Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Media two weeks ago: Rangers need to be bigger and tougher in the playoffs.

Media today: Kane and Zegras want to be Rangers, should be a good fit.
yeah but Zeg is big enuf

Rangers offer Kakko and 1st. Get this done Drury. Farabee brings grit and physical p;lay in his game. Good complete player
hell no
KK better and stop giving away picks

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
We short circuited our rebuild betting on talent (Panarin) and look at what's happened.....we should stay FAR away from Panarin Lite at all costs.
I mean this team has played in two ECF in the last 3 years. They did some things right.

Like I said, I don't care if they get Zegras. My main focus is on the D-corps of this team.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Flyers are about to bring in Mitchkov, why would they trade away big pieces now? Farabee is under term for a decent deal.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Philly is going to get scraps for Farabee. He’s on the outs and has term on his deal. I don’t think that many teams will be lining up to pay him $5m a year as a ‘maybe’.

Drury should be in on this. He is the type of player they need and in the perfect age. Get it done.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site

Maybe I’m not one to talk but whatever happened to acting like an adult when your name and profession are attached? These two deserve each other as far as I’m concerned
original post Brooks made stated
Jere-Me Roenick and neither Alexander Mogilny nor Patrik Elias? Members of the Hockey Hall of Fame selection committee should resign in disgrace.
which is kinda unprofessional to call out people in this manner.
Rangers offer Kakko and 1st. Get this done Drury. Farabee brings grit and physical p;lay in his game. Good complete player
Kakko would get destroyed by Torts.

Philly is going to get scraps for Farabee. He’s on the outs and has term on his deal. I don’t think that many teams will be lining up to pay him $5m a year as a ‘maybe’.
yep. Torts not a fan of Farabee either apparently.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Look at all of you falling for all this misdirection.
1719356966692.jpeg

Reactions: Tob

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I’m assuming you are giving % of cap hits at the time these contracts were signed, yes?
Sorry, stupid time zones...

Yes, those percentages were at time of signing. Although it doesn't change much if you do the % on the year they won the cup, Crawford and Quick are the two biggest movers and they drop by about 0.6%, Fluery and Holtby at 0.5% are next

Reactions: kovazub94

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Disappointing there is almost nothing out there about the defense…either Drury is playing it super tight (quite possible) or it’s truly not even a consideration

Is there anything out there about anyone?

Some of the usual people attaching the rangers to names for clicks but haven’t heard anything substantial at all on anything other than Kakko.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Is there anything out there about anyone?

Some of the usual people attaching the rangers to names for clicks but haven’t heard anything substantial at all on anything other than Kakko.
I mean even the Kakko extension came out of nowhere. What it tells me is that Drury runs a tight ship, and all the info the insiders/reporters get out of Rangers is via other teams.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
They’ll likely send him out west.
I can’t see the flyers do us any favors dealing farabee to us so he can be a giant pain in their ass the next 4 years in division games….
I do like his style of play and contract.

TBH both him and Zergas are interesting target…. Zergas knows his offense. Putting up 60 pts as a 22yr old is solid….
Put him in the right environment with a veteran winning team( like NYR) apparently where he would like to be near home and he might surprise some people….
Thing is, we might not see his best hockey til he’s 25-26……

I like Zibby-Zergas-tro better then Zibby-Tro-chytil…..

He’s def in the boom or bust basket…… probably don’t get a chance to trade for him at the current price he is now if he has a healthy productive season……
Might be worth the gamble.
We need talented centers. And he’s under 25.

I really have no clue what the plan is going to be for the roster. I’m sure he’ll try and grab at least 1 FWD and 1 D from the bargain bin, like last season…. But he could make 1 or 2 large trades early as the draft this season….
I rather avoid a second showing of Kane unless he’s dirt cheap…..
What zergas/kane have me cautious about is their injuries… we already have Fragile Fil on the books..

I wonder what Frederic would cost to get him outta Boston…..
Edstrom-Frederic-Rempe/vesey could be a fun 4th line

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad