Rumor: Wings taking calls on Bertuzzi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Not many teams will touch unless he gets vaccinated

Yes.

Not being allowed to be on the ice is a less than ideal scenario for peak on ice performance.

I am confused, didn't Ontario, Alberta and Que all say that all of their mandates are gone by the end of March?
So his vaccination status is a moot point.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Any playoff team would have to think if they are going to acquire him they are going to lose him for at least for 3 to 4 games of 1 playoff round considering both Calgary and Toronto are going to make the playoffs. Then there's Edmonton and the slight possibility of Vancouver.

So a team acquiring him would lose him for away games for 1 to possibly 3 rounds. That just doesnt make sense.

To another American team that wont make the playoffs? Sure.
In the offseason when the border rules may change? Sure.
Detroit takes peanuts from a playoff team due to them losing him in the playoffs against those teams? Sure.

Realistically it doesnt make sense for a playoff team though.
Again I’d be pretty shocked if he wouldn’t get vaccinated for a shot at the cup. Never mind that Canada seems awfully close to removing all their restrictions.

His decision to not get vaxed was likely much easier knowing Detroit had no shot at a Cup

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Because neither have to do with hockey, but both will stop you from playing.

I'm certain they will stay for the playoffs this year. Luckily Quebec won't have a team in the playoffs as that would be a nightmare, but Canada will still require a Vax card for entry or do a length quarantine.
Many provinces have already removed Vax restrictions and it’s only February.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Again though, is that a risk that a team is willing to take? I don't think so.
1. I’m sure the league knows more on this than we do. It seems very unlikely at this point that Canada still has these restrictions come May.

2. I’m also sure teams would talk to Bertuzzi and ask if he would get vaccinated to play for a Cup. His decision not to get vaxed is definitely easier knowing Detroit was never going to make the playoffs.

Reactions: Reddwit and Eco

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
Not many teams will touch unless he gets vaccinated

Almost all vaccine mandates are being dropped March 1st. If you think that's stopping a PPG player from being acquired, you're sadly mistaken. See; Kane, Deangelo, etc.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
This is peak hfboard comedy. "NO GM WILL TOUCH A PHYSICAL PPG WINGER PERFECTLY SUITED FOR A PLAYOFF PUSH!!!"

meme_culture_new_normal_common_sense_should_prevail_feature-1600x899.jpg

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
It's hard to find guys that play like Bertuzzi. I think the only way Yzerman moves him is if there is an attitude issue. The NHL is a fall in line league and the anti vaccine thing may have rubbed some people the wrong way in the organization. Obviously only speculation here. We saw Yzerman move Drouin pretty quickly after we heard of some attitude issues with him.

Jul 6, 2016
Why would they do that ? Power forwards like him don't grow in trees.

dbaz

Jan 29, 2010
I am confused, didn't Ontario, Alberta and Que all say that all of their mandates are gone by the end of March?

People dont seem to understand province doesnt equal country. Canada requires proof of vaccine or isolation.

Reactions: IcedJuicebox

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I honestly did not know that. But, from trying to read up on the new rules, it looks like if you are unvaccinated you still need to quarantine for 14 days when you cross the border

Unvaccinated travellers will continue to be required to test on arrival, on Day 8 and quarantine for 14 days.
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-hea...t-of-transition-of-the-pandemic-response.html

wingfan

Jul 1, 2012
It's hard to find guys that play like Bertuzzi. I think the only way Yzerman moves him is if there is an attitude issue. The NHL is a fall in line league and the anti vaccine thing may have rubbed some people the wrong way in the organization. Obviously only speculation here. We saw Yzerman move Drouin pretty quickly after we heard of some attitude issues with him.

This. I think if Bert were an issue attitude wise he'd have already been long gone. Every time Yzerman has been pressed by the media regarding Bertuzzi's vax status he's said "it's a personal decision and we absolutely respect his right to make that decision." Granted, Stevie Y has never been anything but professional and I would never expect him to come out and drag one of his guys through the mud over something like this, but I really do feel if it was a big issue and there were other attitude/locker room issues at hand something would have been said, even like a "it's disappointing" or something. Bert is clearly loved by his teammates and vice versa.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Niemela
Robertson
Abramov
1st
3rd
Probably have to add more but if we put Muzzin on LTIR to get the cap space I’d take Bertuzzi for a playoff run in a heart beat

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Niemela
Robertson
Abramov
1st
3rd
Probably have to add more but if we put Muzzin on LTIR to get the cap space I’d take Bertuzzi for a playoff run in a heart beat
Is this every offer for every player from leaf fans, or is this a bit,

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Vax issue aside, every playoff team should be lining up offers for Bertuzzi. Unfortunately, that real issue cannot simply be ignored, so, on paper, the Metro/Central divisions would make the most sense given they are the least likely to have to play a Canadian team.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
It literally says the Red Wings are taking calls on him and he has generated a ton of interest.

Stop spreading misinformation.
What you said doesn't refute what he said, so maybe take your own advice. A few teams could be showing a lot of interest.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
I don’t really care what you say about physical attributes couch gm, bertuzzi is a better player than Mantha is and in a 82 game season is on pace for 82 points. If you think he wouldn’t get a haul if he was traded you’re crazy. The only reason yzerman would ever trade him is for a haul
Mantha is willing to play an 82 game season, Bertuzzi is not. That definitely weighs down Bertuzzi's value.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Bertuzzi doesn't have nearly the same allure as Mantha did.

Doesn't hurt to shop him, but I would bet good money Bertuzzi doesn't receive close to what Mantha brought back if he is traded.

Huh...?

What. Are. You. Talking. About....? What do you mean by "allure"? Because Mantha was a first rounder and Bert wasn't....????

This is flat out wrong. Mantha is known as an underachiever and a floater, Bertuzzi is known as a hard-working player willing to sacrifice his body to win. I'll take you on this bet all day long.

Honest question, have you ever watched Tyler Bertuzzi play hockey? I don't think you've ever actually watched him play....

You still salty at uncle Todd over an incident from 18 years ago or something??

Reactions: MVPete96

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
It literally says the Red Wings are taking calls on him and he has generated a ton of interest.

Stop spreading misinformation.
The title of this thread is the only place that says the Wings are taking calls on him. The misinformation is coming from folks like you and the OP who can't spend 4 seconds to read the first few sentences of the article that is linked.

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
This is blatantly false, Come next fall there wont be any vaccine mandates in Canada. And life should be back to normal.
Well are we talking about his trade value next fall or right now? Right now he has made to choice to not play hockey in Canada, that hurts his value.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
It's completely besides the point though, even if teams think this season Bertuzzi is real, he is still going to return less than Mantha. Players like Bertuzzi are available every year, the same can't be said about Mantha.

WHAT??? :facepalm:

What players are you talking about?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad