Rumor: Wings taking calls on Bertuzzi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
It literally says the Red Wings are taking calls on him and he has generated a ton of interest.

Stop spreading misinformation.
That last sentence is super rich considering all it says is that the wings are fielding calls. There’s nothing about there being a bunch of interest.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Cant see it happening. Like Larkin, this guy is the battery that charges this team.

i would need to see us nail down a package almost better than what Mantha brought us at this point.

Taking calls IMO means nothing. everyone right now is taking calls on majority of their roster (outside the probably top 10 team).

I cant think of a player right now at his age, cap hit and the intangibles he brings to do a trade for.

Reactions: DylanBarkin

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
It's completely besides the point though, even if teams think this season Bertuzzi is real, he is still going to return less than Mantha. Players like Bertuzzi are available every year, the same can't be said about Mantha.

So Mantha is bigger, big deal (he is mostly soft). That is what get him a premium over Bertuzzi? They have scored at similar rates over their careers. Mantha can be lazy. Bertuzzi is all heart and gives 100% all of the time.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Literally no part of that article said the Wings are actually taking calls on Bertuzzi. They said the "as the Wings take calls in the coming weeks..." "Bertuzzi could be of interest to some teams..." "They might be interested in..."

Bad reporting and really terrible interpretation of the article in the OP and thread title.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Turcotte +1st

While a prospect who can become 2C is a big need, the Wings have many of the pieces to build an elite D. The future on the left-side looks strong (Edvinsson, Wallinder, Johansson, Sebrango, McIsaac). The right side doesn't have nearly the potential. Also, there isn't any veteran presence.

If Detroit is serious about moving Bertuzzi, improving the current and future right-side of the D makes perfect sense.

The ask from LA should be Roy and Clarke, though Roy and Faber might work. Roy is a near ideal partner for Edvinsson his first 2-3 seasons. Clarke/Faber would make Detroit's top 4 league best in 3-4 years.

Yzerman has a track record of acquiring young D when trading. So the ask from LA should be for the Kings to share some of the wealth of RHD in their system.

MVPete96

Nov 12, 2011
Michigan
Literally no part of that article said the Wings are actually taking calls on Bertuzzi. They said the "as the Wings take calls in the coming weeks..." "Bertuzzi could be of interest to some teams..." "They might be interested in..."

Bad reporting and really terrible interpretation of the article in the OP and thread title.

Watch the video. It’s speculation and it’s the same speculation from last TDL. When there’s smoke there’s fire….

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Watch the video. It’s speculation and it’s the same speculation from last TDL. When there’s smoke there’s fire….
Exactly, it is speculation.

So they are not taking calls on Bertuzzi, just that, theoretically, they could.

So, again, bad reporting and really terrible interpretation of the information. Awful thread title that is categorically false, something that even glancing at the article for about 10 seconds could tell you.

MVPete96

Nov 12, 2011
Michigan
Exactly, it is speculation.

So they are not taking calls on Bertuzzi, just that, theoretically, they could.

So, again, bad reporting and really terrible interpretation of the information. Awful thread title that is categorically false, something that even glancing at the article for about 10 seconds could tell you.

It’s the trade rumors forum buddy not the washington post. I made a thread and cited the article. Draw your own conclusions from it

Reactions: newfy

MVPete96

Nov 12, 2011
Michigan
Let me know when Bertuzzi grows 4 inches and gains 40 lbs.

Every team would love to have him, that doesn't mean he's going to return more than Mantha. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you think Bertuzzi is going to return more than a young top 6 forward + 1st + 2nd.

Think more in lines of what Miller would bring in, and then subtract a bit given Bertuzzi's vaccination status and shorter track record. Retention is expected in a flat cap world, if a team doesn't retain the trade isn't going to happen.

I’m positive you’ve never seen either of these guys play lmao

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I really like his game. Don't see us (NYR) being able to make the cap work, or the available top 6 spot unless they're trading one of Laf/Kakko.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
While a prospect who can become 2C is a big need, the Wings have many of the pieces to build an elite D. The future on the left-side looks strong (Edvinsson, Wallinder, Johansson, Sebrango, McIsaac). The right side doesn't have nearly the potential. Also, there isn't any veteran presence.

If Detroit is serious about moving Bertuzzi, improving the current and future right-side of the D makes perfect sense.

The ask from LA should be Roy and Clarke, though Roy and Faber might work. Roy is a near ideal partner for Edvinsson his first 2-3 seasons. Clarke/Faber would make Detroit's top 4 league best in 3-4 years.

Yzerman has a track record of acquiring young D when trading. So the ask from LA should be for the Kings to share some of the wealth of RHD in their system.

Seider, Hronek, and Lindstrom are pretty good down the right side. Wings have absolutely nothing at Center. They might need LHD as well as those behind Evdvinsson are still pretty iffy on being NHLers.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
But why ? He’s one of their best players
for a package better than they received for Mantha (Vrana+1st).
Pretty much says it all. I'm not actively hoping to get rid of Bertuzzi. But if we can get something better than Vrana+1st coming back, I'm listening.

Since there seems to be debate: As someone who has watched full seasons of each, I would take Bert over Mantha 1000 times out of 1000 with zero hesitation.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Bert's a dude I'd trade a lot for if I was willing to throw the kitchen sink at a Cup now, but his upcoming contract is going to be ugly in the out years if that's not where you're at, especially with the injury history. If the Wings can get a 2C, or get into draft position to finally acquire one, they should be all over it. Less than no interest in moving him for a slightly different winger, though.

Reactions: MVPete96

MVPete96

Nov 12, 2011
Michigan
I really like his game. Don't see us (NYR) being able to make the cap work, or the available top 6 spot unless they're trading one of Laf/Kakko.

Yeah I think that’s what it would take. If i’m the Rangers I think it makes a lot of sense too.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
So Mantha is bigger, big deal (he is mostly soft). That is what get him a premium over Bertuzzi? They have scored at similar rates over their careers. Mantha can be lazy. Bertuzzi is all heart and gives 100% all of the time.
Agree I'm taking Bertuzzi over Mantha

Reactions: Jeff!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad