The Wings would also never accept this deal.

Reactions: peconcan

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
Niemela
Robertson
Abramov
1st
3rd
Probably have to add more but if we put Muzzin on LTIR to get the cap space I’d take Bertuzzi for a playoff run in a heart beat
I would Think Nylander has to go in the trade
Nylander + Roberston and a pick probs

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I would Think Nylander has to go in the
trade
Nylander + Roberston and a pick probs
That’s foolish. Nylander has more of a track record than Bert, no matter how good Bertuzzi has been this season. At best they’re equal
and that’s just trading a dollar for another dollar.

skygodz187

Feb 15, 2015
I think the Dallas Stars are a perfect match for him.

His value may not be as high as they would think k since his none vaccinations thing. But he still could fetch a decent package

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Freedom fighters only hold about 10% of the market.. might take some work to deal him.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Well your scouts would have to be morons to think that. Bertuzzi is twice the player Mantha is.

The funny thing is you seem really hung up on Mantha’s size when Bertuzzi plays bigger than Mantha does.

To you and all the other Detroit posters, obviously I ruffled some feathers.

I'm not debating whether or not Mantha or Bertuzzi is the better player, just that the Capitals paid a premium to get Mantha because of his size.

Bertuzzi is a great player who's more physical and a better player than Mantha, that's cool, i'm not arguing against that. I'm saying GMs don't obsess over guys like Bertuzzi. Clarkson, Lucic, Anderson, Ladd, etc. all get overpaid and are significantly more valued than other players simply due to their size.

In terms of players like Bertuzzi, I personally don't think he is seen as the better player over Buchnevich, Hall, Reinhart, Miller, Garland, etc. at the time of the trades (yes, he's better than Hall now). They all got a a decent return, but none of them returned a package bigger than Mantha.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
To you and all the other Detroit posters, obviously I ruffled some feathers.

I'm not debating whether or not Mantha or Bertuzzi is the better player, just that the Capitals paid a premium to get Mantha because of his size.

Bertuzzi is a great player who's more physical and a better player than Mantha, that's cool, i'm not arguing against that. I'm saying GMs don't obsess over guys like Bertuzzi. Clarkson, Lucic, Anderson, Ladd, etc. all get overpaid and are significantly more valued than other players simply due to their size.

In terms of players like Bertuzzi, I personally don't think he is seen as the better player over Buchnevich, Hall, Reinhart, Miller, Garland, etc. at the time of the trades (yes, he's better than Hall now). They all got a a decent return, but none of them returned a package bigger than Mantha.
Yes they all received pretty similar packages. Also not one of the players you just mentioned were PPG and very physical like Bert, also around $2M for 1.5 seasons. You’re out to lunch in this one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad