Rumor: Wings taking calls on Bertuzzi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
I barely enjoy having him on my fantasy team I dislike him so much.

Hard pass

Reactions: Seachd

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
It literally says the Red Wings are taking calls on him and he has generated a ton of interest.

Stop spreading misinformation.

Why is that? Does being unvaccinated hinder his on ice performance?

That's just blatantly false and wishful thinking.

Any playoff team would have to think if they are going to acquire him they are going to lose him for at least for 3 to 4 games of 1 playoff round considering both Calgary and Toronto are going to make the playoffs. Then there's Edmonton and the slight possibility of Vancouver.

So a team acquiring him would lose him for away games for 1 to possibly 3 rounds. That just doesnt make sense.

To another American team that wont make the playoffs? Sure.
In the offseason when the border rules may change? Sure.
Detroit takes peanuts from a playoff team due to them losing him in the playoffs against those teams? Sure.

Realistically it doesnt make sense for a playoff team though.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
It's completely besides the point though, even if teams think this season Bertuzzi is real, he is still going to return less than Mantha. Players like Bertuzzi are available every year, the same can't be said about Mantha.

PPG Wingers signed to great contracts are available every year?

No sir, they are not. He would be easily more valuable then Mantha was, if wasn't for his vaccination status.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bertuzzi doesn't have nearly the same allure as Mantha did.

Doesn't hurt to shop him, but I would bet good money Bertuzzi doesn't receive close to what Mantha brought back if he is traded.
Rather have Bertuzzi all day than Mantha if you are trying to win a cup. Couldnt dissagree more. Many teams should be in on this guy.

It's completely besides the point though, even if teams think this season Bertuzzi is real, he is still going to return less than Mantha. Players like Bertuzzi are available every year, the same can't be said about Mantha.
Absolutely not lol. I am a sens fan no dog in this fight but this is a brutal take.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Right now he can’t play in Canada.

Although I’d be willing to bet that Detroit would give permission to whichever team they strike a tentative deal with to convince him to get vaxed if they were to play in Canada in the playoffs

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
Any playoff team would have to think if they are going to acquire him they are going to lose him for at least for 3 to 4 games of 1 playoff round considering both Calgary and Toronto are going to make the playoffs. Then there's Edmonton and the slight possibility of Vancouver.

So a team acquiring him would lose him for away games for 1 to possibly 3 rounds. That just doesnt make sense.

To another American team that wont make the playoffs? Sure.
In the offseason when the border rules may change? Sure.
Detroit takes peanuts from a playoff team due to them losing him in the playoffs against those teams? Sure.

Realistically it doesnt make sense for a playoff team though.

So these rules will stay in place all year long?

WingFanSD

Jul 19, 2011
Mantha is a big soft player who players with no heart, energy or willingness to get his hands dirty. Bert has all that and more. Bert is the type of player that playoffs teams want. Washington got taken to the cleaners in the deal for Mantha. they thought they got a big rugged player when he is not even close to that. mantha is a floating turd on the ice.

having raymond on his line did help alot but now he plays on the 2nd line with suter and fabbri and still is producing.

Reactions: Sega Dreamcast

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
What if your matched up against a Canadian team in the first round? He'd be literally useless because of his vaccine status.

That narrows down the teams quite a bit. They almost have to guarantee they aren't playing a Canadian team in the playoffs.

Reactions: Eco

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
True, but if you beat your wife it also doesn't directly hinder your on ice performance.

But with both cases, you won't be playing in Canada, so....yeah, it matters.

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Let me know when Bertuzzi grows 4 inches and gains 40 lbs.

Every team would love to have him, that doesn't mean he's going to return more than Mantha. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment if you think Bertuzzi is going to return more than a young top 6 forward + 1st + 2nd.

Think more in lines of what Miller would bring in, and then subtract a bit given Bertuzzi's vaccination status and shorter track record. Retention is expected in a flat cap world, if a team doesn't retain the trade isn't going to happen.
Miller is worth a fair bit more than Mantha. So by your logic, Bert is worth more as well.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Atlantic divison team seems most likely. They have the lowest odds of facing a Canadian team in the playoffs.

Edit. Meant Metro division.

Last edited:

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
True, but if you beat your wife it also doesn't directly hinder your on ice performance.

But with both cases, you won't be playing in Canada, so....yeah, it matters.

Not sure what your point/correlation of domestic violence is?

Are these rules staying in place come May/playoffs?

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Not sure what your point/correlation of domestic violence is?

Are these rules staying in place come May/playoffs?

Because neither have to do with hockey, but both will stop you from playing.

I'm certain they will stay for the playoffs this year. Luckily Quebec won't have a team in the playoffs as that would be a nightmare, but Canada will still require a Vax card for entry or do a length quarantine.

BillyZito

Feb 13, 2022
Because neither have to do with hockey, but both will stop you from playing.

I'm certain they will stay for the playoffs this year. Luckily Quebec won't have a team in the playoffs as that would be a nightmare, but Canada will still require a Vax card for entry or do a length quarantine.

Hopefully the rules will change, feels we are at endemic portion of this event

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I really like his game. Don't see us (NYR) being able to make the cap work, or the available top 6 spot unless they're trading one of Laf/Kakko.
He would only be able to play road games for the rangers if he's still unvaccinated.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Hopefully the rules will change, feels we are at endemic portion of this event

Agreed. The only thing both parties want in the US is this shit to end and us to resume normal life.

But, in terms of hockey and reality, it's a risk for any team looking to add the Toothless Wonder to their team.

Reactions: BillyZito

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
The more I think about it, the more I wouldn't take the risk of trading for him. The assets required just aren't worth giving up for potentially only road games to be played when it matters most.

I'd target someone else like..JT Miller or Rakell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad