Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The hate Zegras would receive from this fan base would make what Trouba and Zibanejad get look like they were Leetch and Messier in comparison.

Better option than Kane? Yeah.

A good option? No. Another one dimensional perimeter player who does flashy shit for the f*** of it.

I don't think they do.

Guentzel wasn't going to help them get the puck up ice. He would have likely been playing out of position on RW with Kreider and Zibanejad and they got locked the f*** up.

Would’ve helped the PP though

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
"Zegras wants to play for the Rangers. He prefers them over any other destination. He trains with Kreider every summer."
Per Arthur Staple & Peter Baugh today

Holy editorializing

A report linked the Rangers to a potential Trevor Zegras trade as the Ducks are listening to offers for the 23-year-old forward who has two years left on his deal at a $5.75 million cap hit. We haven’t heard anything that concrete linking the Rangers to Zegras, who grew up in Bedford, barely a 15-minute drive to the Rangers’ practice facility
What we can say is that Zegras, who trains in the offseason at Prentiss Hockey Performance alongside Chris Kreider, has had the Rangers as his ideal destination for a long time. Ducks GM Pat Verbeek has had some decent interest from at least one team — believed to be the Flyers — but is asking for a very expensive return for Zegras, who had an injury-plagued 2023-24 and finished with 15 points in 31 games.

The cost certainty on Zegras this season and next would be workable for the Rangers, but whether the fit is there might be in question.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
A report linked the Rangers to a potential Trevor Zegras trade as the Ducks are listening to offers for the 23-year-old forward who has two years left on his deal at a $5.75 million cap hit. We haven’t heard anything that concrete linking the Rangers to Zegras, who grew up in Bedford, barely a 15-minute drive to the Rangers’ practice facility
What we can say is that Zegras, who trains in the offseason at Prentiss Hockey Performance alongside Chris Kreider, has had the Rangers as his ideal destination for a long time. Ducks GM Pat Verbeek has had some decent interest from at least one team — believed to be the Flyers — but is asking for a very expensive return for Zegras, who had an injury-plagued 2023-24 and finished with 15 points in 31 games.

The cost certainty on Zegras this season and next would be workable for the Rangers, but whether the fit is there might be in question.
Eh lol not exactly a reach

Reactions: McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Farabee would be a good option on Zibanejad’s RW if the cost is minimal. I’ve always liked him

I really wanted Farabee in his draft year. He hasn’t popped in a big way but he’s had some good seasons and is still young. Needs a change probably. I’m into it. Torts will make Kakko into a 2 way demon or grind him down to a nub. Kinda hoping this goes down.

Reactions: surlysailor

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Would’ve helped the PP though

He wouldn’t have played on the top unit.

The only scenario I can see him possibly bumping them over Florida is if Lavi decided to load up Mika and Panarin and just punt their unproductive guys by lumping them together. Maybe JG gives them a goal or 3 on line 2 that would have made a difference.

Reactions: McRanger92

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't actually hate the idea of Zegras. You always bet on talent. Easier to teach some grit to Zegras than make a grinder more skilled. I'm not sure he's what this team needs but whatever.

I'm just scared of what Drury would pay for him. Anaheim has fleeced some teams recently.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I really wanted Farabee in his draft year. He hasn’t popped in a big way but he’s had some good seasons and is still young. Needs a change probably. I’m into it. Torts will make Kakko into a 2 way demon or grind him down to a nub. Kinda hoping this goes down.
Lindgren for Farabee. Torts would have multiples

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
Can someone explain to me in simple terms, ideally like im a 5 year old from a continent that isnt Nth America, what Dolan owning the Sphere has to do with anything?
The venue is already hosting the draft and all hockey interested eyes will be watching already. How does NYR doing anything on the day/night change any of that?
Dolan wants to be in the spotlight.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Drury is gonna trade Trouba then sign Kane AND Stamkos just to watch this board meltdown:sarcasm:
dabd0c87-03ad-49ba-b7c9-c0699f44a5d4_text.gif

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I don't actually hate the idea of Zegras. You always bet on talent. Easier to teach some grit to Zegras than make a grinder more skilled. I'm not sure he's what this team needs but whatever.

I'm just scared of what Drury would pay for him. Anaheim has fleeced some teams recently.
We short circuited our rebuild betting on talent (Panarin) and look at what's happened.....we should stay FAR away from Panarin Lite at all costs.

KennyWu

Oct 14, 2010
This could be interesting an interesting add. No idea what his value would be after his most productive season.

I love how this gets added to any piece of news.

"Palestine and Israel have settled their differences. Keep in mind the draft is being held at the Sphere owned by James Dolan and the Rangers have their 1st round pick"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad