Value of: Nylander (Trade)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
The way I could see it playing out is they are trying Bertuzzi for a year and if he is a good fit, they extend him 6m per and move Nylander for someone like Parayko

Reactions: DougGilmour93

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Reilly isn't looking like a defensive wizard as far as I can find in advanced metrics and it looks like he doesn't PK. He also doesn't face the hardest competition.

Clearly a talented offensive player. To be fair he has "the big 4" to pass to and that would help any dmans stats.

FC4LnrrXsAUdiXx.jpg:large

Hanifin shows better defense against harder competition while being a tier below on offense and costing a good bit less $.

Ez6iTIEXoAgaSjy.jpg:large

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Tell me more...
JFresh cards have really devolved hockey analysis
Problem is his point totals an are also inflated from the calibre of players he plays with. He won’t be the same if expected to drive play.

It’s also why he’s at most $8.5m

They are saying Lindholm lands in the $8.5 to 9.0 range and how can Nylander be worth more than a Center with Selke votes.

If Nylander is smart he just walks to UFA unless a team overpays as it’s likely he’s going to repeat having inflated point totals.

Granted I think Toronto we hard pressed to take a top 3 divisional seat this year and could be wildcard diving.
I was talking about Rielly there, not Nylander. But I disagree, Nylander is expected to drive play right now and does it at an extremely high level.

The last 2 seasons JT has no longer been able to drive play and has been reliant on his most common 5v5 partner, Nylander, to do so. Nylander has thrived in this environment posting back to back PPG seasons. A question mark is if he can be the primary offensive star on his team, but he can certainly drive play

Also, the only way Toronto doesn't finish top 3 in the division is catastrophic injuries. You can understandably have question marks about their playoff abilities, but they are an elite regular season team with their core pieces in their prime and good offensive depth.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
At this point, looks like they’re either signing him, or he walks as a UFA.

The issue? If they can’t get a legit pair leading dman in return, there really isn’t a forward who’s going to give them the same production this year. Plus, in a contract year, he wants to stay, because he knows what type of #s he’s going to put up. Makes trading him much harder.

With what they’d get in return, they’d just turn around and trade for his replacement anyway.

This happens when you’re in your window. He may not even re-sign until after speaking with other teams next summer. If I had to wager, I’d say he ultimately stays.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Remove Hanafin and Flames still say no. Their pick will be high in 2024. Maybe top 10. rental Nylander isn’t worth that much.
Lol
That I assume would be based on an extension in place for all parties. (Obviously)

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Problem is his point totals an are also inflated from the calibre of players he plays with. He won’t be the same if expected to drive play.

They are saying Lindholm lands in the $8.5 to 9.0 range and how can Nylander be worth more than a Center with Selke votes.

If Nylander is smart he just walks to UFA unless a team overpays as it’s likely he’s going to repeat having inflated point totals.

Granted I think Toronto we hard pressed to take a top 3 divisional seat this year and could be wildcard diving.

Wut???

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Lol
That I assume would be based on an extension in place for all parties. (Obviously)
Depends on the AAV. If Nylander wants $10mm per, he’s not worth much of anything because you gotta overpay him to sign a 8 year deal and then you’ve locked yourself into a questionable contract. Teams won’t cough up good assets to ink a bad contract.

If he’s sign for more like $8.5mm per, then sure.. he’s valuable.

Given his AAV demands, I see his market being thin.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
If Toronto doesn't trade him, starting in 2024/25, they have:

Matthews - $13.5 million
Tavares - $11 million
Marner - $10.9 million and due a raise
Nylander - $10 million

Bertuzzi and Domi will also be due raises and be UFAs. They also need to fill our almost their entire d-core and sign at least 1 goalie.

Good luck building a team around that. Nylander also seems to want to go to a team where he is more of a main attraction.
I don't think Marner gets much of a raise. Tavares only has that 1 year left, so Leafs are in a holding pattern for these next 2 seasons. Cap will also be $92m+

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
He won't be traded, unless it's for a severe overpayment, why would they?

If I had to estimate his value, it would be a proven #1D man plus a top 15 first round pick

Personally, I'd rather have Nylander as opposed to marner or Matthews

Just throwing a silly offer out there, how about askarov + Nashville's 2024 first round pick....even then I think Nashville needs to add something small
In what world lol, and with that precedent?
Even Dubois as a comparable got a 40 point guy (Vilardi), 36 point guy (Iafallo), a 15 point young asset (Kupari) and a 2nd. In this day and age, no one's trading a proven #1 D straight up for another #1 guy, the fit is rarely so perfect as it is and teams can rarely afford to give that guy up if they aren't rebuilding, in which case they'd again ask for futures (same with Horvat for a youngish lesser asset in Beauvillier, a prospect in Raty and a 1st -- rarely star for star).

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I figure he signs for 9.75x6 any day now
if I had to trade him, I am going for a winger on an ELC putting up 50-60 points

Reactions: francis246

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Ryder + Halak + 2nd…

Or…

From this Canes fan’s perspective - Pesce + the PHI 2nd (early pick) and a prospect of the Gunler/Rees/Ponomarev/Drury ilk.

Higher cost than that? Then I doubt it’d be the Canes paying it.
I think that's pretty close considering how high in the draft Philly should end up being.

thehoffs

Jul 4, 2023
Yes it’s crazy right. Right now….

Tampa Florida Ottawa are then expected top 3 followed by Tor Bos Buf DET Mon.

I fully expect Tor has the #4 but Buffalo is an absolute unknown. They could challenge for top3 or tank for lottery.

Only real hole in Buffalo is in the net after all.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

Anybody who watches the Leafs knows Nylander is a play driver. He's on a line with Tavares who can't drive play anymore. Nylander is gonna want 10m, and he's got a case for it.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Toronto Maple Leafs
Brady Skjei
Martin Necas

Carolina Hurricanes
William Nylander
Connor Timmins
Carolina has 9 one-way contracts on defense right now plus Beaulieu on a PTO. They have zero need for Timmins. Trading Necas for only 1 guaranteed year of Nylander also doesn't make sense for Carolina.

Take out Timmins and Necas and re-work the plus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad