Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I wouldn't do that if I was cbj
wouldn't do that if I was Rs

I meant just Mikkola signed and Lindy traded

Not an 11 player, franchise kinda move.
1. still counts, evidences I called it ahead of the curve
2. sometimes tweaks are fine. sometimes its go big or go home

Walman getting traded with a 2nd and a 3.4M contract for literally nothing and we're supposed to believe there's an actual market out there willing to give up quality for Trouba at 8M lol
Trouba at full pop and quality back is pushing it, REALLY

but I've been pushing retain 1.5 = JT at 6.5 add a 3rd get 2 2nds back
THAT is smartest move, cap relief + futures, stop win now on likely a questionable vet

I love seeing stuff like this and remembering the Red Wings comically collapsed out of the playoff race. "Cut the hubris!" - Stevie Y

Trouba and the 30th OA (0% Retained) for Justin Holl will change lives.
NO, stop giving away picks
stop
see above

Rutger McGroaty is apparently not going to sign in Winnipeg this summer because the team wont guarantee him an NHL spot. I wonder what the Rangers think of him.

Sounds like he is available.
2024 1st + a medium throw in
they half-ish recover 1st on a 14OA with a late pick
and get like a Sykora for now

no on moving KK etc

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Copp has an extra year over Trouba, but his buyout is cheaper for 2025-26. $1,562,500 vs 4 mil.

Holl only has 2 years left and his buyout number is $1,133,334
Fair point but I think I'd rather just hold onto Trouba rather than make that move. Holl as a cap dump maybe makes sense because he could be the 3rd pairing guy and then a buyout after.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I’m waiting for the shoe to drop on what Drury is going to give Grier at some point for taking Goodrow

No way that San Jose charges Detroit a 2nd to take a better player at a similar salary without something coming

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I’m waiting for the shoe to drop on what Drury is going to give Grier at some point for taking Goodrow

No way that San Jose charges Detroit a 2nd to take a better player at a similar salary
I mean I guess it's possible that Grier really actually wanted Goodrow and knew that he could not get him unless it was a waiver claim (because Goodrow would not sign there after a buyout), and that Yzerman was reeeeally desperate to shed some money for a big splash already in the works, but it will be interesting to see what happens.

Reactions: Chalfdiggity3

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Sam Reinhart is going to ride a 25% shooting percentage to a contract that is going to be 3-4 million more than he should be making.

Guentzel is a better player.

Rangers beat the Panthers if they trade Kakko for Guentzel at the deadline. They still would’ve been wildly outplayed but Igor only needed a couple more goals to steal that series.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Sam Reinhart is going to ride a 25% shooting percentage to a contract that is going to be 3-4 million more than he should be making.

Guentzel is a better player.
Better player and a better fit. Can’t afford him though without massive moves, and we’ll hate the back end of that contract.

"Zegras wants to play for the Rangers. He prefers them over any other destination. He trains with Kreider every summer."
Per Arthur Staple & Peter Baugh today
Pack your shit up Jovo, you’ve been shipped to Michigan. You were warned yesterday.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The hate Zegras would receive from this fan base would make what Trouba and Zibanejad get look like they were Leetch and Messier in comparison.

Better option than Kane? Yeah.

A good option? No. Another one dimensional perimeter player who does flashy shit for the f*** of it.

Rangers beat the Panthers if they trade Kakko for Guentzel at the deadline. They still would’ve been wildly outplayed but Igor only needed a couple more goals to steal that series.

I don't think they do.

Guentzel wasn't going to help them get the puck up ice. He would have likely been playing out of position on RW with Kreider and Zibanejad and they got locked the f*** up.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
This could be interesting an interesting add. No idea what his value would be after his most productive season.

Can someone explain to me in simple terms, ideally like im a 5 year old from a continent that isnt Nth America, what Dolan owning the Sphere has to do with anything?
The venue is already hosting the draft and all hockey interested eyes will be watching already. How does NYR doing anything on the day/night change any of that?

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Can someone explain to me in simple terms, ideally like im a 5 year old from a continent that isnt Nth America, what Dolan owning the Sphere has to do with anything?
The venue is already hosting the draft and all hockey interested eyes will be watching already. How does NYR doing anything on the day/night change any of that?
Dolan will threaten to blow up the sphere if the NHL doesn’t award the 1st overall pick to the NYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad