Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Dylan Demelo was prpjected to get 4 years and ~$5.3m per season from AFP, he came in at 4 years and $4.9m per season. HOPEFULLY, Matt Roy would be the same and Detroit is clearing cap for Trouba. Roy is slated for 5 years @ ~$5.825m per season

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA

Another absolutely wild thought... Yzerman trading for Panarin? Wasn't Drury rumoured to be shopping him? Re-uniting Panarin and Kane...

I think he has only 12 players signed so far for next season but didn’t Yzerman already have like 30 million in space? Did he really need to move a 2nd to get rid of a player with one year left at 3.4?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Would be so f***ing far out of left field.

Can’t see him waiving to go there. Maybe Marner?
Never actually thought about Detroit as a destination for Marner but would be close to Toronto...

I think he has only 12 players signed so far for next season but didn’t Yzerman already have like 30 million in space? Did he really need to move a 2nd to get rid of a player with one year left at 3.4?
I mean he has to re-sign Raymond and Seider, both of them will cost a lot. But I don't think they needed to move Walman, unless they are planning on a big splash...

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
Yzerman feeling the pressure to get DRW into the playoffs after all of last year's moves couldn't get them over the hump. He signed 8 players last summer in the first two days of free agency, then added Kane in November.

Could be going after bigger fish this time around...

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Considering they have to sign Raymond and Seider, which are probably long term deals for them, he may be looking for another big move. Everyone is saying Marner. I'm not sure if it is that. Could be Necas or Laine.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Yzerman feeling the pressure to get DRW into the playoffs after all of last year's moves couldn't get them over the hump. He signed 8 players last summer in the first two days of free agency, then added Kane in November.

Could be going after bigger fish this time around...

Yeah there were some rumblings about Guentzel and Detroit.

Theres the Stamkos connection with TB (I don't think Stammer leaves, but I didn't think Pavelski would leave SJ either) and bringing back Kane as well. They have a ton of space but also have a lot of spots to fill.

Would gladly do a 1 for 1 trade of Trouba for Maatta. Maatta sucks, but its 1 year left at 3 mill.

Reactions: noncents

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
puckpedia.com
don't think it has anything to do with NYR, I think Yzerman is clearing some space and going to push hard for Stamkos to join in on what they have cooking there in DET. They're losing Kane in 6 days, that's a very important veteran that they will need to replace and who better than Stammer?

Reactions: Mandar

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Yeah there were some rumblings about Guentzel and Detroit.

Theres the Stamkos connection with TB (I don't think Stammer leaves, but I didn't think Pavelski would leave SJ either) and bringing back Kane as well. They have a ton of space but also have a lot of spots to fill.

Would gladly do a 1 for 1 trade of Trouba for Maatta. Maatta sucks, but its 1 year left at 3 mill.
Hmm? Stamkos. That’s interesting.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
don't think it has anything to do with NYR, I think Yzerman is clearing some space and going to push hard for Stamkos to join in on what they have cooking there in DET. They're losing Kane in 6 days, that's a very important veteran that they will need to replace and who better than Stammer?
There has to be something else happening. They have LOADS of capspace as it is. They can deal with the RFAs in time. Using a 2nd to dump Walman making 3.4, who apparently was probably better than Lindgren this year, makes NO sense.

Reactions: AirGut

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Rangers really can't afford to take on a contract like Copp with the Igor, Laf, and Miller extensions plus whoever might be added this off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad