GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
1719603128008.gif

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I’m all for it, obviously 😀

Frankly, I’m completely shocked Demidov isn’t a lock at 2 now that the main concerns about him have been resolved
- he’s 6”0 180+
- speaks English
- focused on playing in the NHL ASAP
- Michkov already moving to the Flyers

How about the concern not one person has scouted him in person and he hasn’t played against any of his peers in international tournaments

Reactions: Idionym

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
How about the concern not one person has scouted him in person and he hasn’t played against any of his peers in international tournaments
I forgot which article I read it in, but the Hawks have a scout that has seen him in person.

It doesn't matter, I have accepted that they're taking Lev at this point.
Going to hope for the best.

Reactions: ClydeLee

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I'm at the point now that I just want the first round to be over. So some of the usual suspects in here who have complained the most can bitch and moan about why they chose Levshunov (and probably why they chose whoever at #18 too) so we can get on with our lives... and focus on day 2 tomorrow. Then hopefully the kids can prove those individuals wrong down the road.

Joemoe

Aug 3, 2015
I'm at the point now that I just want the first round to be over. So some of the usual suspects in here who have complained the most can bitch and moan about why they chose Levshunov (and probably why they chose whoever at #18 too) so we can get on with our lives... and focus on day 2 tomorrow. Then hopefully the kids can prove those individuals wrong down the road.
I just hope we see constructive criticism for whoever is picked and not actively rooting against them because it wasn't "their guy" although that might be too much to ask.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
For me, only at pick #18 is there potential for me to get upset.

They can't actually make a bad pick at #2. They can make mediocre and unexciting picks, but none of the options are flat out bad (at this point in time).

18 though, I could see them doing something stupid. But we also don't know if they're staying there either.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
For me, only at pick #18 is there potential for me to get upset.

They can't actually make a bad pick at #2. They can make mediocre and unexciting picks, but none of the options are flat out bad (at this point in time).

18 though, I could see them doing something stupid. But we also don't know if they're staying there either.
Yes. I personally prefer other guys to Lev but he's a very good prospect. The only guy at two I'd actively dislike that has a snowballs chance in hell of happening is Parekh.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Yes. I personally prefer other guys to Lev but he's a very good prospect. The only guy at two I'd actively dislike that has a snowballs chance in hell of happening is Parekh.
Even Parekh I wouldn't get mad about.

I understand the concerns with him being a smaller/weaker player, but the offensive ceiling is really high. If the Blackhawks see the upside of him being a ppg+ defenseman, I'm willing to take that bet with them.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
Just as long as I'm not considered to be Verbal Kint/Kevin Spacey/Keyser Soze.

1719604840846.png

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
Just spend pick 18+whatever else on McGroarty and I am fine with the Lev pick. Make it so, King Lizard Wizard KyKy Davidson from Chicago.

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
One can be both.
One can be but the fridge hasn't gaslit anyone to the best of my knowledge. A smart ass that can get under your skin? For sure. I'm guilty of that from time to time. This might just be me being extra sensitive to the accusation because it was levied at me recently and it was unfounded but it's an extremely bad thing to do and I don't like the word being thrown around as freely as it is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad